Leather Wolf Assembly

Hello,
I crafted this golem because on the official website they say that when it attacks enemies it summons leather wolves that can be attacked (https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/quests/thepem-and-zosilem-quests/)
I attacked various critters for half an hour and never had it summon any companion.
Is the info on the wifi irrelevant?
On a side note is there a way to bind it?
Regards.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I'ts been years since I made one.  I thought they did summon a companion if you have slots available.   I killed silver serpents with them for the vials to make dyes.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    the wild ones summon additional wolves, the crafted ones do not.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    Never heard of these before so had to look it up and seems the OP is correct the official wiki says:

When ordered to attack this mechanical companion howls for help. A maximum of 3 additional leather wolves materialise at approximately 4 second intervals and attack the target. They will dematerialise in the same way after the battle. The summoned wolves fight only the initial target and the clockwork wolf cannot summon more helpers till the existing ones have disappeared. The clockwork wolf occupies one follower slot, the summoned helpers do not occupy slots.
    I highlighted a few statements which would lead me to believe that as long as it keeps fighting the same thing that it keeps summoning until it has 3 companions rather there are slots or not.  Doesn't help make it work, of course but yep says that, might want to make sure it takes long enough to kill the thing you order it to, so that it has time to summon?
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    I read something similar around the time these came out, i never had the crafted ones ever summon any 'companions', II used to use those to farm Unbound Energy Vortex' in shame shortly after the revamp... back when the loot was actually worth the time it took to kill em.

they worked fine (i had a sampire tanking, while the pets were just additional dps) and i could kill the UEVs in about 50sec ish (iirc) did this for at least a few weeks. with 2 chars (samp & disco-tamer (i took vet off for tinkering just to try it) as normally i used 5 frienzied ostards at the time.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Reminds me of the days spent finding Farmer Nash's Pitchfork.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Apologies. It would seem that when creating the page from old notes I failed to realise there was a change to these in publish 71. I will edit the pages.
    Pet Leather Wolf golems will no longer be able to summon help

• Hello Mariah, no harm done, I will have to get back to the standard leather wolves roaming scattered on the vast lands of Ter Mur if I ever want to successfully finish that chain.