I like the current event.

No one is ever going accuse me of being a fanboi but I am really enjoying a event that I can play casually and get some decent rewards without having to live UO and grind away in a dungeon full of paragons to maybe get enough drops for 3-4 rewards.  I like the Ilsh Champ spawn bogthing and the handful of eggs from it and the footwear.  I like that my KRAP Characters can participate, I like that newer and average players can participate, I LOVE that those of us that work and have real life responsibilities can participate. I would wager that the vast majority of us can't play a game server up to server down grinding Treasures of Dungeons.  LOL what made the original TOTs so popular was that everyone could participate and get nice rewards, whether the no life power gamer or the casual couple hours per week player.

Anyway I see a handful of people complaining here and in GC about how horrible this event is.... I see a whole lot more enjoying and having fun doing this event.  Would not hurt to do at least one or two toned down events like this for the majority of players rather than always catering to the Elite Clique.

So thanks for creating a event that I and many others are greatly enjoying.

Comments

• RockoRocko Posts: 174
    This is a fine post and thanks for making it.  At the Ilsh spawn "a player" stated in /say that the event was boring.  I told the person to make it interesting by playing differently.  Try a different template/make a new toon/play with friends and/or make a guild event out of it, make it challenging for yourself.  There was no response other than the event was stupid, blah blah blah.  People want to complain to hear themselves complain (i.e. to show everyone how smart and aloof they are...fail) and it is easier to complain than it is to find a solution.

Maybe this is not the best event ever but it is what we have and so we should make the best of it.  The drop rate is fine, the rewards and their cost are in line with effort it takes to participate in the event.  The devs create the scenario it is the players job to take it from there.
  • Tyrath said:
     No one is ever going accuse me of being a fanboi but I am really enjoying a event that I can play casually and get some decent rewards without having to live UO and grind away in a dungeon full of paragons to maybe get enough drops for 3-4 rewards.  I like the Ilsh Champ spawn bogthing and the handful of eggs from it and the footwear.  I like that my KRAP Characters can participate, I like that newer and average players can participate, I LOVE that those of us that work and have real life responsibilities can participate. I would wager that the vast majority of us can't play a game server up to server down grinding Treasures of Dungeons.  LOL what made the original TOTs so popular was that everyone could participate and get nice rewards, whether the no life power gamer or the casual couple hours per week player.

Anyway I see a handful of people complaining here and in GC about how horrible this event is.... I see a whole lot more enjoying and having fun doing this event.  Would not hurt to do at least one or two toned down events like this for the majority of players rather than always catering to the Elite Clique.

You are a fanboi, event sucks, rewards suck. You see people? I dont, everyone smashed the eggs until the reward guy now its deader than a twt in fel.
  • Tyrath said:

You are a fanboi, event sucks, rewards suck. You see people? I dont, everyone smashed the eggs until the reward guy now its deader than a twt in fel.
    He’s jealous of your beard @Tyrath
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Tyrath said:

He’s jealous of your beard @ Tyrath

Yep without question some serious beard envy at play there!
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,021
    It's just too BORING i quickly got what i need and since i don't hoard stuff to sell there's no point to continue for me beef the little critters up or add random chance for real abomination to spawn!
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,305
    Overall not too bad of an event.  The boots are not to hard to get and have better than average mods for boots, and no durability.  They should sell pretty well for a good price in the future.  Would like to see a few more eggs available to players doing the spawn in lish.
    Think the boss should have better loot though.  Usually bosses have mostly artifacts while this one has mostly junk.
    Price for thorns is rather high but would expect that to drop pretty fast in a week or so as more and more players will be harvesting them.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited April 2023
    I 100% agree. I really dislike the ToTs for a dozen reasons and the main ones being they are so grindy, repetitive and boring, although the top rewards are usually worth it. Yea the rewards from this aren't Demon Bone Armor tier but still a nice changeup.

Not to derail the thread but I feel like this is why people would enjoy the Account Bound system that has been proposed ad nauseum. Rewards could be even cheaper, easier to obtain, any template to participate, long lasting events, etc. to the point the items are essentially free to anyone that just logs in and plays the game. I would 100% always sacrifice being able to sell a few select items in order to save me hours/days of farming and allow them to be transferred.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,168
    I respect your opinion @Tyrath and agree with a few parts but overall I would say that I dislike this event. I'll stick with the positives so I don't hijack this thread with the negatives, but the one huge reason I dislike the event is because there is nothing new to actually go for... people like myself that are good on previous drops really have very little reason to do this event.

I do think the Dev team did a good job on quite a few things from this event:
    • Communication! The Devs released the stuff on TC1 and gave us some details with enough time to prepare. They said "April" start and it actually started on April 1st along with all other timelines they gave us. Job well done there.
    • Giving some new life to older mechanics (gardening [green thorns] / luck seeing a use [crafting luck pieces])
    •  Putting a limit to multiboxers. 3 eggs (possible 4th on corpse) seems like the right number. The people using 5-6 accounts to get drops still need to use thorns and 1 thorn gives a max of 4 eggs so while they might get stuff faster, the disparity in drops won't be huge compared to people with a few accounts / active guilds.
    • The "drop rate" and reward prices was refreshing to see. Eggs aren't hard to come by with a luck suit so I won't mind planting thorns for a couple hours a week to get a couple extra pairs of earrings (versus if they were 100+ eggs I probably wouldn't bother).
    • Moving the Champ Spawn to Ilsh outside of the mint was very appreciated since it's better terrain and easy to access.
    • The Mutluks are right around where I'd expect for them not to be too OP but still be relevant. I think they make a great option.
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 92
    Exactly my thoughts.

Yes, I like this event very much. I can casually play when I see fit, don't need to farm/grind like a berserk and have the chance to earn my rewards I like. Yes, I got my pages/book with 5 points first. Yes, I'm sort of a fan boi. *laughs happily*

Thanks Developler's for this event, I really like it <3
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
    username said:
    I 100% agree. I really dislike the ToTs for a dozen reasons and the main ones being they are so grindy, repetitive and boring, although the top rewards are usually worth it. Yea the rewards from this aren't Demon Bone Armor tier but still a nice changeup.

Not to derail the thread but I feel like this is why people would enjoy the Account Bound system that has been proposed ad nauseum. Rewards could be even cheaper, easier to obtain, any template to participate, long lasting events, etc. to the point the items are essentially free to anyone that just logs in and plays the game. I would 100% always sacrifice being able to sell a few select items in order to save me hours/days of farming and allow them to be transferred.

I am kind of split minded on account bound.  If implemented correctly it would be great, if implemented like shard bound it would be train wreck.
     I transferred a couple of beds I swore I was not going to plant to Origin this morning............ I wasn't doing anything with castle roof anyway LOL