urgent need to adjust the rewards turn in from counterfeit eggs

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    During today's hour of egg play I got 48 eggs using 3 tamers and 30 thorns.  All 3 tamers had 1970 luck. Pets used were an untrained Frost Drake, an untrained CU, and a fully trained Hiryu capable of inflicting heavy damage on Krampus. I had to hold back the Hiryu long enough to let the other two pets get enough damage in.

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    edited April 2023
    Pawain said:
    @ Tyrath untrained Cu Sidhe takes 51 seconds to kill the bunny.

I did my test on ATL in the Yew Wheat field, its not fenced in so add time for bunny running and chasing :)

Cookie said:
    I've run the numbers for my personal situation, and if it goes how I think it is going to go - I think the Devs have got it spot on.

I started growing green thorns as soon as we knew about this, 2 months ago, I have 4 raised garden beds. I now have 860 thorns. In the 60 days of the event, at 16 days cycle, I will be able to complete 3 more harvests of 288 thorns, so a total of 1,724 green thorns.

My boys accounts, which are under 2 years old, I built tamers on them in the last few months, and I built luck suits for them in the last 2 months. Their tamers with a fully trained unscrolled blue beetle, and an untrained unscrolled nightmare, and mine on a fully scrolled and trained Cu have luck of 1600, 1500 and 3320 luck respectively using the Luck statues - so for our best results, we are limited to the 1 hour of Luck per day.

Today, we did our 1 Luck hour, 30 thorns, 1 Vorpal Bunny every 2 minutes = 60 eggs. 2 average per Vorpal, we split the damage 1/3 each of the 3 tamers.

Never got a 4 drop, got a couple of 3 drops, a couple of 1 drops, most were 2 egg drops each.
    I think the boys Luck is a little light, but tbh, I'm happy with this.

1724 thorns / 30 used per luck hour, = 58 days solid to do them - there are 60 days in the event.
    So, including today, 59 days, x 60 eggs (2 egg average) = 3,540 eggs.

3540 / 10 for hand-in ratio = 354 turn-in points / 25 points for Yukio's = a max potential of 14 pairs of Yukio Earrings for example.

And that is the calculation, using 1 hour, each day, for pretty much the whole event, gets an equivalent of 14 pairs of Yukio earrings, you can switch around of course, to get quiver, deco, spell book etc. I think that figure, for an average group of THREE players, is very reasonable, and will get the items we are after. (We will be sharing the approx 14 rewards between us)

I genuinely think, this post closes this argument. Not everyone has the thorns, the luck suits, the time, the characters to do this, the averages could be much lower for the whole population - some have a lot more.

I have 89 Raised beds and 20 Field Beds growing and harvesting on LS for 7848 thorns every cycle.   I have another 210 beds I decided that I am just to lazy to fill 3 more houses up with.  So just going off the 109 they don't make enough thorns to even make a dent in the demand. Before the next grow cycle is complete the existing thorns are going to pretty much be depleted.  The 7,000 I put on a vendor ranging from free to 65M for 1000 were gone within a hour.  I have my own personal stash that will keep me going through the entire event that I won't sell or give away. But you are right there is a finite number of thorns out there that does not come close to = the demand now.  I suspect the next big complaint will be that there are not enough thorns available to maintain mass farming activities.  I might be wrong but I don't think there are that many of us RAISED BED JUNKIES out there with 90-300+ raised beds to feed the demand.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,020
    Tyrath said:
    Cookie said:
    I've run the numbers for my personal situation, and if it goes how I think it is going to go - I think the Devs have got it spot on.

I started growing green thorns as soon as we knew about this, 2 months ago, I have 4 raised garden beds. I now have 860 thorns. In the 60 days of the event, at 16 days cycle, I will be able to complete 3 more harvests of 288 thorns, so a total of 1,724 green thorns.

My boys accounts, which are under 2 years old, I built tamers on them in the last few months, and I built luck suits for them in the last 2 months. Their tamers with a fully trained unscrolled blue beetle, and an untrained unscrolled nightmare, and mine on a fully scrolled and trained Cu have luck of 1600, 1500 and 3320 luck respectively using the Luck statues - so for our best results, we are limited to the 1 hour of Luck per day.

Today, we did our 1 Luck hour, 30 thorns, 1 Vorpal Bunny every 2 minutes = 60 eggs. 2 average per Vorpal, we split the damage 1/3 each of the 3 tamers.

Never got a 4 drop, got a couple of 3 drops, a couple of 1 drops, most were 2 egg drops each.
    I think the boys Luck is a little light, but tbh, I'm happy with this.

1724 thorns / 30 used per luck hour, = 58 days solid to do them - there are 60 days in the event.
    So, including today, 59 days, x 60 eggs (2 egg average) = 3,540 eggs.

3540 / 10 for hand-in ratio = 354 turn-in points / 25 points for Yukio's = a max potential of 14 pairs of Yukio Earrings for example.

And that is the calculation, using 1 hour, each day, for pretty much the whole event, gets an equivalent of 14 pairs of Yukio earrings, you can switch around of course, to get quiver, deco, spell book etc. I think that figure, for an average group of THREE players, is very reasonable, and will get the items we are after. (We will be sharing the approx 14 rewards between us)

I genuinely think, this post closes this argument. Not everyone has the thorns, the luck suits, the time, the characters to do this, the averages could be much lower for the whole population - some have a lot more.

I have 89 Raised beds and 20 Field Beds growing and harvesting on LS for 7848 thorns every cycle.   I have another 210 beds I decided that I am just to lazy to fill 3 more houses up with.  So just going off the 109 they don't make enough thorns to even make a dent in the demand. Before the next grow cycle is complete the existing thorns are going to pretty much be depleted.  The 7,000 I put on a vendor ranging from free to 65M for 1000 were gone within a hour.  I have my own personal stash that will keep me going through the entire event that I won't sell or give away. But you are right there is a finite number of thorns out there that does not come close to = the demand now.  I suspect the next big complaint will be that there are not enough thorns available to maintain mass farming activities.  I might be wrong but I don't think there are that many of us RAISED BED JUNKIES out there with 90-300+ raised beds to feed the demand.
    This is why we need a corresponding dungeon as well as high seas involvement 
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited April 2023
    Riner said:
    The idea of changing prices to make it better for a few players who stand to profit doesn't take into consideration the vast majority of players who don't have large stashes of green thorns or an abundance of time. Allowing for a greater amount of items to be gained from an event does nothing to hurt anyone but those who desire to profit from it.
    That has absolutely nothing to do with it and is not what the OP has said at all. You are making up counter arguments to a point which the OP has not argued. 

Items in previous ToTs had point differences because of power. Good items, like the Balron Bone Armor, cost a lot of points because it is very powerful BIS item. It was a tradeoff: do you want decent rewards for 50/100 points or save up for 150 for a Balron Bone Armor. 150 points, no matter how much of a "power gamer" you are, still took about a thousand kills which took quite a bit of time. The spellbook, as laid out by the OP, took 100 points when potions were not available and it was the top reward. It took plenty of time to obtain (for me it was a few hours at minimum).

These eggs you can get 120 in 10 minutes = 3 books. That is what's going on here. These items are far too powerful for how easy it is to obtain them especially compared to how difficult some were to obtain when they were previously released. If you can link me to a post where you complained that Balron Bone Armor should be 5 points because of your same awful logic then I will agree with you. But you can't because you didn't and you and your logic is inconsistent.

Just would like to point out: we wouldn't even need to have this discussion plus the point cost wouldn't matter if all the rewards were account bound. Instead, the cheaper the better for everyone. Someday the devs will wake up and realize why everyone is asking for them to be account bound and why this game needs to start moving towards that for certain rewards.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 365
    @username you're right you won't find a post with me complaining about the cost of items. Unlike some I don't sit around trying to find fault with things and then whine about how I dislike what the developers are doing. Frankly, I enjoy UO and think that with the exception of being able to focus on more content and correcting some bugs it's pretty damn good the way it is, or I wouldn't be stupid enough to play it. I understand that you feel cheated because now some might not work as hard to earn something you worked harder for, and of course you had the advantage of having it earlier. As for the rewards, other then a quiver or two and a few pairs of earrings I've already had everything I need. I simply don't see how it hurts you or the game to give others a chance to receive it, even if unlike some of us, they don't power game.

As for the motive I can only speculate of course, I simply see only two rational arguments for the desire to raise prices, The first, simply put is jealousy that someone might get something you feel you worked harder for, the other is greed, the desire to keep a higher value on the items so that they will bring a higher profit. Neither motive helps the game. Anyway, even if the whine is heard and acted on I'll be content regardless.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,085
    It is amazing how complicated this Thorn part of the event is to some players.

I see a lot of confused players on LS. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:

One person had 2 un-armored toons using bows another look to have 0 luck some listening when advice is given others not so much 
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    Riner said:
    Unlike some I don't sit around trying to find fault with things
    Yet here you are.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,168
    Pawain said:

I was a bit surprised by this as well with people asking questions in GenChat or at the bank about how to get eggs. After the third person asked, I directed them to UO.com / uo-cah / UO Forums to get up to speed.

IMO - The stuff from UO.com should be going on the town cryers as well. It shouldn't take much extra effort to have them spout something like "farmers have found some weird rabbits that carry counterfit eggs when thorns are planted in their gardens"... or something like that. It would help keep people informed that don't always go to the websites first.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 779
    Valeria said:
    I think the devs probably just think this time let's let anyone who wants to garden and fight bunnies get a few good items
    Valeria, I believe I owe you an apology for my earlier post directed at you when you made this statement. I mistook it as sarcasm. I think I was frustrated over how few players there were to get anything going in Ilshenar at the time. Not an excuse, just an explanation.

Again, my sincere apologies for not thoroughly reading your posts and for misunderstanding your meaning.

Lil
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Thorns have a limited supply, most players will not have endless numbers of thorns to plant 24/7.

3000+ luck suits aren’t falling from the sky, most players are lucky to have 1 per account.

Luck statue only lasts an hour.

10 eggs per spawn with a 30 minute respawn timer means 20 eggs per hour max.

I see enough limits here that I do not feel like it warrants raising the item points… the average player is still likely to have to invest some time to acquire enough eggs for several rewards.  Yes, there will be some power games who get 5000 eggs, but I see no reason to punish the average player for it.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,168
    Prices are marked as listed on UO website... let the whining begin.
    keven2002 said:
    Prices are marked as listed on UO website... let the whining begin.
    Perfect 
    Well it looks like the Devs have decided to let us have these items for a very low price.

It took me many hours and resources to make Luck Suits.
    I spent many hours on Vendor Search getting error messages.
    I made another Luck Suit in exchange for 2000 thorns.

I am glad the Devs are giving us a reward for our time.

Thanks for not being stingy once!

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    I'm amazed tbh, did not expect this, but it takes all the stress out of the event, which is nice, and quite a few guildmates are very relieved about this. :)
    edited April 2023
    One way to combat greed and Botters, make the items very low priced!

And make the majority of players happy at the same time!
     No complaints here, I am loading up on Yukios since they are not shard bound and can spend a few hours playing pretty much every shard and having a couple quivers, wings, and spellbooks scattered around for when I get a wild hair to play on off shards from the regulars.   Funniest comment I have seen today was "Selling Yukio Earrings 25M!! 150M Less than VS!!!"  I love it.
  • Tyrath said:
     No complaints here, I am loading up on Yukios since they are not shard bound and can 
    They show shard bound when you claim them
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 779
    Tyrath said:
     No complaints here, I am loading up on Yukios since they are not shard bound and can 
    Shard bound b%#2s.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 365
    Looks like everything but the eggs are shard bound.
  • MsScarlettMsScarlett Posts: 58
    edited April 2023
    The book is not shard bound. That is about it.
    Tyrath said:

Ahhh missed that, so will just move eggs around LOL
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 291
    The spellbook is also shardbound.
  • Oreogl said:
    yes, sorry I should clarify- the book is the pages and when put in a book does not show shard bound. 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    Pawain said:
    One way to combat greed and Botters, make the items very low priced!

And make the majority of players happy at the same time!
      yea, but that's the lazy way, it's also going to be a mostly short-term effect.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 291
    Oreogl said:
    yes, sorry I should clarify- the book is the pages and when put in a book does not show shard bound. 
    Ah my mistake you meant the lore book.  You’re right!
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 92
    As a 1-account player, I am very happy how this is working out, and no thank you very much, it is fine like the way it is. <3
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Atl eggs are going for 1 mil per.  Makes getting what you want easy and affordable, buy eggs take them home and get what you want.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,305
    GL eggs going for 7 mil per.  But expect price will go down in a week or so.