urgent need to adjust the rewards turn in from counterfeit eggs

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited April 2023
    I think it's going to be harder than people realise.

There are only so many green thorns, only a few players have a large stock, most dont have so many.

• RinerRiner Posts: 355
    The idea of changing prices to make it better for a few players who stand to profit doesn't take into consideration the vast majority of players who don't have large stashes of green thorns or an abundance of time. Allowing for a greater amount of items to be gained from an event does nothing to hurt anyone but those who desire to profit from it.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I play on 3-4 shards so I welcome a greater egg drop and cheaper rewards so that I can outfit my characters with the shard bound gear. Unlike many, I do not sell the eggs/rewards but actually use them so I could care less if the market price drops.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Valeria said:
    I think the devs probably just think this time let's let anyone who wants to garden and fight bunnies get a few good items
    That's so not fair. There are such small groups of people on, you have to beg for others to come help fight the boss in Ilshenar. Having multiple methods of play for these events makes sense and would be a lot more fun. We don't have enough diversity in how we play characters now. We need more not less.

Pawain said:
    I feel the eggs should not be shard bound because in order to get them, you need shard bound items.  Most of us do not have the mask and other luck items on other shards we would like to play.
    Shard bound! Bah! Hate it, hate it, hate it. It makes my teeth ache. Throttle whoever thought of and asked for it! It is awful. It is a pain in the butt. It is a carbuncle on the ass of UO. It gets in the way of spontaneous fun. I loathe it. It displeases, immensely. I just don't like shard bound stuff one bit.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Sounds Great..... Except.... I see very few folks running this level of luck. Most of the people I see are running 1500-2200 range.  OMG Wouldn't just be horrid if the average.  I Also only see handful of people running multiple clients.  Cough I would be one of them....  Totally agree with Pawain building this suit was not cheap and I am still missing a few points of luck on it.  Building 10 of these suits was REALLY NOT Cheap.  So because I took the time, trouble and expense to build top tier suits specific to this event, Yes I should get more eggs and by virtue of turning them in greater rewards. 

I have ZERO problem with people running 1-3 accts with less than optimal luck being able to play casually and obtain some nice rewards.  Which I think might be a lot of the complainers malfunction with the rewards.  OMG the Quiver won't be worth 175m, The Spellbook won't pay my electric bill! Its Horrible the Yukio Earrings will be devalued, and my income stream will be hurt!!! NICE TO SEE A EVENT that does not cater to the top tier players that yields good rewards to newer and average players that PLAY UO instead of LIVING UO 23/7.

I just finished a hour playing around on Atlantic with a 2000 luck suit and one character. I don't think the newer and average player are going to be breaking the game with eggs and rewards.

One of the bigger problems UO has in attracting and keeping new players is the event content generally is not doable without EXPENSIVE high end gear.  From my perspective it is not worth sticking a thorn in the ground without at least 2500 luck and getting 2-3 eggs every rabbit with a rabbit always spawned....... I am not average...... So because I can do it the new and average players should be punished, so that I can capitalize on the event and sell my rewards for insane prices...... Right? 

I see this and hopefully future events that offer obtainable good rewards for the average player as a way of partially fixing the over inflated economy by making things more common and less expensive. AS for the BOTs and Multi Boxers sure they can farm massive amounts of eggs and get massive amounts of rewards....... Does not mean much if the rewards are obtainable to the average player with a reasonable amount of effort and not having to no life grind for event items, doing content they can't or can barely do. And then end up supporting the gold sellers because getting the plats together via game play is something else reserved for the top tier players.

Anyway one event per year that lets EVERYONE put some effort in and collect some nice rewards only helps the game, even if it hurts a few profiteers.  BUT BUT IT WILL GET BORING!!!! So if you get bored with it DO SOMETHING ELSE. Its not like UO Does not have a massive amount of other content.  I won't get bored with it and a whole lot of other folks that are not squeaky wheels, will not get bored with it either.  But I only PLAY the game a hour or two per day and don't LIVE the game no life grinding day in and day out.  Hey if No Life Grinding is your thing, more power to you, you are still going to get more than most others will. You just won't be able to sell it for more plats and might have to get a actual job to make up the difference in the electric bill.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    creampie said:
    If the bunny takes less than a minute to kill, this will be easy pickins on drops. I'm used to 10 - 12 drops per hour.
    If I can get a field alone, it will be 60+ drops per hour with crazy low prices for rewards.

My Bard/Tamer running Inspire with 5 Wolf Spiders can drop the Vorpal Rabbit within 5-10 secs solo...

Why would you use these on the bunnies. They have 0 resist. An untrained pet of any type can kill them in 5 to 10 seconds.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited April 2023
    Whitewolf said:
    ahh the joys of being a Dev, no matter what ya do someone will whine and complain, i for one like it, they tryin to make it so cheaters aka multiboxers cant get rich off of this event, getting rich isnt what this event or UO is about but so many seem to think that it is.
    To my humble opinion, the problem is that BOTTters and Scripters "adjust" to pretty much any Design mechanics the Developers might conceive in order to try make it more difficult for scripters to take advantage of game mechanics...

The technological level of scripts is so high, that knowledged players can write quite complex scripts that can deal with Design mechanics changes...

What I am trying to say is, that the issue should be addressed, to my humble opinion, in a totally different way and approach....

Rather then changing in-game mechanics to which players scripting sooner or later adjust with writing more complex scripts that can handle them (with the possible result that the Design change ends up definitely affecting regular, ordinary players, but not much those players who script and BOT), personally, I think that the problem with scripting should be addressed by using anti-cheat software that is capable to detect utilities that make the use of cheats and scripts in that game possible and, if against that game's TOS, when such cheats and scripts usage detection is done by the anti-cheat software, then the anti-cheat software would block the player be able to play that game.

Want to play that game ? Don't run those applications which make it possible to run those scripts and cheats. Want to run those applications which make it possible to use of those cheats and scripts ? Well, then, sorry, but then it should not be possible to play that game which does not authorize the use of those cheats and scripts.

At least, that is my opinion.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited April 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    firec said:
    So... I'm a returning player, and I would like to do this event. I just don't understand how people are getting 200 eggs an hour. I did the Ilsh spawn for about 2 hours (I usually only get about 45 minutes to an hour to play a day) and ended up with a single egg.

Is there something I am missing? Or a better location I should be doing this?
    Use green Thorns in a field to spawn special vorpal bunnies that drop eggs you need luck lots of luck 
    Some players knowledged about running scripts, I seem to understand, are running multiple accounts, scripted, to bypass the downtime timer, to spawn the Vorpal Bunnies which they then have their high Luck character account kill to gather all of the eggs whose spawn is highly dependant on the Luck worn.

For example, a player running 9 accounts scripted, and 1 manually operated, has all 10 accounts spawn bunnies, then uses the high luck worn character to kill all bunnies and gathers the likely spawned 10 eggs in a very short time.

Rinse and repeat with another 10 accounts while the previous 10 do their down timer....

What is unclear to me, is whether these 10 accounts must all be subscribed, or they can also be EJ accounts...

I am NOT saying to get the egg to spawn, I am saying to "spawn" the bunny which will then carry the egg upon getting killed....

If an EJ account plants a Thorn, a bunny is born, if then a subscribed account kills that bunny, regardless of the fact that the bunny was spawned by an EJ account, will its kill by a subscribed account's character still make the egg spawn ?

This, I have not clear yet and had no time to test it as I have yet to be able to participate to this new Event due to real life issues.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,903
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    firec said:
    So... I'm a returning player, and I would like to do this event. I just don't understand how people are getting 200 eggs an hour. I did the Ilsh spawn for about 2 hours (I usually only get about 45 minutes to an hour to play a day) and ended up with a single egg.

Use green Thorns in a field to spawn special vorpal bunnies that drop eggs you need luck lots of luck 
    Some players knowledged about running scripts, I seem to understand, are running multiple accounts, scripted, to bypass the downtime timer, to spawn the Vorpal Bunnies which they then have their high Luck character account kill to gather all of the eggs whose spawn is highly dependant on the Luck worn.

For example, a player running 9 accounts scripted, and 1 manually operated, has all 10 accounts spawn bunnies, then uses the high luck worn character to kill all bunnies and gathers the likely spawned 10 eggs in a very short time.

Rinse and repeat with another 10 accounts while the previous 10 do their down timer....

What is unclear to me, is whether these 10 accounts must all be subscribed, or they can also be EJ accounts...

I am NOT saying to get the egg to spawn, I am saying to "spawn" the bunny which will then carry the egg upon getting killed....

If an EJ account plants a Thorn, a bunny is born, if then a subscribed account kills that bunny, regardless of the fact that the bunny was spawned by an EJ account, will its kill by a subscribed account's character still make the egg spawn ?

This, I have not clear yet and had no time to test it as I have yet to be able to participate to this new Event due to real life issues.
    You could have collected 10 eggs in the time you wrote these 2 long replies 
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 74
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    firec said:

yes if 100 person ej or not plant a seed in the farm there will be 100 bunny spawning having a change at 3 eggs per top attacker and one on the corpse so let s say 200-300 eggs will be awarded in 1-2 minutes so people should make big group carnage....
    creampie said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    firec said:

yes if 100 person ej or not plant a seed in the farm there will be 100 bunny spawning having a change at 3 eggs per top attacker and one on the corpse so let s say 200-300 eggs will be awarded in 1-2 minutes so people should make big group carnage....
    And yes believe raising the price stops this how?
    Grimbeard said:
    creampie said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    firec said:

Exactly! The more difficult that something is made to be and the more expensive.. the more bots and boxers come out of the woodwork to do it.  Low turn in prices take incentive out of it because there is no plat or dollar value in doing it.
    Tyrath said:
    Grimbeard said:
    creampie said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    firec said:

Exactly! The more difficult that something is made to be and the more expensive.. the more bots and boxers come out of the woodwork to do it.  Low turn in prices take incentive out of it because there is no plat or dollar value in doing it.
    Exactly i think the person protesting must have something to lose
    edited April 2023
    First, the vorpal bunnies are limited by the number of thorns so having them spawn faster or slower really only works until you run out of thorns. Secondly, having 1 character kill all the bunnies means you can get 1 maybe 2 eggs if a rare one spawns on the corpse, with 3 people up to 4, more then 3 people killing a bunny means the extra people are a waste. Each bunny will spawn up to 3 eggs based on the 3 highest damaging toons. If they loose their luck roll then fewer eggs are spawned. It doesn't go down to the next highest damager.Finally, with 3 toons killing the bunnies you have about a 30 second overlap where you can't spawn anything, if you spawn, kill, spawn. So really why would you take 10 people? Your not going to profit by having more chances at eggs and you're still going to run out of thorns.

• JibbedJibbed Posts: 2
    Speaking as a player from a smaller pop server: don’t change the drop rate or the cost.  At this stage I will be lucky to get a single item before the event ends. 

Someone farms the spawn and then leaves it so no one else can get eggs without doing a full champ cycle to reset it.  Took hours to find enough help to kill the boss last time I reset it, just to run out of playtime waiting on the champ restart timer and get 0 eggs.  Some of the lower pop shards the champ spawn is basically now no chance of eggs

for the bunnies, no green thorns available on my server, so my only options now is to either spend the entire event time on gardening to try to successfully cross breed seeds to get the right plant type and color to grown some thorns myself, or spend real money tobuy server transfer tokens to go to Atlantic to buy thorns there which have been jacked up to 100k per last I checked.

now even if I was willing to spend real money to shard hop to buy the thorns, at the jacked up prices they are selling for it’s just not worth it since I only returned a few months back and spending a few mill is quite a hit to the bank.  People need to remember, these events are great for returning players but not all returning players have access to shard shields or have multiple plat in the bank to spend retarded amounts for items to be able to take part in events.

so for those upset they aren’t going to be able to make big profits off this event at the cost of screwing over returning or newer players, tough shit
    creampie said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    firec said:

Just for the record your knowledge on the event is also lacking or purposely misinterpreted. No matter how many bunnies are spawned the highest damaging people can only get 1 per kill with the possibility (rarely) 1 on the corpse. So if you somehow managed to spawn that many bunnies, your egg count is wrong. Plus, regardless what's claimed it takes closer to 45 seconds each so around 90 minutes of killing.
  • ValeriaValeria Posts: 97
    Jibbed said:
    Speaking as a player from a smaller pop server: don’t change the drop rate or the cost.  At this stage I will be lucky to get a single item before the event ends. 

Someone farms the spawn and then leaves it so no one else can get eggs without doing a full champ cycle to reset it.  Took hours to find enough help to kill the boss last time I reset it, just to run out of playtime waiting on the champ restart timer and get 0 eggs.  Some of the lower pop shards the champ spawn is basically now no chance of eggs

for the bunnies, no green thorns available on my server, so my only options now is to either spend the entire event time on gardening to try to successfully cross breed seeds to get the right plant type and color to grown some thorns myself, or spend real money tobuy server transfer tokens to go to Atlantic to buy thorns there which have been jacked up to 100k per last I checked.

now even if I was willing to spend real money to shard hop to buy the thorns, at the jacked up prices they are selling for it’s just not worth it since I only returned a few months back and spending a few mill is quite a hit to the bank.  People need to remember, these events are great for returning players but not all returning players have access to shard shields or have multiple plat in the bank to spend retarded amounts for items to be able to take part in events.

so for those upset they aren’t going to be able to make big profits off this event at the cost of screwing over returning or newer players, tough shit
    If anyone wants to learn gardening on Legends I'll give you tons of bright green seeds to grow more thorns. 
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 74
    Riner said:
    creampie said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    firec said:

Just for the record your knowledge on the event is also lacking or purposely misinterpreted. No matter how many bunnies are spawned the highest damaging people can only get 1 per kill with the possibility (rarely) 1 on the corpse. So if you somehow managed to spawn that many bunnies, your egg count is wrong. Plus, regardless what's claimed it takes closer to 45 seconds each so around 90 minutes of killing.

if you arent smart enought to understand and do it, it s your problem do what you want and play the way you want. i dont spent hours getting my eggs...some say how to do it you dont want to do it fine.
  • JibbedJibbed Posts: 2
    Thanks for the offer Valeria, unfortunately I’m on Oceania 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I for one welcome the low prices.  I got serious burn out last year playing for 8+ hours a day collecting eggs to get the items I wanted.  If the prices do stay this low I will be able to play for an hour a day doing the eggs, spend another hour doing t-maps, then go out side and enjoy life.
    Less than 10 seconds to kill a bunny with a untrained pet.  Well that is a straight up lie.  Just killed 20 with a untrained pet and the average time to kill was 84 seconds........ With a fresh popped totally untrained pet.

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "maybe the rewards will be counterfeit,
    and have some negative attributes"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MsScarlettMsScarlett Posts: 58
    edited April 2023
    Why would someone ask for rewards to be harder to obtain for some? I get it- it is so easy for you to get this many eggs doing it for this amount of time. Great, but why would you care that those who struggle or who have less luck get rewards for lower egg amounts? So many times the rewards are for such a high amount that many casual players or even smaller shards rarely obtain them. So now they try to even it out and people don't like it? So many shards are a struggle to start out on. People either hoard items or ship them out to Atl. The only reason I can see that someone would scream raise the points needed is that person wants to be able to grab as many as they can and charge an arm and a leg to those that were unlucky or busy in life to get them. I also saw that someone was upset that they paid x amount for an item and this just devalues it.. welcome to life. I bought a tv 2 months ago full price-today it is half price. 
    Tyrath said:
    Less than 10 seconds to kill a bunny with a untrained pet.  Well that is a straight up lie.  Just killed 20 with a untrained pet and the average time to kill was 84 seconds........ With a fresh popped totally untrained pet.

Ok, I did not try it.  Mine are killing them so quick that hitting a wrong key does not let the other guy do it sometimes,  I am good at hitting wrong/multiple keys. I would have thought that an untrained Cu would kill them pretty quick.  I guess a Cu has more base damage than the Triton.

So, a medium trained pet may kill them in 10 seconds.  Thanks for testing.

I just think using 5 wolf spiders is a bit overkill. That's all.
    Why would someone ask for rewards to be harder to obtain for some? I get it- it is so easy for you to get this many eggs doing it for this amount of time. Great, but why would you care that those who struggle or who have less luck get rewards for lower egg amounts? So many times the rewards are for such a high amount that many casual players or even smaller shards rarely obtain them. So now they try to even it out and people don't like it? So many shards are a struggle to start out on. People either hoard items or ship them out to Atl. The only reason I can see that someone would scream raise the points needed is that person wants to be able to grab as many as they can and charge an arm and a leg to those that were unlucky or busy in life to get them. I also saw that someone was upset that they paid x amount for an item and this just devalues it.. welcome to life. I bought a tv 2 months ago full price-today it is half price. 
    Exactly, if you are offended by low prices then boycott the event instead of making it harder for other players. 
    If they stay this low, this would be the first time I would buy one of the 50% books from these events.
    I'd have to agree with others that it is highly suspicious that @creampie wants the prices raised. I'm sure if it was explored it's be obvious that the motive is to have a better market. Clearly regardless of the motivation very few would benefit from higher costs or lower drops and more would be disgruntled.
    edited April 2023
    Riner said:
    I'd have to agree with others that it is highly suspicious that @ creampie wants the prices raised. I'm sure if it was explored it's be obvious that the motive is to have a better market. Clearly regardless of the motivation very few would benefit from higher costs or lower drops and more would be disgruntled.
    His sense of urgent panic gives that away. Alterier motive at work.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    its a slap in the face to anyone who did the original content, but thats UO.  its always been like that.  blackthorns dungeon hands out basically free artifacts when it took days / weeks to get the original.   stuff is re-released.  server births become worthless overnight from the same graphic being newly released.  it sucks, but its just how UO is.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited April 2023
    I've run the numbers for my personal situation, and if it goes how I think it is going to go - I think the Devs have got it spot on.

I started growing green thorns as soon as we knew about this, 2 months ago, I have 4 raised garden beds. I now have 860 thorns. In the 60 days of the event, at 16 days cycle, I will be able to complete 3 more harvests of 288 thorns, so a total of 1,724 green thorns.

My boys accounts, which are under 2 years old, I built tamers on them in the last few months, and I built luck suits for them in the last 2 months. Their tamers with a fully trained unscrolled blue beetle, and an untrained unscrolled nightmare, and mine on a fully scrolled and trained Cu have luck of 1600, 1500 and 3320 luck respectively using the Luck statues - so for our best results, we are limited to the 1 hour of Luck per day.

Today, we did our 1 Luck hour, 30 thorns, 1 Vorpal Bunny every 2 minutes = 60 eggs. 2 average per Vorpal, we split the damage 1/3 each of the 3 tamers.

Never got a 4 drop, got a couple of 3 drops, a couple of 1 drops, most were 2 egg drops each.
    I think the boys Luck is a little light, but tbh, I'm happy with this.

1724 thorns / 30 used per luck hour, = 58 days solid to do them - there are 60 days in the event.
    So, including today, 59 days, x 60 eggs (2 egg average) = 3,540 eggs.

3540 / 10 for hand-in ratio = 354 turn-in points / 25 points for Yukio's = a max potential of 14 pairs of Yukio Earrings for example.

And that is the calculation, using 1 hour, each day, for pretty much the whole event, gets an equivalent of 14 pairs of Yukio earrings, you can switch around of course, to get quiver, deco, spell book etc. I think that figure, for an average group of THREE players, is very reasonable, and will get the items we are after. (We will be sharing the approx 14 rewards between us)

I genuinely think, this post closes this argument. Not everyone has the thorns, the luck suits, the time, the characters to do this, the averages could be much lower for the whole population - some have a lot more.

@Tyrath untrained Cu Sidhe takes 51 seconds to kill the bunny.
This discussion has been closed.