Magery Pets Buffed

So, it appears that something recently has changed with the behavior of base Magery pets. When a Magery pet is ordered to attack something and kills it, and then returns to you on it's own (without having to be ordered to Follow), the Magery pet will frequently cast buff spells like Bless/Strength/Agility/Cunning on itself even while out of combat, keeping itself self buffed. Magery Mastery and Necromage pets do not exhibit this behavior (maybe due to them stupidly casting Bless on their opponent rather than themself). However, this behavior does seem to consistently drain Mana from the pet over time, like it's stuck in combat trying to cast or something.

For a Tamer without Eval skill (like my Disco/Tamer), this is actually a pretty good buff for base Magery pets (like my Shadow Wyrm, who i've been using to crush Vorpal Rabbits with his 1,100+ STR while Blessed). I'd like to see this consistent self-buffing behavior extended to Magery Mastery/Necromage pets, and the many bugs with those abilities fixed.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “This reportedly happened when they switched reaper spellcasting back on”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited April 2023
    Wonder if this AI has anything to do with how spellweaving pixies are acting erratically atm. Right now pixies that are ordered to attack someone, will pursue the target and re-aggro that person even if they invis themselves multiple screens away from the spellweaver. They even cast through houses and buildings while in pursuit.

A common way of dealing with pixies other than killing them is simply to lure them a couple screens away and around a house, invis and ditch them there. But now even if you manage to get an invis off around a building through their spells, they will either just stand in place until you break invisibility then instantly re-aggro you, or return back to the spellweaver who is multiple screens away.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2023
    "yes i think timeline is similar, issue with pixies already reported

apologies for the length of the thread, people who don't PvP have commented on what is essentially a PvP thread, business as usual for this forum"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.