Amount of Counterfeit Eggs at the spawn.

Players are saying that only 10 drop per spawn.  Is that intended? @Kyronix

Usually there are 20+ participation drops.
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,121Dev
    Yes - this is intended.  There are other ways to acquire the eggs.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,257
    Kyronix said:
    Yes - this is intended.  There are other ways to acquire the eggs.
    Ok, I'll take your word for it, and hold fire lol. 

"other ways"?

Green Thorns being one - there are others ? :)
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
    10 seems rather low...and considering only the top 3 damagers on the rabbits get eggs...with a slight possibility of everyone else MAYBE getting an egg.....(unless this is changing, which I hope it is??)

Unless there is going to be yet ANOTHER way to get eggs....*crossing fingers*  the cost per items better be low lol.

You know how this goes....3 days after the spawn goes live, people get tired of it and won't do it...people do lvl 1...MAYBE lvl 2 to get the eggs and then the spawn gets abandoned until server up the next day...

Vorpal Bunny spots are going to be PACKED, madness ensues and complaints abound on the forums ;)

Will hold further comments until it officially goes live and more information is given, but as it stands right now, no bueno :(

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    Thanks.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,002
    Is there going to be a treasure if dungeon this time?? Any hints on location if so ?
    Grimbeard said:
    Is there going to be a treasure of dungeon this time?? Any hints on location if so ?

Counterfeit Commodities

Something isn’t quite right this Spring…collectors across the realm have reeled at the fact counterfeit curiously adorned eggs have hit the market!  While the source of these fakes has yet to be determined, there is a concerted effort to rid the world of these erroneous eggs!

• Green thorns planted in fields during the months of April & May will spawn a miniaturized version of the Alchemist’s Abomination!
    • Each of the top 3 contributors have a chance to acquire a Counterfeit Egg, with luck assisting that chance
    • There is also a chance an extra egg can be found on the corpse of the rabbit
    • Counterfeit Eggs can be turned into the Counterfeit Commodities Trader at the Britain Commons for rewards

No mention of a dungeon so I am going to say...no.

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 796
    @Kyronix, please consider reducing the cooldown timer between spawns from 30 minutes to say 5-10 minutes?  The spawn is being run end-end in 5-10 minutes on several shards.  Thank you..
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,121Dev
    Not something we can do at this time, that cooldown time is a wonderful opportunity to chat with your mates, re-supply, and plant some green thorns to get some bunnies (coming tomorrow!)
    edited March 2023
    Thanks!

Yay the Plinth!  And the serpent skin quiver.
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 290
    Good to know you are making the items i paid a ton for worthless now.  thanks.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,300

Oreogl usually the price on items you paid a ton for does not change much during these events.  Have not done this one yet so won’t say anything else. Did not know it had started.
    Arnold7 said:

Oreogl usually the price on items you paid a ton for does not change much during these events.  Have not done this one yet so won’t say anything else. Did not know it had started.
    Example I paid 175m for a wand of warding. It’s now 10 eggs.  Same thing for lantern of protection.  Same thing for quiver although it’s 20 eggs.  I did the spawn for a few hours.  I can already get a couple of these things.  

The odds of the prices remaining what I paid for them are next to nil.  I’m debating on cancelling my accounts and playing for free.

edited March 2023
    Oreogl said:
    Arnold7 said:

Example I paid 175m for a wand of warding. It’s now 10 eggs.  Same thing for lantern of protection.  Same thing for quiver although it’s 20 eggs.  I did the spawn for a few hours.  I can already get a couple of these things.  

The odds of the prices remaining what I paid for them are next to nil.  I’m debating on cancelling my accounts and playing for free.

Sounds like you overpaid for all those items.

The wand and lantern were 10 drops originally.  Probably not many people picked them, hence availability may be lower than other items.

The quiver was available in bountiful supply on most shards, given the event got started off on an interesting foot (tons of spawn in a small area).

Glad to see the yukio earrings.

If anything, more prior items could be added.  "Katakotl ring" would be one.

• so are there going to be  new colors on the hedges or butterflies?  i mean with all the graphics in game yall couldnt have done anything even remotely creative with rewards? i mean there are tons of unused flower graphics, nothing says spring like spring peepers could have made a little bullfrog statue that peeps, could have done some leaves scattered on the ground graphic, could have done rabbit statues, i can keep on going all day. to me paying for this stuff u guys recycle every couple months is getting old. i dont mind the reoccurring dungeons, or even the eggs ....but the more u reuse these same rewards the more worthless you make them.....and we pay for these items with our time, why should we invest time in getting an item that will be as common as stealable artifacts in a week?  i know yall are all invested in that shard youve been working on for the last 2 ..or 3 years..... but you would think keeping your player base happy would still be a priority but it seems more and more u guys just wanna smack that easy button then go back to ignoring your players for months on end. 
    Oreogl said:
    Arnold7 said:

Sounds like you overpaid for all those items.

The wand and lantern were 10 drops originally.  Probably not many people picked them, hence availability may be lower than other items.

The quiver was available in bountiful supply on most shards, given the event got started off on an interesting foot (tons of spawn in a small area).

Glad to see the yukio earrings.

If anything, more prior items could be added.  "Katakotl ring" would be one.

I doubt these were overpaid considering availability on GL.  I bought the lantern a while back but the wand was recently.  Even I had paid half of the cost, the price is still going to be significantly lower.

In the end, the event is two months.  The spawn is a huge flop.

Guess I’ll see how the rest goes tomorrow.

edited March 2023
    There are already new egg colors so I would assume new butterfly, hedge and parrot colors as well.

I am happy for the hedges actually, I have like over 300 and it's just never enough!

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    Oreogl said:
    Arnold7 said:

When comparing prices you have to take into account the availability of the 'currency'. We already know that the number of drops from participation in the champ spawn is half what it has been in previous events. The prices of the rewards reflect this.
    Mariah said:
    Oreogl said:
    Arnold7 said:

When comparing prices you have to take into account the availability of the 'currency'. We already know that the number of drops from participation in the champ spawn is half what it has been in previous events. The prices of the rewards reflect this.
    Cool, you wanna buy a wand of warding on Great Lakes for 175m?
    The wand and lantern were 10 drops at the introductory event.
    That's 10-30m gold, assuming a range of 1m-3m per drop (depending on shard).

Whoever sold them for 175m made out like a bandit.  Don't feel bad, it happens :)

Whoever sold them for 175m made out like a bandit.  Don't feel bad, it happens :)
    I checked a few shards before buying they were all about the same.

I don’t know how long ago that event was but it must have been long enough to make the items scarce.  

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    Oreogl said:
    Mariah said:
    Oreogl said:
    Arnold7 said:

Sorry I don't buy any of these items. I play the content to get them.
    Mariah said:
    Oreogl said:
    Mariah said:
    Oreogl said:
    Arnold7 said:

Sorry I don't buy any of these items. I play the content to get them.
    Don’t worry, I expected no other answer.
    Do your research.

uo-cah.com has all the past events and reward choices.

The shield orb works just as well as the lantern, too.
    Do your research.

uo-cah.com has all the past events and reward choices.

The shield orb works just as well as the lantern, too.
    The shield orb is craftable, what’s your point?

do me a favor and check to see what the prices are and if you can find a lantern or wand, and see how much.

edited March 2023
    The lantern and wand are transmog targets, as can be the shield orb.

The cost basis of the lantern and wand were no more than 30m gold, effectively.  Even less if you consider the price of drops tapers off near the end of the event.  It was your choice to pay 175m.  That's the going price of many 10+ year veteran reward picks.

Like Larisa, I collected my own during the events.  I would not have paid over the cost basis gold amount in this case, either.  Vendor search is not the only way to buy items, and the price listed there is not definitive.
    edited March 2023
    That has zero to do with what I’m talking about.

youre making up numbers perhaps based
    on when they first came out. Because they’re transmogrified items, supply clearly went down sending the price up.

the fact you’re trying to negate the discussion because you think I overpaid, doesn’t even matter.  It’s simple supply economics.  

There are now going to be more and they’re easy to get.  I could have paid 5, 10, or 30 million. They will not be worth whatever price they’re valued at now any time soon, if at all.

edited March 2023
    Oreogl said:

I checked a few shards before buying they were all about the same.

I don’t know how long ago that event was but it must have been long enough to make the items scarce.  

I blame shard bound for this.  @popps should buy them for 175M from you.

There was enough good stuff in Wildfire for players only to buy what they needed in those.

No reason for posters to be jumping you..

These new Yukio's will be shard bound.
    You valued the wand/lantern on par with a house teleporter tile set, when you paid 175m.

the value of the lantern/wand goes down once you transmog onto it (one time operation).  That's like when you drive a new car off a car lot.  The house teleporter tile set doesn't depreciate like that.  One of those items is not worth 175m.

Just do more research next time.   
    Boy he'd be really angry if stuff was added to black market