Are there any new sources for power scroll books?

Are there any new sources for power scroll books?  If not should they be added to the list of things that are craftable with the Inscription skill?

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    They can be gotten from a 20th anniversary token. There are still tons of books and those tokens floating around.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     Should add the Pink, Blue and Recipe Books to the list.  All 4 are near impossible to obtain on some shards.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    Tyrath said:
     Should add the Pink, Blue and Recipe Books to the list.  All 4 are near impossible to obtain on some shards.
    I think there are tons of tokens lying around in peoples banks etc
    I'm sitting on way more than I could ever use I think.
    Pink and Blue can be gotten from the 20th tokens too. The recipe book is a Christmas token - can't remember year off the top of my head. 
     And none of that changes the fact that they are extremely hard if not near impossible to get on some shards.
    Tyrath said:
     And none of that changes the fact that they are extremely hard if not near impossible to get on some shards.
    True, but luckily, we have cross shard trading.

Or do we. :)
    Cookie said:
    Tyrath said:
    True, but luckily, we have cross shard trading.

Or do we. :)

Those of us that have shard shields do, but a whole lot of folks don't. And that is questionable with so much shard bound stuffs now days.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    I agree with Tim on this. Not everyone has a ton of accounts with a gazillion characters that were active at that time. It's a good addition to the list of books that our scribes can craft.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Tyrath said:
    I can  give you books on LS. I have a bunch of power scroll ones.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Tyrath said:
    I can  give you books on LS. I have a bunch of power scroll ones.

Thanks I have plenty on LS and on most shards I have infested over the years.  I am thinking more of the newer folks I have seen on some shards that have problems finding them.  I just don't see a reason to not make all 4 craftable like they did with the Runic Atlas.
    I doubt this will be high on their list to add since they can still gotten thru tokens. Until they finish with New Legacy, most stuff will be on the back burner. I just wanted the new people to know that there are ways to still get them. If VS has no books, look for the tokens.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Personally I think it would be better to add them as a low point (1000-5000) clean up reward instead of a craftable.
    edited March 2023
    Merus said:
    Personally I think it would be better to add them as a low point (1000-5000) clean up reward instead of a craftable.
    Or an Inscription BoD reward - that is where they truely belong I believe.

As someone who does do Inscription BoDs.
    BOD reward would be a good place since the current inscription rewards are awful.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    Like others have said both the tokens and books can be almost impossible to find on some shards, and for those without shard shields, it's $20 for the token,plus getting the gold to purchase the items where they are sold. Really should have a new source for these, I like the idea of these being a recipe to be crafted. Perhaps the recipe could be a BoD reward, but either way I would be happy to grind out more BoDs to get these. 
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    I was curious to check out how difficult it would be to acquire any of these books, on Great Lakes I found that none of the Anniversary tokens could be found on VS, but 2 power scroll books (300k) and 2 Transcendence books(4M) could be purchased. If one traveled to Atlantic, yes there was around a dozen or so of each token starting around 4M but the power scroll books could be purchased for 400k and transcendence books a bit more.Great Lakes isn't as populated as Atlantic, but still has a respectable population size, and still the books are rare to acquire. I really do think we need a new source for these before all the sources are gone.
    Craftable via a BOD reward recipe is the best idea IMO but instead of holding 300 scrolls limit the crafted books to 100 scrolls.  Like the old ones but not like the old ones.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited April 2023
    Prices on the pink, transcendence?, books are absurdly high on my shard.  All you can do is check vendor search, when it is working, every time you log in for the books and the tokens.  That’s what I did early on when I did not have the gold to pay what others where asking.  Over time I got what I needed for a more reasonable price.  I did get one of the blue books from an idoc once.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Just a note a lot of things are harder to find on Great Lakes than a few years ago.  Don’t know if that means fewer players or what.  But have noticed in some areas, like for example recipes and special hard to get in game items, there is just not that much for sale anymore.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,897
    Arnold7 said:
    Just a note a lot of things are harder to find on Great Lakes than a few years ago.  Don’t know if that means fewer players or what.  But have noticed in some areas, like for example recipes and special hard to get in game items, there is just not that much for sale anymore.
    I play a few small shards i think that with 90% of the permanent residents having all they need there's not much on vendors but calling out in general chat will usually find you what you need
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Tyrath said:
    Craftable via a BOD reward recipe is the best idea IMO but instead of holding 300 scrolls limit the crafted books to 100 scrolls.  Like the old ones but not like the old ones.
    OUTSTANDING idea @Kyronix @Bleak @Misk @Mesanna @Mesanna1