Splintering

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited March 2023 in Bugs
"Bug/feature request
A glass shard breaks off from the weapon, striking the victim to cause a bleed effect and forcing walking

Forced walking should also temporarily disable the fast rotation option that people are using, as currently people without fast rotation still cannot catch up to people who are turning with fast rotation even while splinterered.

Example, my friend here volunteered to show, he can still turn right then left while splintered at faster than players with no fast rotation options who is not splintered, no frames have been skipped and no lag in this vid, slowed down to 25%."

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 793
    From my POV, this is a bit cryptic.  Are you asking for one of these, or something else?

1. "Fast rotation" be a feature that is added to CC and/or EC?
    2. "Fast rotation" is something the UO server should detect, and automated warning/ban actions should be triggered to accounts using it?
    3. "Fast rotation" is something that should be detected by the UO server, and it should trigger delays or something else?
    I don't even know what "fast rotation" is, maybe the UO developers are in the same camp.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2023
    "hmm,
    I am not sure on the technicalities on how it works, but from what i know, on EC when you turn a step is skipped so you can effectively jump a tile, (and this turn skipping can apparently be switched on/off in third party apps also). I am not really sure how it works, i can only record the effects of someone using it on live shard. I do not have more technical information available.

Not requesting fast rotation be added as a feature on CC
    not requesting ban/actions be taken of anyone using.

just requesting it gets disabled under splinter to actually enable force walk, instead of force skip

Basically, if someone is splintered and under force walk, I personally don't think should be able to still move faster than someone who is not splintered, just because they are using a different client that handles turning differently. Someone without fast rotation in this exampled scenario would've been subjected to a second and third swing, whereas here no swing as target not close enough.

Perhaps others may feel there is no imbalance and everything in vid looks fine"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    I do wonder if more people should be switching to EC, from CC, and then rally broadsword to provide a CC art pack for EC.  The only complaints against EC seem to be people don't like the graphics.

Your text description above may help the developers understand the issue more.  The video didn't really explain anything to me, as FYI.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited March 2023
    You're asking for an EC function to be disabled because:
    • You can't keep up with someone who pings 20 to a server you ping 200 to.
    • You chase the person after they get a small lead, instead of trying to lead them. Server/Client discrepancy is real and every dexer has known this for 20+ years now
    This also isn't just "fast turning" it's the CC's lack of adequate FPS and refreshing. What you want isn't some EC packet to be disabled, it's for the CC to actually receive any sort of meaningful update in relation to how it actually runs.

In lieu of that, I would suggest a memory patcher and an FPS patcher. One saves you on client crashes (plenty of memory patchers out there for older applications developed when a mb was considered a lot of space that will allow the application to access up to 2-4gb instead). And the other gives the CC it's long overdue FPS update.

Edit: The EC turn skip that you reference hasn't actually been adapted to any other third party client, which is why the EC is still the fastest client, as it has an actual legitimate speedhack written into it that the server recognizes and allows. The "Fast Rotation" option you're referencing is something completely different and no where near as on par with the EC nonsense. The closest any client has come to making use of that specific EC feature is with the old Japanese client, and we as players figured out how to counteract that pretty quickly.
    edited March 2023
    "i ping 78, with pingzapper which is running. I don't think a ping difference of 60 is an issue

The request is for temporary disable while under splinter, the debuff is supposed to be forced walk, so victim should be subjected to forced walk,

perhaps its user error as you say but i can't see how i'm supposed to follow these movements
    these are frames next to each other, (no frames skipped as you can see from my own movement), bearing in mind the target is under forced walk effect also (which cannot be remedied), and i am not under forced walk and am running.

(do not experience this effect vs people on CC) "

edited March 2023
    Can you switch to using EC?  If not, what would be your reasons?  (that may be helpful for the UO developers to know).

You've been commenting on why bugs aren't being fixed/etc.  One reason may be prioritization - that is, if an issue doesn't manifest in EC, perhaps it is a lower priority (vs other things, say that require a change on the UO server side).

edited March 2023
    "I did try it before and i do use it for crafting sometimes, but really can't stand the graphics, it's not a pleasant experience, if i wanted to play league of legends, I'll play league of legends, and just can't tell at all what is going on with all the animations splashing all over the place. Last time i used it also there was an issue with casting, where if you have a spell target set as cursor, the casting or cast recovery was slower, slower even than CC. But even if they did fix that i would not wish to switch due to the graphics.

I fully accept that non CC players can move faster than people on CC and adapt gameplay accordingly, but is a bit too extreme to move faster while splintered - in my opinion. But i am bias as I use CC"