Bushido mastery Anticipate Hit consuming mana

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited March 2023 in Bugs

"no mana upkeep listed on buff or wiki,
mastery is consuming 10 additional mana each successful reduction of confidence heal
this demo i casted confidence one time, and all mana drained,

This makes having bushido mastery active a major debuff instead of buff as you cannot use the confidence spell now.

expected result: 10 mana not consumed upon succesful reduction of confidence heal,
- (as original spell only takes 10 mana, and if you chose to - can recast the spell with no reduction in heal for 10 mana)

As far as i'm aware this affects all clients
"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2023
    "this mastery ofcourse does not take mana upkeep i already explained why and Misk did not get a chance to confirm in the other thread because Rorscharch closed. I cannot assist that you don't understand sorry, it's not our problem.

It's ofcourse not true that all masteries take mana to maintain, only those with 'mana upkeep'.
    warcry (also bushido) does not use additional mana each time you receive damage when its active,
    you don't lose mana every time you evade in white tiger form,
    could give an example for all.

Bushido has only 6 spells and can't use this one spell makes it very bad

Mastery is supposed to be a buff not a negative that drains all your mana for +3hpr"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited March 2023
    It's because confidence is being erroneously re-casted to create the mechanic of bush mastery. It was what the devs did instead of creating a mechanic that allows confidence to persist but at a diminished rate, and forgot to remove the mana cost associated with it.

Note: the actual spell itself is not being recast, but when anticipate hit procs it triggers the mana cost that would be associated with re-casting the spell as if it were being cast. Just sloppy coding with the masteries, chad found it and we reported it a couple years back. It was happening with parrying attacks for us back then.

Has nothing to do with upkeep of a mastery.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2023
    “this is not a piece of minutiae either, 

You can’t switch off just the anticipate hit, have to disable bushido mastery completely and use some other mastery, so no more war cry or intuition, totally borked.
  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    Before I buy, did this ever get fixed?

• CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    edited January 8
    I buyded, but still brokedz   :(
    can has refund?