Enchantress Camio zero durability and similar cases (very upset)

I am quite upset. Over the past year of playing the game I was able to acquire one Enchantress Camio. That is with actively farming the roof multiple times per week. Today, I was playing my warrior and before I realized it, my Camio had zero durability. Usually this item regenerates it's durability as if it had self repair, but for whatever reason, today it chose not to. In the aftermath I am now trying to fix the talisman by applying powder of fortification to it, but I'm receiving a system message that says "You cannot use the powder on that item."

I have multiple complaints about this issue. One, you make it neigh impossible to acquire or replace the items "needed" to optimally play the game. Two, you inconsistently handle durability on items of a particular slot: some have durability, some do not. Three, some items have a hidden self repair mechanic on a few select items, but it's not clear the value or the specifics: There should be a clear indication of what items have self repair and the value. Four, you have items that are not brittle, but cannot have powder of fortification applied to them(Including all rings/bracelets): why?

Can you put some development resources into cleaning these areas of the game up? An experience like I have outlined above is so disheartening and the mechanics are so unfriendly that it makes me want to just uninstall.
Tagged:

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "try taking it on/off and logging out/in at your house, should return to 255"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Ya I sure hope it’s not a new feature 
    edited March 2023
    Rom said:
    . Three, some items have a hidden self repair mechanic on a few select items, but it's not clear the value or the specifics: There should be a clear indication of what items have self repair and the value. Four, you have items that are not brittle, but cannot have powder of fortification applied to them(Including all rings/bracelets): why?

Can you put some development resources into cleaning these areas of the game up? An experience like I have outlined above is so disheartening and the mechanics are so unfriendly that it makes me want to just uninstall.
    "issue has already been reported April 2018

although more specifically in that same thread, Enchantress cameo missing self repair label was reported October 2020
    "

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited March 2023
    Rom said:
     Four, you have items that are not brittle, but cannot have powder of fortification applied to them(Including all rings/bracelets): why?

"issue of non PoFable jewellery/talismans missing a brittle tag or not being PoFable has also already been reported May 2018

Thank you for playing Ultima Online"

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    When something becomes this much of a mess - my response is get rid of the entire system, and start again.

This is my consistent response to this entire area. It is a complete negative for the game - it bugs me no end also.
    It would be nice if they could just fallow basic rules for items skills monsters etc 
    I some times feel like I’m playing a game that know one has any clue as to what the real coding is for anything 
    I realize there have been Soooo many hands in pot stirring things up though 

maybe the NL server will help to do a completely new code UO ? 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,903
    COMMUNICATION.....
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Did you not see the messages for repair?

If it is 0/# just go to a repair bench and repair it. Will last another 10 years
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited March 2023
    Rom said:
     Today, I was playing my warrior and before I realized it, my Camio had zero durability. Usually this item regenerates it's durability as if it had self repair, but for whatever reason, today it chose not to. In the aftermath I am now trying to fix the talisman by applying powder of fortification to it, but I'm receiving a system message that says "You cannot use the powder on that item."

Can you provide more detail because I'm not sure it's possible to burn through 255 durability on something in a single day (assuming your cameo was working the day before?). Even when I've run the gauntlet in Doom hitting the DF and all the spawn for over a dozen rounds solo I've gone 6-8 hours without my items hitting 0 durability. The only item I've ever started the day with at 255 and reached near 0 before the day was over is my double axes when spamming whirlwind at champ spawns all day...but that's a weapon not armor.

Cameo durability should reset after server down.
    “He could’ve been doing Monstrous Interred Grizzle, drops dura straight away on everything”
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Yoshi said:
    “He could’ve been doing Monstrous Interred Grizzle, drops dura straight away on everything”
    Don't stand in the acid.  :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    Definitely don't take the brown acid.  @Yoshi do you have a chart with reported bugs that are not fixed covering several years?
    edited March 2023
    "no, i just play the game and encounter the same s**t problems every day.

And i try and help out new players and they often have many problems to understand the game because of such bugs, some things can be very very confusing to them, especially when they try to make a macro and edit it and it don't work, and it turns out its bugged and you have to delete the macro and remake it... new player will never ever understand such stuff and gets frustrated and doesn't play anymore

I seen 2 youtube videos where people wanted to try to play the game, and NPCs are still not accepting cash from players. So player goes to NPC, sells some items and NPC gives them some cash, then they go to buy item and NPC says they have no gold.
    How is new player going to figure this bug? answer is they don't they just quit game, if someone don't tell them a work around for bug that they have to travel to bank and put the cash in the bank and return to NPC"
    ya it is stupid npc wont take gold from your pack
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited March 2023
    It's okay everyone. We won't have these issues in NL!