Possible bug with vet reward teleport tiles

MerusMerus Posts: 656
@Kyronix

Here is what I’m experiencing:

I have two houses, 1 in Tram and 1 in Fel.  Both are set to public and are connected by vet reward teleport tiles.  The tile in each house is set to alliance.  Both tiles were locked down by my character in the same guild, which is part of a larger alliance.  All of my accounts are co-owned and can use the teleport tiles without issue.  However, two other friends, both of whom are in my guild and are friended to both houses are experiencing issues with the teleport tiles.  They can use the teleporter set to alliance on the tram side to travel to the Fel house, but get the message they can’t use this when trying to go from the Fel house to the tram house.

I’m a bit perplexed.  Everything for both houses is set the same… one side works the other doesn’t.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2023
    "I'm not kyronix
    but i read this,
    I've never experienced this issue and regularly travel on alliance member teleporters from fel to tram,
    i can't quite see why they can travel only one way,
    one thing worth noting is that alliance only works for people who are actually members or higher(and not ronin) in the guild roster
    (I'm making  assumption these chars aren't red or criminal, or flagged)"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Yoshi said:
    "I'm not kyronix
    but i read this,
    I've never experienced this issue and regularly travel on alliance member teleporters from fel to tram,
    i can't quite see why they can travel only one way,
    one thing worth noting is that alliance only works for people who are actually members or higher(and not ronin) in the guild roster
    (I'm making  assumption these chars aren't red or criminal, or flagged)"
    Character are both blue and are both member rank.  I’ve removed them and readded them to the guild and removed and replaced both teleporters… same results.
    "house in tram is def public?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    "house in tram is def public?"
    Yup.
    Someone has suggest that because the original placer of the Fel house was not guilded that the house can’t “see” the alliance?  That might make sense, but both are still friended to the house which would seem to be included if the security setting is alliance.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    Single click the teleporters, click set access. Make sure the owner of the teleporters is the correct person. The whole "Guild/Alliance" house settings for items is finnicky. Sometimes the house owner will supersede all item settings. If the tram house is private then they also need access to the house itself via the sign list.
    "ah yes check that the owner of the teleporters is actually in the guild haha"
    edited March 2023
    Yes, the houses are both public, as previously stated.

I have released and placed both sets with a guilded character.  It seems more and more likely it has something to do with house ownership… I secured a container with a guilded character in each house and set the container to alliance.  The other accounts could open the alliance container in the tram house but could not open the container in the Fel house.

I also would have thought that having them friended to the house would have superceded the alliance setting the same way co-owner does.

@Kyronix. Can you please confirm how the alliance security setting identifies the alliance to apply to?  If it’s based on the alliance of the actual character who placed the house, is there a way to update it without re-placing the house or trading it?  Can you also confirm if the alliance setting is inclusive of the friends setting?
    "are the chars that can't go fel to tram EJ?"
    Yoshi said:
    "are the chars that can't go fel to tram EJ?"
    No, they are on paid accounts.