Ethy Beetle disappears during shard transfer

HippoHippo Posts: 267
My ethereal Beetle was missing from pack after transfer from Atlantic to Oceania this morning.

Comments

• HippoHippo Posts: 267
    After two hours waiting for an EM to respond, I logged out and wrote off my ethy beetle. Many years ago I had something disappear in my pack and somehow it wound up in my runebook or spellbook.  An EM was able to retrieve it.  I guess a dead shard doesn't have an EM assigned on a fulltime basis?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "if no member of staff gets back to you in a week let me know and i'll replace, but you'll have to pick up from Atl"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    "if no member of staff gets back to you in a week let me know and i'll replace, but you'll have to pick up from Atl"
    Very kind of you but I should have put the ethy beetle in the bank instead of leaving it in my main pack during a transfer. I shouldn't have transferred on a Sunday and on Daylight Savings morning. My char is a mystic-mage and runs stone form near 24/7 so no need to replace ethy ride. Thank you anyway!
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2023
    "there is no such rule to say you should place items in bank over backpack to prevent loss"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Please cancel bug report. I just found an ethy beetle in a chest from the origin shard from which I transferred. How it got in there, no idea, Hamhand on my part I'm sure. Sorry about and extra work the UO team did to investigate.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    An EM shouldn't be involved in issues like this outside of passing it along to a GM or a member of the dev team.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Thanks for acknowledging this mistake. I bet 90% of missing items we hear about are operator error. Especially when we never hear from the OP again.

@Skett
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    @Pawain do you have my BG fishing pole ? stop hiding it already !
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Did it go under carpets or Pavers?  I did not says yours was that, so I trusted that you did lock it down.  :)
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Thanks for acknowledging this mistake. I bet 90% of missing items we hear about are operator error. Especially when we never hear from the OP again.

@ Skett
    I was surprised when an EM/GM contacted me a day later on another shard while I was killing ratmen and discussed the "case of the missing beetle". I thought they had just blown me off, so when I found the beetle in a chest that I never use, I thought I should try to head of any more work on their part.