Treasure Hunter Build

2»

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,324
    Greater dragons and frost dragons are a pain for dispelling. My mystic weaver has 30 MR and 40 LMC  obviously, but also when tackling these creatures she carries a mana surge shield and urali trance tonics. Be sure to get a level 6 focus for spellweaving and cast arcane empowerment for the greatest possible resistance to dispel.
  • SarkonSarkon Posts: 61
    Arnold7 said:
    Sargon how did you deal with the dragons in trove and hoard chests?  They dispel summons that you cast and mystics don’t have the more powerful direct damage spells that mages have.  Think you would have to stone them to death but that would take awhile. Otherwise would agree with what you said about the RC.

See mystic treasure hunters once in awhile usually in stone form and they do take out dragons.

Remove trap is a pain to learn by the way but it’s worth the effort if you decide to do hoard and trove chests in the future.

Like I said, I don't t-hunt often anymore, however, I do go into Destard sometimes with a mystic mage.  I run a L3 mastery and I don't recall even Greater Dragons doing much to my RCs.  I'm usually lazy farming in there, so I might throw down 2-3 (instead of 1-2) and just lose count sometimes.  I rarely use any spells at all other than that to farm there, even though I know there are more efficient ways to do that.  I used mystic mages during the treasures event too, and aside from paragons, I don't remember having much of an issue at all with just RC and area spells.  I am not sure if the monsters at a chest are more or less than the normal monsters in the wild though.  Also, don't underestimate Hail Storm and Nether Cyclone as damage spells, even against a lone monster.

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Thanks for all the answers.  Will dust of my mystic.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 731
    Yeah, same. Summoning seems useless for higher level chests. They get blown out like a candle. 

I didn’t think Remove was too bad using the puzzle boxes.
    Yes puzzle boxes work too but not my forte.  They have quite nice pictures though.
    Yeah, I hear ya. Have to enjoy puzzles to go that route. 
  • My treasure hunter

100+5 Cartography (With LMG)
    100 Remove Trap
    100 Lockpicking
    100+20 Magery 
    90+30 Animal Taming
    90+30 Animal Lore
    120 Fishing
    20 Meditation

@Artlover Fishing?? Whaaat? So, you just keep pet healed with magery?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    LilyGrace said:
    @ Artlover Fishing?? Whaaat? So, you just keep pet healed with magery?
    I thought same but honestly I don't heal pet very much (running from all the monsters) so could work it's a great template!
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • I think if the pet is strong enough, The main character could not use veterinary. Allocate fishing is just personal option to play role as a *hunter* because there is difficulty to add music or EI/Meditation for this 120 skill points.
  • LeefordLeeford Posts: 4
    edited January 2023
    I made a fun TH using the required TH skills and mace/tactics & Necromancy/spirit speak with just a little magery, mostly from jewelry, to recall and mark runes (building a Tmap location library in my house). I use a black staff which offers the AE whirlwind for mowing down easy mobs and the stunning blow to paralyze harder mobs. I have only done level 1 and 2 maps cause I am a noob and have irrational fear of dying. But probably the build wont do past level 3’s. But super fun to play!
  • I am a returning player, game has changed so much. Feel like all my characters are useless now. am sure some have disappeared as well.

The below is my current T Hunter is she still valid?

last time i played the T maps were ranked into Levels 1 to 5 and i was happily doing level 5 maps with the help of a quickly placed invis item. (The initial spawn used to always spawn on you and hit you instantly).
    Now i notice the Maps have changed names, i have tattered remnants as well (Presume these used to be T Maps)

Cartography 100.0
    Magery 100.0
    Resisting Spells 100.0
    Animal Lore 114.2
    Animal Taming 104.8
    Veterinary 97.8
    Lock Picking 100.0

Any help/Ideas or even easy way/training to gradually get used to new changes etc will be most welcome.

Dougan Redhammer (Raicath)  
    edited March 2023
    Tattered maps are maps that need to be read by your treasure hunter.  Double click on them and you will get a message that will says either you failed to read the map or that you read it.  Double click on the map till you get the message you read it.

The initial spawn still comes after you.  It takes about a second after you dig up the chest.  I run away, invis, and then go back and take the spawn on, one enemy at a time.

You need to add remove trap to your template to remove the trap from higher level chests.  After you kill the initial spawn chests generate heat attacks and monsters until the trap is removed.  Remove trap reduces the number of explosions.

Grubers may jump out of higher level chests when you open them.  They steal one item and run away if you don’t kill them.  You will need to rely on you pet to do this with your template.  Also, monsters can and do jump out of the chest when you remove items.

I don’t have a tamer so I can not help you much with dealing with the spawn.  Good luck with the chests. If you have a lot of maps and your account qualifies for a Davie Jones locker veteran reward, you might consider getting one of those to store your maps.

Note: To train remove trap buy it buy up the skill from a tinker or a thief, then do chests, crates, boxes, and barrels you find scattered around UO (you don’t need to open them.). When you get to around 55, start doing stash chests.  If you will be doing hoard and trove chests, you need to get the skill level to 90.  You can also buy a reusable slider puzzle to learn this skill in Moonglow.
    Just a quick note.  If you have some maps from the old days that generate a story type board when you read them, you might want to hold on to those.  Not sure what they are worth but they are neat.  When you dig them up you get a pyramid I think.  Nothing really of value In the chests themselves.  But they are a neat part of the game’s history.  Modern maps just allow you to see the map.  You don’t get any stories with them.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,903
    I am a returning player, game has changed so much. Feel like all my characters are useless now. am sure some have disappeared as well.

last time i played the T maps were ranked into Levels 1 to 5 and i was happily doing level 5 maps with the help of a quickly placed invis item. (The initial spawn used to always spawn on you and hit you instantly).
    Now i notice the Maps have changed names, i have tattered remnants as well (Presume these used to be T Maps)

Cartography 100.0
    Magery 100.0
    Resisting Spells 100.0
    Animal Lore 114.2
    Animal Taming 104.8
    Veterinary 97.8
    Lock Picking 100.0

Any help/Ideas or even easy way/training to gradually get used to new changes etc will be most welcome.

i run 
    Tame/lore 120
    Cartography 100
    Lock picking 100
    Remove trap 100 
    Vet 90
    Mage 90

With my unicorn i can solo all maps
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Grimbeard said:
    I am a returning player, game has changed so much. Feel like all my characters are useless now. am sure some have disappeared as well.

Cartography 100.0
    Magery 100.0
    Resisting Spells 100.0
    Animal Lore 114.2
    Animal Taming 104.8
    Veterinary 97.8
    Lock Picking 100.0

i run 
    Tame/lore 120
    Cartography 100
    Lock picking 100
    Remove trap 100 
    Vet 90
    Mage 90

With my unicorn i can solo all maps
    I run the same template, use a disco cu.