Auction Safe auto-renew totally broken

2»

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,997
    Smoot said:
    “Buy Now” has a 5% fee, but the fee structure on auction safes isn’t the point here and trying to deflect, redirect, or gaslight isn’t going to change the fact that someone screwed something up or changed something on purpose without any communication to paying players.
    Pawain said:
    So I could be the high bidder on an auction safe and wait around until it is over and still not win because I did not meet the hidden reserve.  Glad I just use the buy it now if I want an item.

Thanks for the info.

... you seriously need help with your reading comprehension ... or a good therapist to help you deal with your need to be a troll ...

either way, you're just showing your own inadequacies here.

It's in the patch notes.

Who needs help with reading comprehension? 

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-115/

Sure it's doesn't specifically state auto-renews, but since an auto-renew is starting an auction it's not that difficult to grasp when you take 2 seconds to think about it. Maybe math is too hard though.

5 minutes per auction times 12 auction safes = 60 minutes. Hardly a critical "needs fixing ASAP stop the presses OMG someone screwed up!" issue. Extend your auction safe timers, problem solved.

Sorry, not losing any sleep over tears being cried from rares sellers and EM multiboxers that price fix items with their friends and then turn around and sell the plat for money. I think you guys can afford the 5% hit on your bottom line by extending to 7d. Oh wait, you will just increase the price to cover actually having to pay any kind of fee, lol.

Man, I'm doing ebay IRL totally wrong. I should list an item for $100 and then when the buyer is paying, I tell him "no wait, it's actually $120 because I don't want to pay ebay fees!". Brilliant. 

its a terrible description.  i highly doubt the devs even realized this "fix" would cause so many problems.   try placing 60 mins auctions, its basically impossible even with less than 12.  should it say "this will break the majority of your 60min auctions"?  obviously a bug / side effect they hadnt thought of.  im just changing everything to 3 day and raising prices.  a plus for sellers:  half the rares that were for sale are no longer active.  and will probably take the average player months to even realize.  i imagine GMs will get pages about this for months to come.  very poor game design, imagine someone buying auction safes for the first time, taking hours to set say 20 auctions, then realizing their all screwed up.  obvious next step would be page a GM.  only for the GM to tell you they just work that way.  not a good look at all for a in game item / feature.
    So they work like spellbook straps now? 
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited March 2023
    still broken.  it would be nice to have a dev response even if they arent going to do anything to fix them it would be better to know.  a much better description of how the timer functions is needed right now its not intuitive at all even for a veteran player.  i cant imagine the frustration for someone new to auction safes trying to figure them out with trial and error.
  • JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
    edited March 2023
    Should we even discuss the fact that some auction safes randomly start on their own now? I know someone who was restocking, was waiting for the timers and had yet to adjust the prices of one (let alone started the auction safe) and when he checked it a few minutes later it had started on its own with the wrong price. (Think a 1.5p item with the safe starting at 250m.)
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
    Should we even discuss the fact that some auction safes randomly start on their own now? I know someone who was restocking, was waiting for the timers and had yet to adjust the prices of one (let alone started the auction safe) and when he checked it a few minutes later it had started on its own with the wrong price. (Think a 1.5p item with the safe starting at 250m.)
    Another case of the developers fixing something that didn't need fixing breaking it in the process while giving us nothing new and ignoring actual bugs 
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 90
    edited March 2023
    I had one of my safes running for its 1 hour window for quite some time, with no troubles and sold the item finally which was on it with no issue at all.
    Not sure what you're all complaining about, it seems to work just as intended?
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2023
    "This seems like an okay fix to me,

people kept complaining that 1 hour auction auto renew don't work or have to wait 5 mins,
    so i ask why not just set date to 3 days or more?
    for some reason they don't like.

now they take away the option that does not work properly, seems okay to me"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • usernameusername Posts: 696
    edited March 2023
    Yoshi said:
    "This seems like an okay fix to me,

people kept complaining that 1 hour auction auto renew don't work or have to wait 5 mins,
    They are fixing nothing and you still have to wait 5 minutes between setting up safes/ending/waiting to renew. It frequently bugs out and as I have posted in my other thread despite no auctions ending/ended/waiting to 'reset' you still get hit by random 5 minute timers for no reason. All my safes are on 7 days and I get this. What needs to be done is lower the arbitrary 5 minute timer.

This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    Why does a team with no resources for actual new content or bugs fixes decide to focus on this or deleting players memorials seems like priorities are incorrect 
  • The issue still stands. You have to wait 5 MINUTES to start on a different auction safe.

5 minutes. That's insane.

Why isn't this a top priority bug to be fixed?

Sometimes we re-arrange auction safe/house...etc and now I have to wait and wait?

Is dev willing to fix this?