Ridable Tigers and Lions and Frost Mites oh my!

I recall a while back at one of the meet and greets someone had asked if the Dev's could make some of the tamable critters we have that we also have in ethy form ridable.
specifically the tiger, lion and frost mite.
the answer at the time was 'that sounds doable, we will look into it'.
it has been a long while since that meet and greet and i was wondering where we sit (haha get it) on this topic?
was this looked into and scraped or is it still on the back burner just awaiting its turn in the queue that the Dev's have to work on stuff?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    the vet reward ethy frost might on test was cool the prodo one not so much
    hope they add new pets and gear soon
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,903
    Skett said:
    the vet reward ethy frost might on test was cool the prodo one not so much
    hope they add new pets and gear soon
    How is production one different from test?
  • They talked about making the actual Frost Mite ridable. Instead, we got an Ethy version of it. My Disco/Tamer still can't ride his actual Frost Mite :(
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    on test it was transparent, it looked better not sure why they would take away the ability to use the vet reward brush on it
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,082
    Skett said:
    on test it was transparent, it looked better not sure why they would take away the ability to use the vet reward brush on it

Certain angles didn't look very good for the ethy color frost mite due to weird shading and lack of an actual shape. I haven't tested the prod version though to see if changing the color helped.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2023
    They talked about making the actual Frost Mite ridable. Instead, we got an Ethy version of it. My Disco/Tamer still can't ride his actual Frost Mite :(

"I always presumed that was a balancing issue, as they are quite powerful as is"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    It would seem like if all the art for riding animation is already in game there is very little downside to letting players ride the pet version in addition to the ethy version.  We already have the ability to mount fully trained 5 slot pets… not sure how a 5 slot tiger being ridden would somehow be more of an issue than a 5 slot bane.