If you planted seeds for thorns on the first day, They are ready to harvest 2 - 11

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    dvvid said:
    I planted 36 plain snake plants, not bright green. So that was a waste lol. Anyone know how I can get bright green snake plants through cross pollination?  Is it ferns and pampas grass that makes snake plant?
    Snake Plant
    • Snake Plant x Snake Plant
    • Prickly Pear Cactus x Water Plant
    • Barrel Cactus x Century Plant
    • Barrel Cactus x Water Plant
    • Tribarrel Cactus x Small Palm
    • Tribarrel Cactus x Century Plant
    • Snake Plant x Water Plant (50% chance)
    • Snake Plant x Prickly Pear Cactus (50% chance)
    But you need to start with a color, preferably 2 greens.

The black/white chance is around 1%.

From an old Stratics page.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I found the big Square one that you just line em up.

http://ergreenman.com/plants/uogtypecrossmod.html
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I'm waiting for a certain poster to cross and find that we have plant oddities and make a Spider, Hops, Cactus, or Bonsai.  Then have to read his novel about how it should not be that way.
    Shh!
    Yes, the plant system has a bug, but it was left that way by popular request of players.
    Anyone interested in exploring the 'bug' there's a page here:

I can say that I have explored it at length and have seeds for most of the resulting plant types.

I have a bag with all the colors and varieties of the oddity plant types. I have all the color Bonsais but did not want all the types.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    dvvid said:
    I planted 36 plain snake plants, not bright green. So that was a waste lol. Anyone know how I can get bright green snake plants through cross pollination?  Is it ferns and pampas grass that makes snake plant?
    if you need them on Atlantic, i can give you some
  • I have bright green snake plant seeds on Baja and Siege. PM me if you need any on either of those shards.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    I have Pac for ya 
  • Mariah said:
    At this point it may be worth drawing attention to the page: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/technical/creating-macros/example-macros/
    which has an EC macro for harvesting seeds and resources from plants.

Me and my carpal tunnel thank you :)

Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    edited February 2023
    I thought this might be the most appropriate thread for my question without opening a new thread for it.

Can anyone confirm how fertile dirt works in potted plants? I understand it can give random growth to potted plants but is just a one and done type of thing or could they jump a few times?

I decided to use some fertile dirt on my next batch of potted plants after reading this thread to see if there would be increased mutation so I planted 15 pots with fertile dirt. I actually ran out so I used 5 pots with regular dirt. This morning I went to tend to my plants and about 50% of the fertile dirt ones jumped a growing day of 3 to 4 (only noticed because they went from dirt to green). Do the plants that jumped have a chance at jumping another day or are they done? I'd assume the ones that didn't jump still have a chance at some point?

Just wondering if it makes sense to use fertile dirt when trying to expedite gathering resources like thorns which would be good to know and maybe helpful to some that are behind in their green thorn production.
    I don't think it's ever been said definitively, however the gump for using fertile dirt with a garden bed seems to imply it has a chance of boosting more than once. RNG permitting of course.

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Fertile Earth is really good for throwing everything out of willy wack if you like to harvest everything at one time.  It randomly speeds growth rates up on some and not others. It works the same in Raised Beds as it does filling Old Pots with it.  LOL when I was still running 200+ raised beds I was bored and did them all with fertile earth.  The Growth Rates were all over the map.
    Yes now I remember why I stopped using it before garden beds.  I had 50 bowls and they were all over the place in time instead of harvesting at the same time, you caused yourself to have plants at different stages.
    Mariah said:
    I don't think it's ever been said definitively, however the gump for using fertile dirt with a garden bed seems to imply it has a chance of boosting more than once. RNG permitting of course.

Well this is completely new to me... I had no idea you could use fertile dirt in a garden bed.

I will try to keep everyone posted on what happens using fertile dirt on my 15 plants.
  • keven2002 said:
    Mariah said:

Well this is completely new to me... I had no idea you could use fertile dirt in a garden bed.

I will try to keep everyone posted on what happens using fertile dirt on my 15 plants.
    Some will be full and ready for harvest 2-3 days before others. you'll have plants in multiple stages of growth constantly. for Me (Along with @Tyrath and @Pawain apparently lol) it was more of a nuisance than a blessing.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Yea I can see your point.I think that growing them in a pot long term wouldn't be what I do because of the different stages. Right now it's kind of the only reason I actually log in (I only have 4 garden beds) so I don't mind it because I'll probably do another round but I won't be using more fertile dirt in a pot (might do it in the garden bed).
  • MitMit Posts: 33
    How does one get that gump to pop up? is it at placement? while still empty? with plants already planted?
    I cant seem to figure it out..
    By having fertile dirt in your pack when you attempt to plant the seed. Details here:

• MitMit Posts: 33
    Sweet.. Thanks M.

edited March 2023
    Little bit of an update on my plant growing using fertile dirt...

It does seem very random which ones jump up a level. One day I would have maybe 12 out of 50 jump and the next day it would be like 2 out of 50.  I can confirm that using fertile dirt can make plants jump multiple times and they can also jump in the gathering phase (so you can gather 2 seeds/resources after 1 day). Some of my plants from fertile dirt haven't jumped at all.

All in all though it's pretty much as others have said where it becomes a little bit on an inconvenience having them all at different stages because some plants will be ready for decoration mode potentially several days before others. It's not a huge deal but for me I do not think I will use fertile dirt again.
    Ya you would use it if you did the quest and got a seed of the color and type that you have wanted for a long time and want it to advance faster so you can get it sooner!
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited March 2023
    I have two EC macros to make cross pollinating easier and faster.

The first macro brings up the pollination gump for the currently targeted plant

UserCommand script GumpsParsing.DestroyGump(29842)
    Delay(.5)
    UserCommand script GumpsParsing.DestroyGump(22222)
    Delay(.5)
    UseTargetedObject 
    Delay(.5)
    UserCommand script GumpsParsing.PressButton(29842,1)

The second macro will press the pollination button.  You still need to target the plant to pollinate.

UserCommand script GumpsParsing.PressButton(22222,5)

The goal of the second macro is to eliminate the need to move the cursor to the gump, click the button, then move the cursor to the plant to pollinate. The time spent moving the cursor back and forth adds up.

Just one bit of follow up info now that I'm coming close to an end of my fertile dirt plants.

6 of my plants that have "jumped" one their last day (or after their last day). For example - yesterday a batch of my fertile plants were at 7/8 (resources) with today being their last day of production...when I logged in today to gather I saw the green plus sign (meaning they jumped which would technically be 9/8). I also wasn't able to log in Sunday (I had a couple plants that were going to be 8/8) but when I logged in Monday (plants were done producing by 1 day at that point) I saw a green plus sign.

Doesn't seem like it should work like that given there are no further stages on the last day (or after).