Mesanna's Deleting Player Memorials and THIS exists on Atlantic:

Luc_of_LegendsLuc_of_Legends Posts: 312
edited February 2023 in General Discussions

How in the hell does this person rate their own private GIANT Dragon Statues outside their house?

Okay it finally loaded and they say 2014 Holiday contest winner.  Still calling bs cause on Legends we 

just got lanterns. According to the EM at the time "That was all her royal majesty would allow".

Those are FREAKISHLY HUGE y'all!  

Mesanna says she doesn't play favorites?? YEAH RIGHT!! 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited February 2023
    Do you have a shrine built to Mesanna by your computer so you can think of her all day. Do you know how often I think about her. Never.  Maybe you should try bettering yourself instead of constantly being concerned about what others are doing.  Those Dragons rate 0 on my give a F chart.

Report it to the GMs if you are that concerned.  Then go have an enjoyable night.  That seems a rarity for you.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    Do you have a shrine built to Mesanna by your computer so you can think of her all day. Do you know how often I think about her. Never.  Maybe you should try bettering yourself instead of constantly being concerned about what others are doing.  Those Dragons rate 0 on my give a F chart.

Report it to the GMs if you are that concerned.  Then go have an enjoyable night.  That seems a rarity for you.
    Seriously dude I could give a crap less about Mesanna.  I was just wandering around Atlantic and 

Found those freaking huge things and was like WTF????   I was actually have fun exploring 

Atlantic.   Obviously  YOU worship at the alter of Mesanna, wave you pom-poms, and

defend everything she does.  Also good luck reporting EMs because she believes her EM can 

can do no wrong.  Even after the whole Clops debacle.  We tried on Legends to complain about 

an EM, and she refused to listen.  
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    edited February 2023
    I’ve seen those many times. I straight up do not care at all why they are there or how they got out there. Why does it bother you so much?  

I play this game all the time and never think about Messana. I see her name somewhere in the game and it doesn’t affect me at all. Why is it different for you?

You just assume she has favorites and get really mad about it. 
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited February 2023
    dvvid said:
    I’ve seen those many times. I straight up do not care at all why they are there or how they got out there. Why does it bother you so much?  

I play this game all the time and never think about Messana. I see her name somewhere in the game and it doesn’t affect me at all. Why is it different for you?

You just assume she has favorites and get really mad about it. 

I have a funny story for you.

A few raresfests ago (I don't recall which server because tbh in the last decade raresfest has seriously gone downhill and become less of a big event and more of a "well it's MY turn to host one!" for certain collectors who need to feel special) I noticed that one of the things on display in someone's house was the glacial "Spell Casting Stuff" backpack that could only have been acquired from transferring a character off Test Center. There have been a few instances of this sort of thing happening, and the items acquired via these transfers were deemed extremely volatile and to be deleted on sight with an investigation into the logs of the item to determine account actioning.

So I paged on that backpack, within a couple hours that backpack was changed to resemble a normal backpack, first the glacial color was changed, then the name was changed to what a normal backpack would be. I watched it happen live. Within 10 minutes Mesanna made an appearance at the house with the owner of the house and replaced it. Thus allowing an item that could have only been illegally obtained, an item of the likes to which players have permanently lost their accounts for owning, to exist.

Draw your own conclusion from that.
  • Pawain said:

Seriously dude I could give a crap less about Mesanna.  I was just wandering around Atlantic and 

Found those freaking huge things and was like WTF????   I was actually have fun exploring 

Atlantic.   Obviously  YOU worship at the alter of Mesanna, wave you pom-poms, and

defend everything she does.  Also good luck reporting EMs because she believes her EM can 

can do no wrong.  Even after the whole Clops debacle.  We tried on Legends to complain about 

If you could give a crap, why are you moaning?

could or couldn’t?

with your petulant attitude you are gaining no friends or support so why don’t you just take a break. 

See how you feel in a few weeks/months

Right now, you are doing your mental health no good whatsoever 
  • Pawain said:

If you could give a crap, why are you moaning?

could or couldn’t?

with your petulant attitude you are gaining no friends or support so why don’t you just take a break. 

See how you feel in a few weeks/months

Right now, you are doing your mental health no good whatsoever 
    It does irritate the living crap out of me she's deleting player memorials.

She's already nailed two that belonged to friends of mine Bastet and Derrick. I'm sorry but her

whole attitude comes off as they're dead screw them and their friends. I miss my late UO friends

everyday. We talked outside of game. OMG- In the world according to Mesanna we're not

suppose be friends outside of game. Whatever. :|  Bastet and I used to chat outside game on ICQ.

Derrick and I yakked it up on Discord. It hurts knowing I'll never hear his voice or his laugh again. 

I miss joking with Uriah Heep and teasing him about his love for Dairy Queen's Country Basket.

In fact that was my nickname for him "Country Basket".   There are more people dealing with grief

in the USA - heck around the world the like of which hasn't been seen since WW II.  

Not only do I deal with my grief for my lost UO friends; I am also wrestling with my own personal 

grief as I lost both my parents in 14 months time.  I suppose some of  y'all might say I am so

horrible, rotten, and evil that I deserved my pain. Trust me no one deserves this.  

Those memorials give us a focal point to direct our grief and to remember.  It's no different than

going to the cemetery in the real world and placing flowers on someone's grave.

It says I miss you, I still care, I still love you, and I still remember you once existed in this 

mortal realm.  We grieve because we love. If we never loved in anyway then we'd never grieve.

But we do love, in many different ways.  We love our pets, our friends, and our family.

At its core what makes this game is the COMMUNITY.  That community is made up of flesh and

blood people.  People who live, love, and sadly die.   Mesanna's lack of empathy bothers me, that 

she cannot care even a little bit about her UO customers as PEOPLE.   Me on the other hand  I 

care too damn much.  
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    There are already several other threads on this topic. I don't think another one is at all helpful.

This discussion has been closed.