Something wrong with merchant ship spawn?

Hello! I used to play on Atlantic and going back and forth on some tokuno islands I used to find a lot of merchant ships. like 50-50 with pirate ships. Since I started playing on Catskills I already farmed my orc ship, and for 5 days I havent found a single merchant ship. Lots of lighthouses and pirate ships but the merchant ships seem to vanished. Any fellow pirate feeling the same?

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    its like a champ spawn

merchants (wave 1)
    pirates (wave 2)
    plunderbeacons (wave 3)

you have to get rid of the pirate ships and plunderbeacons 
    for them to start spawning again

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,050
    That sounds interesting,  I always avoid the Merchant ships but I can tell the bored crew that it is like a champ spawn so they will stay awake while we look for beacons.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • But I am... Im not skipping anything... I kill beacons and I scuttle pirate ships .. (just not killing the captain because it takes too long) but I have always done that way
    edited February 2023
    Hannibal said:
    But I am... Im not skipping anything... I kill beacons and I scuttle pirate ships .. (just not killing the captain because it takes too long) but I have always done that way
    Do you have a tamer on another account?  An AI/Chiv pet will kill him pretty quick. 2 pets and you don't have time to loot the ship before he is dead.

Does the ship go poof if you don't kill the Captain?  I know you can stay on the ship and train a pet for a really long time. But when you leave it goes poof.  But I always kill the captain.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    you must kill everything before they respawn.
    I have guild mates who will only go for specific ones
    and I keep telling them you have to clear everything

my husband will do pirates and merchant ships until he gets burnt out.
    so I have spent lot of time doing them with him.

I like to go after the merchant and pirate ships
    while others like to do the plunderbeacons.
    it could be that there are others doing them before you get on
    and/or they despawn before you are in the area
    Your theory looks like what happens in the seas.  

Go hunting and just find the dang Merchants or Orc ships.  Decide to start killing them.  Beacons appear and when they do, you can get two close to each other.

So, I am a believer!
  • Still its super odd since Im killing the beacons so if thats the last tier, merchant ships should spawn... on ATL id get 50-50 pirate ships and merchant ships and Id never kill the pirate captain... now I cant find a single one...