Recalling to default location

RinerRiner Posts: 355
Using a runebook with a default location set casting on it either directly or with it saved as the spell target and nothing happens. Yesterday, the spell would poof and say something was in that spot. It does this on multiple characters on multiple accounts using recall and scared journey. I was observing the spot and it was empty. Changing the location which was default in the runebook did not change this from happening. The location could be recalled to if I opened the runebook and selected the location. I have rebooted and repatched a couple of times as well.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Do you have a boat rune in the book?
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Are you using EC or CC?  Sometimes my macro does not work right in the lost lands bank but it works everywhere else most of the time.  In prior years it did stumble and for no apparent reason get stuck when UO got confused when more more than one thing was going on onscreen at the same time.  But for at least the last year or so it has worked flawlessly except at the lost lands bank.

ship runes sometimes lose the ship for whatever reason.

if you are using EC, setting the rune book as a target in a macro the same way you set a spell does not work.  You have to create the macro  to use the equip item command and then edit the command so you can put the rune book into the area where the items you want to equip go.  Not sure if I said that just right but basically equip the rune book using the same command as you would to equip anything else.  If you are using EC I will check my macro.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    edited February 2023
    Arnold7 said:

if you are using EC, setting the rune book as a target in a macro the same way you set a spell does not work.  You have to create the macro  to use the equip item command and then edit the command so you can put the rune book into the area where the items you want to equip go.  Not sure if I said that just right but basically equip the rune book using the same command as you would to equip anything else.  If you are using EC I will check my macro.

I'm sorry, but you are totally mistaken in this. To create a macro to use the default on a rune book simply drag the recall spell (or sacred journey) into a macro or hot bar slot, right click for target options, select 'stored' and then target the book you want to store as the target.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    edited February 2023
    @Mariah yes I do have a boat rune in the book, actually in the books of all three characters I tried this on. Any solution other then removing it? Since I missed it in my first post I'm using EC with the spell dragged to the hotbar and target stored - runebook Thanks
    In the mean time I removed the boat rune, and changed the default then changed it back and now it works.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Mariah said:
    Do you have a boat rune in the book?
    Maybe they could fix the boat issue...
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited February 2023
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    It's a runebook and it isn't the boat itself but using the book with my house set as default which wasn't working.