Anyone knows an Imbuing Calculator Web site other then Knuckleheads ?

I usually use the https://www.knuckleheads.dk/tools/imbuing?welcome=hideimbuing calculator Web site unfortunately, no idea why, when clicking on any of the item types now it gives a "bad link" error message and I cannot use it.

I tried with Firefox and Chrome but it was the same.

Does anyone know of any other Imbuing Calculator Web site that they have been using which is also a good one ?

Thanks.

Comments

• ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    edited January 2023
    They will probably fix their site rather soon
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited January 2023
    "Gilmour of knuckleheads working on it now

edit, he fixed already"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    OK, cool, thank you !!
    I noticed something else odd....

I tried to enter imbuing properties for an exceptionally crafted Weapon on which a Whestone of Enervation was applied, but the imbuing weight remained 500....

Shouldn't it become higher for an exceptional Weapon on which a Whetstone of Enervation has been applied ?

Yet, the calculator keeps maintaining the CAP imbuing weight as 500 ....

What gives ?
    "its 450 if not exceptional, 500 if exceptional (for one handed melee weaps)"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited January 2023
    The weapon has 500 points. Damage increase uses some of the points.

If you remove damage it still has 500 points. Now you can use the points damage increase took.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    popps said:
    I noticed something else odd....

I tried to enter imbuing properties for an exceptionally crafted Weapon on which a Whestone of Enervation was applied, but the imbuing weight remained 500....

Shouldn't it become higher for an exceptional Weapon on which a Whetstone of Enervation has been applied ?

Yet, the calculator keeps maintaining the CAP imbuing weight as 500 ....

What gives ?
    Exceptional raise the cap. The whetstone has nothing to do with the cap, it just lets you replace the points from damage increase with points in a different property.
    Yoshi said:
    "its 450 if not exceptional, 500 if exceptional (for one handed melee weaps)"
    Ah, thanks, for some reasons, not sure why, I had a recallection that the imbuing weight was 500 but removing DI it would become 600 or so....

So 500 is the highest imbuing weight possible ?

In no case the imbuing weight can get higher as 500 ?
    Pawain said:

If you remove damage it still has 500 points. Now you can use the points damage increase took.

Gotcha.

I wonder, though, for what Whetstone of Enervation cost, whether their use is actually then worth the freeing of a mere 50 imbuing weight from 450 to 500....
    edited January 2023
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Gotcha.

I wonder, though, for what Whetstone of Enervation cost, whether their use is actually then worth the freeing of a mere 50 imbuing weight from 450 to 500....
    It does not change the imbuing weight!  It removes the amount of points used by Damage increase!  The total weight stays the same.

Each point of Damage increase is 2.  If the DI was 35, that took 70 points!
    edited January 2023
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Gotcha.

It does not change the imbuing weight!  It removes the amount of points used by Damage increase!  The total weight stays the same.

OK, so, the Whetstone "frees" 70 imbuing points, not gives an extra 50 points.

Are those 70 "freed" imbuing weight points worth what Whetstone of Evervation cost ?

Sure, it can give a few points extra for some properties... but I wonder if these 70 points, in the end, pay back the worth of a Whetstone...
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Gotcha.

Are those 70 "freed" imbuing weight points worth what Whetstone of Evervation cost ?

Sure, it can give a few points extra for some properties... but I wonder if these 70 points, in the end, pay back the worth of a Whetstone...
    Everything comes down to opportunity cost, this is no different. If you get the 60 shame crystals needed to summon all the bosses to get the whetstone (ie 12 UEV) or if you have more money than time and buy it, those are up to you if it's worth it for you.

Personally for me, yes whetstones are worth it. I think you are missing the big picture. If you have 100DI on your suit (from the UEV thread sounds like you do) then you do not need DI on your weapon. Even if it only costs 2 points, the bigger issue is that it's taking up a property slot (you only get 5). There are a dozen+ builds to weapons but if you went with HML/HSL/HLL/HLD/Hit Spell that's 5 right there. Or you could swap out and go with a slayer or maybe HLA or maybe you want a weapon that has hit fatigue/mana drain (those need to be reforged). Point is that there are several other properties that you can use in place on DI that help you kill stuff.... keeping DI on your weapon when you don't need it doesn't allow you to maximize your potential killing efficiency.

If you don't care about maximizing  your output because wheststones seem like a lot (time or gold) and not worth it that's only something that you can decide.
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    @popps , first problem is you being ignorant as you always  are. Where website is asking you to select weapon , you need to SELECT WEAPON . This will give you correct imbuing capacity for the one you plan to imbue. Or buy those weapon from vendor (clean , no DI) and go to nearest soulforge, checking will cost you nothing! 

About whetstones: usual weapon my warriors are using is as follows (demon example)

It perfectly fits in 550 capacity of double axe I use for spawns, no need exceptional one, no need whetstones. I just reforge vendor axes. With lesser slayer (snake , spider, air elemental) you will even have some points left.  For your UEV you even don't need to reforge it, just POF it, imbue and go to Shame! 

Where whetstone is needed: one-hand weapon , including throwing  (450/500 capacity , 50 matters there a lot)
    Weapon reforged with overcapped hit spell (like 70 hit lightning) , weapon with hit spell imbued(takes more than hit area), 
    bowers also like having whetstones applied. 

axe.jpg 86.2K
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    @Gwen thanks you just saved me a ton of work on my axes, didn't realize that vendor ones would work for what I wanted and start without the damage increase. That's a hell of a lot less whetstones for me to farm. Now I need an answer for bladed staffs and bows!
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Riner said:
    @ Gwen thanks you just saved me a ton of work on my axes, didn't realize that vendor ones would work for what I wanted and start without the damage increase. That's a hell of a lot less whetstones for me to farm. Now I need an answer for bladed staffs and bows!
    For bows : take vendor bow (yumi and Composite have AP and AI) no need to reforge at first. They have 500 capacity when non - exceptional. POF them a little and imbue not to max capacity, this way you will need no void orbs etc, only  for slayer or balanced. Try bow in game. If your setup is good- then go farm whetstones,  you will  get more for imbuing 50 more points with exeptional and whetstone applied , reforge it so you will leech when  out of mana for special.....    No good- try another setup. 

Bladed staff have same capacity as double axe. But where you need whetstone is when you go 70% hit spell. That spends lots of points.    If you dont use Bushido often - drop it , get 110 parry and try Skull Longsword. Very underestimated weapon. Often sold pretty cheap , sometimes like 10-50k gold. Comes exceptional and with whetstone applied.  Having Grugor Shield (another cheap artifact) you will get 10 parry , 10 STR , 5 hp regen , etc.... And 10 SSI !!!!  

Go to UO wiki , or to soulforge to check  (or knuckleheads)  how much each maxed property costs. Some more, some- less. This knowledge is quite importnt when planning weapon for your template. 
  • popps said:

... if you're concerned with recouping the "cost" of a whetstone, just go farm them for free in Shame.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
    Riner said:
    @ Gwen thanks you just saved me a ton of work on my axes, didn't realize that vendor ones would work for what I wanted and start without the damage increase. That's a hell of a lot less whetstones for me to farm. Now I need an answer for bladed staffs and bows!
    Not sure if this is the right spot to discuss actual imbuing but I've found that I need all my comp bows to be exceptional if I want to maximize the properties (my typical build is HML/Hit Spell/Hit Velocity/HLD/ Open Mod) because each property is 110+ in weight (times 5 properties = 550+) and a non-exc bow only gets 500 points. This is where most of my whetstones go.
    @gwen more good ideas I appreciate them
    @keven2002 thanks I'll give that setup a try on the next magical short bows I make.
    keven2002 said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Gotcha.

Everything comes down to opportunity cost, this is no different. If you get the 60 shame crystals needed to summon all the bosses to get the whetstone (ie 12 UEV) or if you have more money than time and buy it, those are up to you if it's worth it for you.

Personally for me, yes whetstones are worth it. I think you are missing the big picture. If you have 100DI on your suit (from the UEV thread sounds like you do) then you do not need DI on your weapon. Even if it only costs 2 points, the bigger issue is that it's taking up a property slot (you only get 5). There are a dozen+ builds to weapons but if you went with HML/HSL/HLL/HLD/Hit Spell that's 5 right there. Or you could swap out and go with a slayer or maybe HLA or maybe you want a weapon that has hit fatigue/mana drain (those need to be reforged). Point is that there are several other properties that you can use in place on DI that help you kill stuff.... keeping DI on your weapon when you don't need it doesn't allow you to maximize your potential killing efficiency.

If you don't care about maximizing  your output because wheststones seem like a lot (time or gold) and not worth it that's only something that you can decide.
    I am not talking about a 5th property making it worth it... because, having 5 usefull properties rather then 4 usefull and 1 (DI) worthless because one has 100% DI already on the suit, of course that 5 usefull properties is better then 4....

I am more talking about the mere 50 imbuing weight which an exceptional weapon gets over a non-exceptional weapon... that is, 500 vs 450 imbuing weight...

Because, buying a NPC non-exceptional weapon still gives 5 properties room only, at a 450 imbuing weight rather then 500....

Considering that Whetstone can take over an hour of in-game work to get or, 10+ millions of ogp to buy in game, I wonder if those extra 50 imbuing weight are really worth the hassle....
    edited February 2023
    Gwen said:
    @ popps , first problem is you being ignorant as you always  are. Where website is asking you to select weapon , you need to SELECT WEAPON . This will give you correct imbuing capacity for the one you plan to imbue. Or buy those weapon from vendor (clean , no DI) and go to nearest soulforge, checking will cost you nothing! 

About whetstones: usual weapon my warriors are using is as follows (demon example)

It perfectly fits in 550 capacity of double axe I use for spawns, no need exceptional one, no need whetstones. I just reforge vendor axes. With lesser slayer (snake , spider, air elemental) you will even have some points left.  For your UEV you even don't need to reforge it, just POF it, imbue and go to Shame! 

Where whetstone is needed: one-hand weapon , including throwing  (450/500 capacity , 50 matters there a lot)
    Weapon reforged with overcapped hit spell (like 70 hit lightning) , weapon with hit spell imbued(takes more than hit area), 
    bowers also like having whetstones applied. 

@Gwen

Since you mentioned Weapon reforged with overcapped hit spell (like 70 hit lightning) , I have been reading around about these and, while indeed one can end up when reforging, with an overcapped hit spell at 70, the posts I have so far ended up finding, say that this cannot come with a 100% elemental damage (other then Physical) along... or, if this can happen, it is such a low chance that it might not be worth the runic hammers spent in the process.... this was, if I remember correctly, using Copper + Powerful + Slaughter .

May I ask, whether you have had better luck as these other players and if you got 100% Elemental Damage Weapons along with 70 overcapped hit spell and, if so, did you use Copper + Powerful + Slaughter or was it some other Runic hammer and Reforging combination ?

By the way, the posts I read mentioned specifically only Hit "Area" spells as possible to get with Copper + Powerful + Slaughter , not the direct Hits like you mentioned Hit Lightning....

What do you use to get "direct" Hit spells such as Hit Lightning that are overcapped at 70 ? And can you get them along with the non-Physical 100% Elemental Damage property ?
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:

I am not talking about a 5th property making it worth it... because, having 5 usefull properties rather then 4 usefull and 1 (DI) worthless because one has 100% DI already on the suit, of course that 5 usefull properties is better then 4....

I am more talking about the mere 50 imbuing weight which an exceptional weapon gets over a non-exceptional weapon... that is, 500 vs 450 imbuing weight...

Because, buying a NPC non-exceptional weapon still gives 5 properties room only, at a 450 imbuing weight rather then 500....

Considering that Whetstone can take over an hour of in-game work to get or, 10+ millions of ogp to buy in game, I wonder if those extra 50 imbuing weight are really worth the hassle....
    It's really not that difficult. Go to knuckleheads and start playing around with properties on a particular weapon. See where you land if you max all 5 properties that you want; are you above the non-exceptional weight or under? In the time it took you to reply to one of the post in the thread you could have figured that out.

You have yet to tell us what weapon you are trying to make. Judging from your post about UEV, I'd guess it's some sort of axe for your sampire. If that's the case, 2 handed weapons get a higher property weight which I'm not going to tell you because you can go figure that out by using the tool people have suggested.

You keep asking for the exact step by step tutorial down to the smallest detail when you could easily figure it out by just "doing it". 
    edited February 2023
    @keven2002 I think you are being very unfair, not everyone has the mental fortitude it takes to figure things out on their own. You assume that because it is overly easy to accomplish this task on your own that everyone is able to calculate with basic numbers in order to come to a conclusion which seems obvious to others. So please, in the future, refrain from presuming that no one here is a mental midget that must be walked through even the easiest of things step by step.
    @Riner
    One of the problems when trying to help Popps is, he does not tell you his goals or what he is trying to do.  He just presents his opinion on mob difficulty or an opinion about something like he did about the Gold ingots, he never would state what he was going to use them for after I asked 3 times.

He said he wants to kill EVs faster, he does not say why he is killing them in the first place.

If he would have said he wants to kill them to get a whetstone to take DI off a two handed swords weapon, a lot of posters would know that you do not need an exceptional weapon, because NPC bought weapon that has no DI Might have enough points to max out whatever 5 things he wants.
    He would need to state the 5 things he wants because you can not get some combinations without an exceptional weapon.

I answered the question, how do I kill them faster.  Some answers were given, now he is asking how to get silver snake skins.  Again he did not give the reason why. They are used for imbuing spell channeling.  Is he putting spell channeling on the weapon so he can cast while fighting the EV?  PSFTW told him to put Corpse Skin on the EV.

Does Popps not know you do not need spell channeling on your weapons or shield when casting Necro spells?

Or does Popps want silver snake skins for deco?  That is the most common thing I use them for.

If posters would give a good explanation of what they want, what they want to do with them, and what their over all goal is.  There would probably be a lot less trolling and snarky answers.

Look at Cookies post, His want may not be popular but because he went to great detail, it is very difficult to toss out a stupid reply because he covered the bases.  We know why he wants that particular money sink. 
    “I’m actually quite envious of popps. His gameplay is like when I first started: mining for ore for ingots to then blacksmith into armor.

As a PvPer I suffer from having a near unlimited supply of gold so end up buying most things and missing the content.

I enjoyed some actual gameplay the other day when I had to make a whole new suite of weapons without damage increase so needed a load of whetstones. And they were retailing at 15mill each. I noticed that the gems were only 7 mill per 60 so just smashed through the shame monsters saving 7 mill each run making it worth it. 

I remember one time vendor search was broken and I needed raptor teeth. Whirlwinding all these raptors coming out of nowhere was extremely fun.

I wish I was poor again”

Pawain said:
    @ Riner
    One of the problems when trying to help Popps is, he does not tell you his goals or what he is trying to do.  He just presents his opinion on mob difficulty or an opinion about something like he did about the Gold ingots, he never would state what he was going to use them for after I asked 3 times.

He said he wants to kill EVs faster, he does not say why he is killing them in the first place.

If he would have said he wants to kill them to get a whetstone to take DI off a two handed swords weapon, a lot of posters would know that you do not need an exceptional weapon, because NPC bought weapon that has no DI Might have enough points to max out whatever 5 things he wants.
    He would need to state the 5 things he wants because you can not get some combinations without an exceptional weapon.

I answered the question, how do I kill them faster.  Some answers were given, now he is asking how to get silver snake skins.  Again he did not give the reason why. They are used for imbuing spell channeling.  Is he putting spell channeling on the weapon so he can cast while fighting the EV?  PSFTW told him to put Corpse Skin on the EV.

Does Popps not know you do not need spell channeling on your weapons or shield when casting Necro spells?

Or does Popps want silver snake skins for deco?  That is the most common thing I use them for.

If posters would give a good explanation of what they want, what they want to do with them, and what their over all goal is.  There would probably be a lot less trolling and snarky answers.

Look at Cookies post, His want may not be popular but because he went to great detail, it is very difficult to toss out a stupid reply because he covered the bases.  We know why he wants that particular money sink. 
    Some answers were given, now he is asking how to get silver snake skins.  Again he did not give the reason why.

Entirely, total separate issues.... Ultima Online is a game of depth.... one can go one thing a moment, and an entirely different thing another...

Nonetheless, there "might " be some similarities seen in between the 2 issues.... players' enhanced enjoyment of a given spawn or acrivity in the game....

Just like the arguments which time and time back made the Ore Elementals spawns be discontinued are no longer valid, to my opinion, since with the various changes to the game the concern of players farming those ingots by killing those elementals are no longer an issue (IDOCs deleting stacks of resources, ingots obtainable from a range of varied ways, nowadays), and thus the Ore Elementals spawns above Shadow could be very well re-instated, the Silver Serpents spawn down the Tomb of Kings is also  an issue that revolves around UO players' better enjoyment of the game....

Having the "pool" of spawnable MoBs be the one and the same for Guardians and for Silver Serpents, inevitably can result, if one kills only 1 type of MoBs because they only seek 1 type of imbuing material, in all of the spawn becoming flooded with the other type of MoB thus forcing the player to have to kill a type of Monster which they do not need, just to trigger the spawn of the one type which they need to spawn and kill.

To me, this makes hardly any sense.... the "pools" should be separate so that if one kills a Silver Serpent only a Silver Serpent can spawn and the same should be for Guardians.

Then, if one wants to kill both, be my gueat.... but with 2 separate pools, those UO players only seeking to kill one type, could still do it and never run out of the wanted type yielding the wanted imbuing ingredient.

So, totally separate issues but, in a way, having in common the wish to see a more players' friendly UO, to my opinion.
    edited February 2023
    Yoshi said:
    “I’m actually quite envious of popps. His gameplay is like when I first started: mining for ore for ingots to then blacksmith into armor.

As a PvPer I suffer from having a near unlimited supply of gold so end up buying most things and missing the content.

I enjoyed some actual gameplay the other day when I had to make a whole new suite of weapons without damage increase so needed a load of whetstones. And they were retailing at 15mill each. I noticed that the gems were only 7 mill per 60 so just smashed through the shame monsters saving 7 mill each run making it worth it. 

I remember one time vendor search was broken and I needed raptor teeth. Whirlwinding all these raptors coming out of nowhere was extremely fun.

I wish I was poor again”

I tell ya.... being poor is a whole lot of fun !!! 

:smiley:

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I make my own excel sheet using VBA to calculate. I don't like to rely on 3rd party websites, who knows when they will last.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs