Unable to stay logged in to forum

I’m not sure why but I am not able to stay logged into the forums on my computer. I sign in and then when I change the page I am again signed out, I can repeat this multiple times without success. It also prevents me from posting from my computer. This started a few days before the weekend so I don’t believe it’s related to the expired certificate. I have cleared my cookies which didn’t help. I’m using Microsoft edge which is up to date. Also, I can stay logged in on my phone which is the only way I can currently post. Any help? Thanks

Comments

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited January 2023
    it has something to do with the profile, I went to my profile and then messages and then clicked on my most recent post, all while hitting "sign in" after each click. when I went to the last post it stayed logged in. No idea why it is doing that, could be a windows thing, a Windows 11 thing, or even quit possibly just a Vic thing.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    it has something to do with the profile, I went to my profile and then messages and then clicked on my most recent post, all while hitting "sign in" after each click. when I went to the last post it stayed logged in. No idea why it is doing that, could be a windows thing, a Windows 11 thing, or even quit possibly just a Vic thing.
    I don't think it's a windows 11 thing (or Vic thing) because I'm using windows 7 on this PC and had the same issue. I also ended up staying signed in after I clicked around things on my profile page (clicking sign in after each "refresh" page).
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    Thanks for the advice but even after going through every profile page I could find and serval old posts still nothing. Also, I tried chrome and had the same problem. Only place I seem to be able to stay logged in is on my phone. 
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Riner said:
    Thanks for the advice but even after going through every profile page I could find and serval old posts still nothing. Also, I tried chrome and had the same problem. Only place I seem to be able to stay logged in is on my phone. 
    Same for me.
    edited January 2023
    One question, @Merus and @Riner. Have you tried logging out on your phone and following the steps on your computer that we mentioned? I forgot to mention I did that. 

I wasn’t logged in on my phone when this started but I have logged out of it since and it made no difference. I’m going to try another computer in my house in a bit see if that one has the same problem or not. The phone and computer are sharing the same network so should eliminate that from the equation. 
  • Well, @keven2002 got logged out and cannot log in again, so the issue is still ongoing @Mariah

Tried another computer same problem so it’s not computer or browser specific. Has to be something on the forums end.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Riner said:
    Tried another computer same problem so it’s not computer or browser specific. Has to be something on the forums end.
    Agreed.
  • No. I have two accounts in the forum here (this one is the more active) and both are working just fine with Windows 11 and Chrome.
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    So far I've been able to log back in daily after that first day, I can only suggest keep trying :( The devs are aware.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I have started to experience this issue as well.  For me only Edge is affected.  I have no problem with Firefox.
    Not sure what changed but I went through some notifications and found after that I could stay logged in. ~shrugs~ 
    Update: I also have the problem on my Android phone while using Chrome. But not with Firefox on the phone.
    I read the notice that they believe this is a browser issue however, all my browsers have been up to date, and it is happening to people in many different browsers. Both of these conditions would preclude it being a browser issue. 
  • Riner said:
    I read the notice that they believe this is a browser issue however, all my browsers have been up to date, and it is happening to people in many different browsers. Both of these conditions would preclude it being a browser issue. 
    Agreed. and I had the Problem, but now don't. i have logged out naturally twice now (24hr log off) and have connected and stayed connected with the same browser i had issues with. no issue with any browser at this point.

Was fun well it lasted but I’m back to not being able to stay logged in on the computer. Have to say I’m perplexed.
    edited January 2023
    @Mariah @Rorschach

It just hit me again and i fixed again, this way.

Signed in, hit my Avatar, signed in, clicked Comments, signed in, clicked on the top comment and did not have to sign in.  it is currently keeping me logged in. I have updated (actually re-installed and checked update status again) Chrome. hope this helps figure it out.

@Mariah ;

I have still had issues logging in across multiple machines / browsers / etc.

I did what Vic suggested above which didn't work exactly as he listed but was a step in the right direction (for me at least). I kept clicking sign in every time and followed Vics steps but what worked for me was when I logged in and then clicked Preferences in the top right corner (that always seems to remain logged in even since these issues started) and then I clicked back on my profile and it remained logged in.

Might have just been random, not sure but I guess we will see tomorrow when it logs me out and I need to try to log back in.
    Well same worked for me, logged in, went to preferences, back to my profile, and now back logged in. Don't understand what the cause is but that seems to be the working solution for now. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Yall should use a professional browser such as Silk. It does not have this issue.  :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    It might be helpful to the devs if people included which browsers they are having problems with. For me it is Chrome and Edge. Both are chromium based.
    Also for me Firefox is working fine and it is not chromium based.
    mine is chrome and edge as well
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    update everything ! might help ?
    Skett said:
    update everything ! might help ?
    Everything is updated on my work laptop so I don't think that is the reason.
    try firefox its all i use no issues other than the every few hours getting logged out

Skett said:
    try firefox its all i use no issues other than the every few hours getting logged out

I might have to download that and give it a try if I'm unable to log back in after I get the 24hr bump here soon.
    not sure why but i have always got booted after a few hours or sometimes 24 hours but nothing like what you all getting
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Everyone has to re-log every 24 hours - even me!
    Sounds like @Larisa is still having issues getting in (and staying in). I still had issues this morning myself but using the "preference" strategy to click around seems to work better for getting the login to stick.

@Kyronix / @Bleak - Any idea what the issue is?