Pub 115 Feedback Thread

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited January 2023
    Larisa said:
    The 5 rabbits I killed I got eggs on all of them.

I have 6 thorns left, will use them all then post my results.

I also don't have my full luck suit on TC so I am only at 875

Okay so I just did 8 thorns in a row.

1. On Corpse
    2. On Corpse
    3. None
    4. Backpack Drop
    5. None
    6. Backpack Drop
    7. Backpack Drop
    8. None

5 out of 8

These are the three messages I got when I got the backpack drops

I wonder how this "Luck Chance" works....

I read 0:2700 which I assume is the possible range of Luck for these Event drops to take place (i.e., with a maxLuck of 2,700 worn a drop is guaranteed....).

But then, the 3 drops took place with 3 different figues : 1668 , 2478 and then 2529

The maxLuck , which I reckon is the Luck worn, is always the same = 875

What I do not understand, if 2,700 is the Luck "required" for a 100% "sure" drop chance, why then the 3 drops displayed 3 different drop Luck figures....

Perhaps, it means that the RNG "set" the drop chance to happen at a lower value as the 2,700, at 1,668 ; 2,478 and then 2,529 ?

But then, if so, how come that, with a MaxLuck of 875 which is below all those 3 numbers, you still got a drop all 3 times ?

I wonder how this Luck thing works.... anyone got a clue ?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited January 2023
    Honestly, i don't see much point to the Salvaging Station, since a Salvage Bag does much the same thing. If it allowed the salvaging of Wood from gear/furniture, Bone from Bone Armor, Granite from Stone Weapons/Armor, or Ingots/Leather from Whips, then it'd be useful. Currently all "failures" (not worth reforging/imbuing/enhancing) of those get trash canned since they can't be recycled.
    @Kyronix , please, please, PRETTY please..... in order to make the salvaging Station a more usefull and valuable Veteran Reward to claim, make it "also" a multi-materials crafting station....

That is, a container capable of holding unlimited quantities of materials (as all locked down containers can do....) which, locked down in a House, a crafter can access, in alternative to his/her main backpack, to craft items without the need to have to continuously drag the materials from a locked down container to their mainback.... this would help with BODs crafting and filling, enormously, making the process a whole lot less annoying and cumbersome.

And no, it would not help scripters.... scripters who want to automate the process of refilling their main backpack with the needed materials without getting overweight, can already do it, thanking to Third Party scripting utilities out there.... by making such a crafting station available to crafters, you would only help out regular crafters who do NOT use Third Party scripting utilities who risk, eventually, to get worn out by having to continuously have to drag materials from outside containers onto their main backpack when having to craft over and over to fill out multiple BODs.

And you would make this new Veteran Reward a usefull one, rather and a Veteran Reward with little appeal to players.

Thank you.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I plan to suggest on Europa that we re-run this event that we had before. I have 11k thorns, so we should have enough for the whole shard if they want to come
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/8511/governor-event-tuesday-7th-april#latest
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited January 2023
    Salvager

you can put items inside and anyone can access the crate
    (security settings is set to co-owner)
    but only the home owner can salvage items with it
    it does give the option to salvage, but gives this message 

when a co-owner uses it
    and also when the public tries to use it

if you leave the resources inside it, they poof
    (did this 3 times last night)
    you can't leave anything in it or they poof

working as intended?
    also when you axe it, it turns into a barrel
    is that supposed to happen?
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    I've looked at a few things on test and here are my initial thoughts. 

First, I'm thrilled that this all came out on test so early in the process. This allows for things to be looked at and feedback to be useful, so thank you! 

As for the vet rewards:
    Pixie – very nice. Not a must have but nice.
    Sand Vortex – really don't care for the art here, just seems off, sorry. 
    Moloch – love it! Great little statue
    BG’s Fishing Pole – like the idea but would be nice if it could be imbued or came with spell channeling and luck at least.
    Guild Flag – love it. The flag is great and the fact we can change it when we want makes it even better. Will note that I like the suggestion of a Jolly Roger Flag made earlier, hell pirates are a guild, right?
    Salvage Station – nice art but totally worthless. Not sure I would use a 7-year pick to have worthless art in my crafting area. So much easier and more convenient to use the bag as we can craft in the bag, remove what we want, and salvage the rest.
    Ethereal Frost Mite Mount – looks nice would be better if it could be retouched.
    Refinement Generator - interesting with great art - like the idea it generates random refinements, but it has a slow rate for an 11-year reward, making it more of a novelty than useful item. Also, would be nice if we could at least choose between deflection and reinforcement types. Definitely holds far too little, would be more useful as a storage for refinements holding 500 without item count than as a generator of things tossed in the trash regularly. Again, not sure I would use an 11-year pick for what is mostly new craft room art. 
    Valentine's Day Stuffys - these are cute and a nice gift. Should be blessed or at the very least insurable. Also, would be extra cool if they could be equipped. 

Finally, the Counterfeit Confederate - really like the idea of this quest. As far as drop rate for the eggs, so far, I have killed a limit number of them and found that in Fel with over 2400 luck I am getting 100% drop on eggs, and rarely one on corpse. So far killing the same one with a toon with 0 luck but in Fel is getting 50% drop on eggs, nothing in the corpses. Seems a pretty harsh drop for not having luck, as not everyone has a hunter with high luck. Otherwise, this part seems clever and clearly a more unique event. Might consider another option for getting green thorns as I'm not sure that everyone will plan ahead and have access to them, UO store item? 
    Curious about the rewards and cost. Also, which rewards we will see repeated. 

Overall looks promising to me, and again thank you for putting it on test early in the process, that's very much appreciated. 

Nice work,
    Riner
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    @keven2002 shared on Stratics that the Salvager crate has to be targeted with "I wish to secure this" before you can put anything in it or everything poofs.
    then you set security options
    (if this was intended, then there shouldn't be security options until it is secure)

most people will not know to do this.
    if that was intended you need to put it in the publish notes 
    and add the information to the wiki

I asumed that when the deed was placed
     that it was then a locked down and secure container
    when it isn't
  • CodyCody Posts: 30
    Needed PVP updates left out of yet another “publish” sigh.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "I can place house on test without it affecting house on other shards?
    warning message i receive says will affect all shards"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Yoshi said:
    "I can place house on test without it affecting house on other shards?
    warning message i receive says will affect all shards"

Yes - the warning message is generic on all shards, you can ignore it on test center
    edited January 2023
    "thanks"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    "Salvage station leave all Altered tailor/blacksmith items unsalvaged.

Thank you please"

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Fishing pole:

Spell Channeling 
    Elemental Slayer
    Reptile Slayer
    Luck 125

(like a Horselord bow)
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited January 2023
    Kyronix,

I was thinking about the fishing pole a bit more. Scuttlebutt seems to indicate you're considering adding Spell Channeling to the pole.

Since the pole can be enhanced and Spell Channeling is already one of the properties selectable by the player, why not add something else, something that can't be added normally by the player?

I'm thinking high luck, something consistent with a two-handed weapon. I don't know all the numbers off the top of my head, but it looks like the highest right/left hand slot luck is 190 (reforged then enhanced weapon/shield) x 2 = 380. Would you consider adding 400 Luck to the pole instead of Spell Channeling? Ring - bracelet max luck looks to be 450, so it would put the pole just below that.

Players would then have a choice, a tradeoff; enhance for Spell Channeling, or for an additional 40 Luck. The pole could end up as 400 Luck with Spell Channeling, or 440 Luck without Spell Channeling, depending on player choice.

This would allow fishers, who have to have both hands occupied by the pole, to fish with a max Luck suit.

Anyway, just some thoughts. 
    -Arroth
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    Merus said:
    Fishing pole:

Spell Channeling 
    Elemental Slayer
    Reptile Slayer
    Luck 125

(like a Horselord bow)
    My god yes
    For me it's strictly aesthetic but i want my fishermen to hold poles and my Bards to hold instruments 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    There's a new moongate in the Britain Commons that will take you to the Champ Spawn that will be coupled with Counterfeit Commodities, feel free to visit and provide feedback on:

Monsters in level spawn
    Champ Spawn Monster
    Participation Reward
    Boss Reward
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited January 2023
    I'm posting while waiting for mana to regen.

Well, the first boss we spawned is cra-crah. 

Does the boss change with each spawn?

Spawn:
    Alligator and Bogling
    Forest Ostard and Giant Serpent
    Dread Spider and Mud Pie
    Scorpion and Skree

Boss: Putrid Swamp Bog

No slayer
    No WoD
    Looks like someone finally got a Discord on it...

First version is:
    60 Fire
    70 Physical
    70 Cold
    100 Poison
    80 Energy

Respawns with 25% less health on Death.
    So:
    Spawns: 100%
    1st Death: 75%
    2nd Death: 50%
    3rd Death: 25%
    Finally killed.

There are six or seven of us....

This first fight is taking forever. For........ever.......

Tamers say not much healing required, but it's just a long slog.

Unless the boss changes with each spawn, this is going to be rough sledding on the smaller shards.

Boss doesn't have many interrupts at range, so Archers and Mages should be fine. Wraith form Death Ray might work well. I was able to run myself out of mana three consecutive times with Death Ray, not a single interrupt.

--

Participation reward are the counterfeit eggs.

I got 3 on the first wave, 1 on the second. Looks like some others got 4 as well. So that seems to be working. 6 players with 4 each would be 24 eggs during the spawn?

--

Champ Drop:

Hue 1018
    -Arroth
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Boots are nice, I didn't quite see what you said in game.

Cute name!

Fight took awhile, maybe make it regen only once? 

Same rules as the others, you only get the drop if you work at least from lvl 2?

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited January 2023
    Kyronix said:
    There's a new moongate in the Britain Commons that will take you to the Champ Spawn that will be coupled with Counterfeit Commodities, feel free to visit and provide feedback on:

Monsters in level spawn
    Champ Spawn Monster
    Participation Reward
    Boss Reward
    Not sure if this is the spot that will be used but it is not a good place for tamers.  Pets go up the mesas and get stuck.  Pets also try to attack things on the mesas and the pet can not navigate to the mob so the pet just stands there trying to attack.

I got sufficient egg drops.  Can you make the Eggs look and act like mysterious Cubes instead of eggs?
    I need more walls!

If it is used for this:
    Mobs are interesting.
    Players dislike a Boss that regens HP like the 75/50/25.  Not fun.
    Not sure what I think of the shoes. I do not think I want 50 of them. The Boots of escaping are hard to beat.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Kyronix said:
    -Vet Rewards
    -Valentine's Day Stuffys
    -Counterfeit Commodities

Thanks for adding Bill Gate's fishing pole!  210 luck would be consistent with 2 handed archery weapons max enhance (170+40).

Is there a list of bug fixes for this publish?

Thanks!
    Has the pole been updated 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Does Luck effect fishing?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Luck – Ultima Online (uo.com)

Luck will affect the following systems,
    • SoS Chests
    • Dredging Hooks
    -Arroth
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    I run 2529 luck with out stone to do AoS , SoS and dredge hooks very very few legendary from AoS It should effect fishing as well imho

• I assume that all upcoming veteran rewards are blessed, similar to the old ones. If so, please make sure that the fishing pole is also blessed, which would be another improvement over the current one I am using.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    The boots are really nice with plus 6 to primary stats vs Boots of Escaping 4, as I have str and dex max, I could move the base stats around to put more into int with these. I still prefer any of the roof footwear depending on build but for easy to get footwear, very nice. 
  • DestinyDestiny Posts: 10
    Lootdude said:
    I assume that all upcoming veteran rewards are blessed, similar to the old ones. If so, please make sure that the fishing pole is also blessed, which would be another improvement over the current one I am using.

The fishing pole is blessed :)

Pawain said:
    Kyronix said:

Monsters in level spawn
    Champ Spawn Monster
    Participation Reward
    Boss Reward
    Not sure if this is the spot that will be used but it is not a good place for tamers.  Pets go up the mesas and get stuck.  Pets also try to attack things on the mesas and the pet can not navigate to the mob so the pet just stands there trying to attack.

I got sufficient egg drops.  Can you make the Eggs look and act like mysterious Cubes instead of eggs?
    I need more walls!

If it is used for this:
    Mobs are interesting.
    Players dislike a Boss that regens HP like the 75/50/25.  Not fun.
    Not sure what I think of the shoes. I do not think I want 50 of them. The Boots of escaping are hard to beat.

I wanted to tell Allen to quit asking for the easy button but agree the terrain there is terrible worse than the area around champ spawn on fel side
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Yes I for sure won't be using my tamer for this one! You just gotta adjust....not everything is tamer-friendly.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Grimbeard said:I wanted to tell Allen to quit asking for the easy button but agree the terrain there is terrible worse than the area around champ spawn on fel side
    I wondered how far apart the two altars were, so I went to have a look in Fel.
    here's the map, the larger skull is the test center location

If that proves to be the actual intended location I'll be using an archer, so I can clear the ledges while other chars clear the open areas.