Pro Tip: Start growing Bright Green - Snake Plants or Barrel Cacti.

You will probably want thorns this Spring.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/plant-growing/

Can use plant pots from Provisioner if you do not have a Garden Bed.
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Already planted 54 seeds
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    Yesterday I cleared out my orange plants and replaced with green ones after I bought up the the cheap green thorms on VS
  • I'm assuming they'll be useful for something new soon? (guess i missed whatever it is)
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    the new event requires green thorns  
  • Skett said:
    the New ToT coming this spring?

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Skett said:
    I hope it's only part  of the event 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited January 2023
    Well, anyone has a rough estimate of how many green Thorns might be reasonably necessary in order to get sufficient eggs to then claim whatever rewards might be worth claiming ?

Tens of Green Thorns ?
    Hundreds of Green Thorns ?
    Thousands of Green Thorns ?
    Tens of Thousands of Green Thorns ?
    An unimited amount of green Thorns ?

Of course, mine is sarcasm....

I am only trying to tell to @Kyronix , to keep in mine, well in mind, when "pricing" the amount of Points that Rewards will cost, that not all players might have tons upon tons of Green Thorns stocked away....

Please, do not think just about power gamers, think also about regular, ordinary gamers...

Thanks.
    popps said:
    Well, anyone has a rough estimate of how many green Thorns might be reasonably necessary in order to get sufficient eggs to then claim whatever rewards might be worth claiming ?

Tens of Green Thorns ?

I am only trying to tell to @ Kyronix , to keep in mine, well in mind, when "pricing" the amount of Points that Rewards will cost, that not all players might have tons upon tons of Green Thorns stocked away....

Please, do not think just about power gamers, think also about regular, ordinary gamers...

Thanks.
    Less posting more planting would be my suggestion 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited January 2023
    @popps how many thorns have you planted on Test Center and how many counterfeit eggs did you get?   

Maybe you could go find out how many you may need.

You can get eggs from the Champ spawn also.
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:

Tens of Green Thorns ?

I am only trying to tell to @ Kyronix , to keep in mine, well in mind, when "pricing" the amount of Points that Rewards will cost, that not all players might have tons upon tons of Green Thorns stocked away....

Thanks.
    I seem to have mentioned "normal, average" players vs. "power gamers"....

Not all players are "up to date" to what might be current in Ultima Online....

Hence, how many UO players might know about the upcoming need for Green Thorns thus having time to plant seeds and start growing plants to collect Green Thorns ?

Sure, the UO power gamers who browse the Forums and play daily will know.... but what about the others who are not regulars and always up to date with all things UO ?

Couldn't they get caught by surprise, when the Event starts, and have no Green Thorns or very little to use ?

I am just saying, to keep in mind ALL UO players, not just the power gamers, when deciding how many points and, thus, eggs, the Rewards will cost....

Not to mention, that walking by an egg and just picking it up as it was in the past Event, is way, but waaaay a faster process as compared to have to spawn a bunny, kill it, and collect an egg.... not to mention also the downtime in between spawns of bunnies... the collection of eggs with the new way, albeit better to avoid being scripted, will be much slower as the previous eggs collection...

Hence, my point that the cost for Rewards should take into account this increased difficulty and slowness.
  • popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:

Tens of Green Thorns ?

Thanks.

Hence, how many UO players might know about the upcoming need for Green Thorns thus having time to plant seeds and start growing plants to collect Green Thorns ?

Sure, the UO power gamers who browse the Forums and play daily will know.... but what about the others who are not regulars and always up to date with all things UO ?

Couldn't they get caught by surprise, when the Event starts, and have no Green Thorns or very little to use ?

I am just saying, to keep in mind ALL UO players, not just the power gamers, when deciding how many points and, thus, eggs, the Rewards will cost....

Not to mention, that walking by an egg and just picking it up as it was in the past Event, is way, but waaaay a faster process as compared to have to spawn a bunny, kill it, and collect an egg.... not to mention also the downtime in between spawns of bunnies... the collection of eggs with the new way, albeit better to avoid being scripted, will be much slower as the previous eggs collection...

Hence, my point that the cost for Rewards should take into account this increased difficulty and slowness.
    To clarify

UO players = Popps
    Some players = Popps
    players = Popps
    Me = Popps
    Players want = Popps

you do not speak for, or represent the players
    yet you still feel the need to fly that champion flag

I for one don't need your representation, I can work this out for myself

So please, in future just be honest and focus on the questions for YOURSELF

Every post you make out that the players are affected when it is only you

start growing seeds   do it NOW as per this posts suggests.How on earth can you derail this simple piece of advice???
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    do you need the rustic themepack to use a raised garden bet?
  • Smoot said:
    do you need the rustic themepack to use a raised garden bet?
    yes,  so even if you buy a bed from a vendor (if you can find one) you have to have the expansion on the acct
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    popps said:

Any player who has read the publish notes. You don't have to be a 'power gamer' or even a forum poster to read publish notes, they're there on the uo.com front page and referenced on the log in page when you boot up the game. It is now the end of January, the thorns are not needed until April and May. This 'molehill' will not become a 'mountain' please!
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:

Tens of Green Thorns ?

Thanks.

Just want to add this as you can spawn a bunny every 3 minutes and kill it solo in less than a minute you can get up to 20 eggs an hour. Go with two friends and spawn them back to back you each could get up to 60 eggs an hour. I killed them both with an average Cu and archer. It would seem the two biggest limits to eggs will be green thorns and luck. Build a luck suit, hunt in Fel and start growing now. Shouldn’t be to hard to get eggs. 
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:

Tens of Green Thorns ?

Thanks.

You didn't notice the  login page where everyone power or once a year player has to log in with the details about needing Thorns 
    edited January 2023
    Riner said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:

Tens of Green Thorns ?

Thanks.

Just want to add this as you can spawn a bunny every 3 minutes and kill it solo in less than a minute you can get up to 20 eggs an hour. Go with two friends and spawn them back to back you each could get up to 60 eggs an hour. I killed them both with an average Cu and archer. It would seem the two biggest limits to eggs will be green thorns and luck. Build a luck suit, hunt in Fel and start growing now. Shouldn’t be to hard to get eggs. 
    Yes, but compare this with the little time to gather 1 egg when the eggs where just collected running around and picking them up...

Even if one might think that 4 minutes for the process to collect an egg through killing a bunny is a short time, it still is a whole lot more as compared to just running around and picking up eggs as it was for last Event.

Therefore, if the Developers will "price" the Rewards as they did with the Event when eggs were picked up merely walking by them, this will result in a LOT more time needed now that players will have to kill Bunnies, wait down times and all that.

What I am trying to say is, that since the collection of eggs will significantly take up more players time as it did with the previous Event, in order not to penalize players overly, Rewards should now reflect this increased time and, thus, cost less points.
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:

Tens of Green Thorns ?

Thanks.

When you log in each day are you telling others in chat that the Spring Event and Vet rewards are on Test Center?

Then tell them to start growing thorns of you really want to help these other players.

@Mariah and others.  You can put the thorns in stacks of 10 on your Harold? And make a key word to distribute them.
  • TchallaTchalla Posts: 24
    Anyone that doesn't know about the green thorns before the event begins will more than likely have someone on their shard that is selling them. I told my wife to get started on growing them instead of orange petals for the upcoming event. She should have plenty and will most likely sell quite a few.

I for one hope they do not make the event rewards easier to obtain. There are too many games out there that just hand you stuff. It's not bad to have to spend some time getting things worth getting. If you don't want to take the time, buy whatever you want afterwards, and in the meantime, go out and do things that you enjoy doing.

Just my two cents.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited January 2023
    Mariah said:
    popps said:

Any player who has read the publish notes. You don't have to be a 'power gamer' or even a forum poster to read publish notes, they're there on the uo.com front page and referenced on the log in page when you boot up the game. It is now the end of January, the thorns are not needed until April and May. This 'molehill' will not become a 'mountain' please!

i do get his point.  without knowing the rewards, its a relatively high either time, or money investment to obtain the thorns which means risk that your game investment would be worthless if we dont know what rewards are, or how many eggs to get one.  thats not something the average player really does even if there is access to the pub notes.  id say the average player plays content once its released, without much preparation.  which wont really be possible if theres no thorns available, or all available are price-gouged.  

edited January 2023
    Tchalla said:
    Anyone that doesn't know about the green thorns before the event begins will more than likely have someone on their shard that is selling them. I told my wife to get started on growing them instead of orange petals for the upcoming event. She should have plenty and will most likely sell quite a few.

I for one hope they do not make the event rewards easier to obtain. There are too many games out there that just hand you stuff. It's not bad to have to spend some time getting things worth getting. If you don't want to take the time, buy whatever you want afterwards, and in the meantime, go out and do things that you enjoy doing.

Just my two cents.
    Well, to my opinion, it is precisely the time consuming that it takes to get certain items which gives reasons to some players to script, sometimes automatedly, to get those items.

Time is the real commodity of value, me thinks, and many players simply cannot afford spending too much time in a game.....

So what do they do ?

Either they might  resort to scripting themselves or they might spend real money to buy gold or the actual hard to get items and this "in-game gold market" what does it promote ?

Scripting.....

Players using multi-botting, sometimes AFK and using scripted unautorized (illegal, to my understanding, according to the TOS) Third Party Utilities to get those hard to get and time consuming items so as to then sell them for lots of gold to then sell the gold for real money....

My argument being, to my opinion, that this policy of items being too time consuming and hard to get in the end, promotes activities which eventually hurt the game.... scripting, Real Money Trades and all that.

Conversely, if items were to be made more reasonable and less time consuming to get, players would get them themselves without having to spend ridicolous amounts of their time in the process, would thus not need to have to script, and Real Money Traders would then not have buyers and would thus disappear....

At least, that is how I see it.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Plant according to how much you will be playing.  I abandoned an additional 126 not bright green seedings 4 days early so I could bring my current production of bright green barrel cacti and snake plants to 180. In 15 days I will have 1,440 green thorns.  Then 18 days after that I will have another 1,440 green thorns. etc.
    edited January 2023
    @popps your opinions on time consuming and scripting would apply to any game that requires you to do A to get B.

We play on computers. Computers automate things.

The devs of UO can not change computers from doing things on their own. Unless they require us to use windows 3.11 for workgroups or just DOS.

I'm at cheddars eating a burger. My computer is at home doing things on its own.
    edited January 2023
    Pawain said:
    @ popps your opinions on time consuming and scripting would apply to any game that requires you to do A to get B.

We play on computers. Computers automate things.

The devs of UO can not change computers from doing things on their own. Unless they require us to use windows 3.11 for workgroups or just DOS.

I'm at cheddar eating a burger. My computer is at home doing things on its own.
    And ?

I am talking about "motifs"......

If items are too much time consuming to get, then players might have a stronger motivation to either use scripts to get them, or use real money to buy them (or the gold needed to buy them) from other players who might use scripts to better "streamline" the getting of them.

If, instead, the items, by Design, were NOT made so much time consuming to get, then players would not feel the need to neither use scripts to get them, nor to use real money to buy them from other players or to buy the gold to then buy them in the game from other players who, maybe, could be using scripts to get them a go-go to monetize on that....

That is, is my argument, to my opinion, I see the time consuming and hardness to get certain items in the game as the NUMBER ONE reason to cause 1) Scripting and 2) Real Money Trades.

It is my understanding that many players hate both... the scripting and the RMTs.... then, why do we insist of wanting to keep a Design that actually incentivates the use of both, rather then a Design that would give no reasons to players to script or do RMTs ?

I do not get it, honestly.
    Time is relative. The devs can not make the game so that players who play an hour a week will be equal to those that play 5 to 8 hours a day.

Sounds like you need an offline game that has cheat codes.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 882
    edited January 2023
    STOP BEING BORING POPPS

"many players" = POPPS

Plant seeds, pick thorns. kill things

ITS A GAME

its simple

it not even live yet and you are killing it

not even your thread is it

Thanks Pawain for the heads up

Mariah Popps has killed yet another thread

• A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Pawain said:

I'm at cheddars eating a burger. My computer is at home doing things on its own.
    And boom just like that we now know you macro unattended  :D
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

And boom just like that we now know you macro unattended  :D
    No was not on UO.  Im part of the Greg Abbott Crypto Mining task force.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    lol
This discussion has been closed.