Crafted Doors Housing Security Issue

2»

Comments

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Pawain said:
    Herot style Custom House.

I Took a character made years ago to his house.  I could not open the entry doors. while alive.
    Owner killed me outside the house. I could then enter house and go thru doors as a ghost.

The Herot Design is an open floor plan. It has no doors that would stop a player from entering.
    Therefor his doors must be crafted.

It is either an issue with crafted doors or custom homes that are created open.

This issue is on Public homes only.  Unknown Ghosts can not enter the private homes foundation.

@ Yoshi  I recall reading a post about crafted doors and security issues long ago.

Someone can test a crafted door in a non Custom house and see if it is the crafted doors. 
    @ Grimbeard can build it and @ popps can test.  
    Thanks for coming out to test and make sure I’m not crazy.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited January 2023
    @Mariah you can get rid of the non essential comments and move to Bug Forum Thanks.

Crafted Doors, Both Stone and Metal.

If security is set to preclude anyone from entry it only works on Live players.

Player above died from a Bear attack but was able to enter doors that should have blocked him.

Doors in this case set to owner only. In a custom house set to public. Ghost can not walk thru crafted walls, just doors.

Expected result:
    The ghost player should have been blocked from entry like they were when alive.

Ghosts can not enter excluded doors of a Classic house or Customized house using doors from the Design menu.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Thread cleaned and moved.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,896
    Can we change title to crafted doors security issues as this is not really a house security issue
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited January 2023
    "now it looks like I disputed the issue, when actually i only disputed the original claim on normal doors,
    should've just created a new thread, this is a mess"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Grimbeard said:
    Can we change title to crafted doors security issues as this is not really a house security issue
    Do you encounter a lot of crafted doors anywhere but in a house?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,896
    Merus said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Do you encounter a lot of crafted doors anywhere but in a house?
    I made my point in the original thread and they were deleted i see no point in repeating i do feel the title is misleading as it's not at all a house security issue it's a specific choice a player has made issue