Newsletter #15

Since it doesn't post, and there's no thread for it...which there should be

https://mailchi.mp/broadsword/uo-newsletter-15?e=8361f23ccf

(Thank you Bonnie for my historic banner for my home)

My heart stopped for a minute when I saw the picture of the EGGS!!! *shivers*

Great concept, not so great execution. If there will be another collect things instead of fighting in the dungeon, which I LOVE! Hopefully it runs smoother this time around!

Will wait to see the new vet rewards on TC (Hopefully?) before asking questions.

Thanks team, things look good!

Comments

• HippoHippo Posts: 267
    It was a nice option to gather during an event rather than just kill stuff. Hopefully there will be a way to hinder the scripters this time but the only shard I found that was hard to work around was ATL.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Can't wait to see the fishing pole!!
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Hippo said:
    It was a nice option to gather during an event rather than just kill stuff. Hopefully there will be a way to hinder the scripters this time but the only shard I found that was hard to work around was ATL.

I had such an enjoyable time stealing the eggs from the recall vacuum bots. I highly recommend everyone try it. 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited January 2023
    Would not mind having another collecting eggs option to fighting in a dungeon type event.  Enjoyed the last one.  But fear UO would just use the unproven bot identifier program to again flag innocent players like it at the archlich event.

Was glad to see this newsletter shedding light on some issues but don’t understand UO’s dead silence regarding the afk identifier’s program routinely flagging innocent players at the last event.  I did not mind so much being flagged, that happens.  But UO’s indifference to the needs of those of us innocent of any wrongdoing astounded me.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited January 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Can't wait to see the fishing pole!!
    Looks like you got your way, fair enough, good luck :)
  • I can’t believe the devs think it’s is in any way acceptable  that we have to waste vet reward picks to allow chars such as legendary fishermen to not fish up boots.  Pathetic really.  Why can’t they just correct the obvious error. So as an example I will have to waste 5 vet picks or pay 60 million plus per vet pick from vendors.  
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    edited January 2023
    I agree if this new fishing pole isn’t in line with what we or could now no one is going to use it. My pole has 129 luck spell channeling and something else. 
    So it needs to be at least spell channeling and 150 to 250 luck imho to pick it otherwise it’s just deco 
  • Beared Grim's fishing pole should just be a plain fishing pole, Hue 0, with no mods, cannot be imbued, cannot be reforged, cannot be enhanced, cannot be the target or receiver of a transmog, and must be equipped to function.  

That would be epic.
    -Arroth
    edited January 2023
    I see your point 
    Beared Grim's fishing pole should just be a plain fishing pole, Hue 0, with no mods, cannot be imbued, cannot be reforged, cannot be enhanced, cannot be the target or receiver of a transmog, and must be equipped to function.  

That would be epic.
    Yarrrr nows me has to come to ye shard and sink yous
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited January 2023
    @Grimbeard

You ever read the story of the 3 wishes from the Djinn? You have to be extremely careful with what you ask for.

Also, that fishing pole might just be looped into the Singing Ball code so that it constantly communicates with you on every cast...

"Oh...........A fishing we will go, a fishing we will GO!!!!! High ho the derrie 'O, a FISHING we will go!"

Over and over and over again, endlessly.
    -Arroth
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    I can’t believe the devs think it’s is in any way acceptable  that we have to waste vet reward picks to allow chars such as legendary fishermen to not fish up boots.  Pathetic really.  Why can’t they just correct the obvious error. So as an example I will have to waste 5 vet picks or pay 60 million plus per vet pick from vendors.  
    “I’m not understanding this complaint sorry my reading skills aren’t very good.
    If you don’t like the vet reward, there are other vet rewards to choose.

Or you’re saying the item is so good that you….want it?
    in which case, shouldn’t you be praising the reward.
    it’s very confusing post to me” 
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    it does look like a trick ill have to admit
  • @Skett

It's possible the dev team is communicating very effectively here and that Grim's fishing pole will be released in the same patch that:
    • Fisher's with more than 80.0 fishing skill will no longer catch footwear

I'd do it if I was a dev.  >:)

It's also possible the pole will be a fencing weapon and the target of a transmog to sell potions in the store. I'd do that too if I was a dev. Ah, the options.
    -Arroth
    @ Skett

It's possible the dev team is communicating very effectively here and that Grim's fishing pole will be released in the same patch that:
    • Fisher's with more than 80.0 fishing skill will no longer catch footwear

I'd do it if I was a dev.  >:)

It's also possible the pole will be a fencing weapon and the target of a transmog to sell potions in the store. I'd do that too if I was a dev. Ah, the options.
    A two tile weapon that uses fishing ;)
    im hoping its far more than just no foot wear
    When are vet rewards typically released? 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited January 2023
    It should be a tile you can place on a ship that constantly fishes by itself  and puts the fish directly into the hold and fills any current orders.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    talk about easy button
    Pawain said:
    It should be a tile you can place on a ship that constantly fishes by itself  and puts the fish directly into the hold and fills any current orders.
    No but an actual functional hold would be nice right now to drop fish into it you have to hit it on the edge in right spot not to mention it's a secured container that's not a secured container 
    ya that needs fixed the secured issue really is lame and also needs to be at least a 1000 items i do a 50 sos at a time
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Grimbeard said:
    The newsletter says first half of 2023 and I think the rewards last year were around mid-year I think so probably April/May?

It's interesting they are making they are making this fishing pole a vet reward instead of a fishing reward (it would be a good secondary reward for a 120 fishing PS). Since they are making it a Vet reward instead it should be blessed and given a fishing pole must be equipped to use I think it should probably be spell channeling (no -1). 

Outside of that I don't see them doing much else with it because it doesn't make much sense to have a "best in slot" type item be a vet reward; can you imagine the blow back if stuff like the wildfire mask / balron chest / archlich gloves were vet rewards instead of dungeon drop rewards?
    keven2002 said:
    Grimbeard said:
    The newsletter says first half of 2023 and I think the rewards last year were around mid-year I think so probably April/May?

It's interesting they are making they are making this fishing pole a vet reward instead of a fishing reward (it would be a good secondary reward for a 120 fishing PS). Since they are making it a Vet reward instead it should be blessed and given a fishing pole must be equipped to use I think it should probably be spell channeling (no -1). 

Outside of that I don't see them doing much else with it because it doesn't make much sense to have a "best in slot" type item be a vet reward; can you imagine the blow back if stuff like the wildfire mask / balron chest / archlich gloves were vet rewards instead of dungeon drop rewards?
    I agree 100% but we have to take our small victories where we get them 
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I would love to see a fishmonger basket that functions like a alacrity book and holds up to 5000 of each fish/lobster/crab.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Merus said:
    I would love to see a fishmonger basket that functions like a alacrity book and holds up to 5000 of each fish/lobster/crab.
    I would love to see, among the other Loyalties for a character, that also the Reputation with the Fishmongers was to be shown....

I mean, we can see Town loyalty, Loyalty with the Gargoyle Queen, Ophidian, Bane Chosen, Meer, Juka, Dungeon Crystal Points, the Void Pool points, but not what the Reputation is with the Fishmongers ?

I don't get it....
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    popps said:

I don't get it....

Welcome to the club where we all have at least 1 issue we're scratching our head trying to figure out why.