Crafted Doors Housing Security Issue

MerusMerus Posts: 656
edited January 2023 in Bugs
@Kyronix @Mesanna

Please consider adding the following change regarding housing security to an upcoming patch:

Add a restriction that ghosts passing through doors follows the same permissions as opening doors. 

Currently ghosts can enter a public house and pass through doors even if the door security is set to co-owner.  It would be preferable if the door was treated as an impassable object if the ghost doesn’t meet the security settings.

edit by Mariah, moving to bugs as this has been proven to be a problem affecting only crafted doors.

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    I agree, this needs to be fixed.
  • Makes sense to me.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited January 2023

"ghosts already have same access permissions

there, fixed this for you

the OP has given factually inaccurate information, and the other posters in this thread have jumped on said bandwagon without knowledge otherwise, and without checking"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    They have a Creepy Portrait?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    edited January 2023
    Yoshi said:

the OP has given factually inaccurate information, and the other posters in this thread have jumped on said bandwagon without knowledge otherwise, and without checking"
    Not according to my test yesterday.

I found an un-allianced character, brought it to my fel house and killed them.  Their ghost was able to walk through all the doors in my house despite the permissions on my doors being set.  
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    So you have a public house that the doors are set to what ? 
    edited January 2023
    Skett said:
    So you have a public house that the doors are set to what ? 
    Public house in Fel with doors set to alliance, though I tried a few different settings.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    edited January 2023
    Yoshi said:

It really doesn't behoove you to make public presumptuous statements about others. You might want actually check in with the individuals first before you speak for them.

edited January 2023
    "was the char you used as a ghost a friend to the house?
    I just tried alliance security setting on door and non affiliated ghost still could not enter

please note, if one character is made a co-owner of the house, all characters on that account are accessed"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    "was the char you used as a ghost a friend to the house?
    I just tried alliance security setting on door and non affiliated ghost still could not enter

please note, if one character is made a co-owner of the house, all characters on that account are accessed"
    No, the person was not a co-owner or friend of the house.  He did have a different character in the alliance, but it was my understanding that those settings were character specific, not tied to the account.
    "is one of the characters on the ghost's account co-owned?"
    Yoshi said:
    "is one of the characters on the ghost's account co-owned?"
    No.
    It seems if you allow 1 person in an alliance as a ghost to inter only that person should be allowed to not all their other characters. I could this being abused. 

If I’m understanding this right I can’t believe they’d ever allow this to happen and haven’t done a hot fix to stop the grief
    edited January 2023
    Skett said:
    It seems if you allow 1 person in an alliance as a ghost to inter only that person should be allowed to not all their other characters.

"I can't reproduce this, as a ghost still can't access through doors set to alliance, on a char on an account that has another character as alliance member, or on a char that has another char set as friend,

anything co-owner or less is (or at least should be) char specific"

I’ll be on Napa in about an hour and anyone who wants to test with me can message in GC.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited January 2023
    I just tried it with an EJ character I had a lizardman kill. 

Setting the doors to everyone let the ghost EJ character into my public Fel Keep.

Setting the doors to co-owners blocked the ghost EJ character from entering my public Fel Keep.

If I opened the doors the ghost EJ character was able to enter my public Fel Keep through the open door but was unable to leave the keep once the door closed.  I caught a ghost.
    did you try alliance ?
    I’m on Napa now.  I brought out an EJ account.  I confirmed that alive he cannot open the doors with them set to alliance.  Dead he can pass though both the tinker made doors and the prefab doors.  Strangely enough he can walk through some of the secret wall doors, but not others.  Call in GC on Napa and I’ll show you.
    are the doors he can pass through facing east or south ? trying to narrow down the problem
    this needs fixed 
    Skett said:
    are the doors he can pass through facing east or south ? trying to narrow down the problem
    this needs fixed 
    Ghost can pass through doors facing both directions, some open in and some open out.
    Merus said:
    I’m on Napa now.  I brought out an EJ account.  I confirmed that alive he cannot open the doors with them set to alliance.  Dead he can pass though both the tinker made doors and the prefab doors.  Strangely enough he can walk through some of the secret wall doors, but not others.  Call in GC on Napa and I’ll show you.
    Looks like one of the secret wall doors was still set to anyone, set as alliance, he can’t pass through any of the secret wall doors.
    seems like it would be a simple fix for the devs but might melt the last meatball in the spaghetti
    Narrowing it down more, the interior prefab doors seem to be working (they were still set to anyone)… it’s only the tinker made exterior doors that don’t work correctly.

Hence, @Kyronix @Mesanna, I amend my request to be that the tinker made doors function the same as the prefab doors when it comes to ghosts and house security.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    Merus said:
    Narrowing it down more, the interior prefab doors seem to be working (they were still set to anyone)… it’s only the tinker made exterior doors that don’t work correctly.

Hence, @ Kyronix @ Mesanna, I amend my request to be that the tinker made doors function the same as the prefab doors when it comes to ghosts and house security.
    I assume none of the outer doors can be tinker made?
    Grimbeard said:
    Merus said:

Hence, @ Kyronix @ Mesanna, I amend my request to be that the tinker made doors function the same as the prefab doors when it comes to ghosts and house security.
    I assume none of the outer doors can be tinker made?
    It’s one of the new custom castle designs, both sets of exterior doors to limit access to the interior of the house are tinker made since it’s a very open concept design.
    Hopefully it’s an easy fix 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    Couldn't you just change house design? Not to sound rude but this is a issue that would affect maybe 1% of the population and really deserves 0 developers attention..
    The 1% rules now please try to keep up 

:* 
    Grimbeard said:
    Couldn't you just change house design? Not to sound rude but this is a issue that would affect maybe 1% of the population and really deserves 0 developers attention..
    It’s a custom castle design… the only way to change it without placing a different house entirely would be exactly what I’ve done… customize the layout with the tinker/mason craftables.  I don’t want open archways, but would still like to have an entrance or exit… hence the doors.  Expecting them to work like other doors doesn’t seem to unreasonable.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited January 2023
    Herot style Custom House.

I Took a character made years ago to his house.  I could not open the entry doors. while alive.
    Owner killed me outside the house. I could then enter house and go thru doors as a ghost.

The Herot Design is an open floor plan. It has no doors that would stop a player from entering.
    Therefor his doors must be crafted.

It is either an issue with crafted doors or custom homes that are created open.

This issue is on Public homes only.  Unknown Ghosts can not enter the private homes foundation.

@Yoshi ; I recall reading a post about crafted doors and security issues long ago.

Someone can test a crafted door in a non Custom house and see if it is the crafted doors. 
    @Grimbeard can build it and @popps can test.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.