Halfway through January where are the developers?

2»

Comments

• I wonder how they are going to stop the scripting auto recall gathering egg cheats this time. Assuming that is what its going to be........
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Skett said:
    Same here but it’s in game :( 

I just wish they’d make the fishing pole exceptional and make so we can imbue it 

I’ve gone through 100s of runic kits trying to get a good pole.  Also make it one handed lol 
    they need to make them engraveable too
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Mariah said:
    Vet rewards are very cool.

Frost Mite Ethy!
    New Statues
    Refinement Workbench and Salvage Station.  Hopefully animated. They look awesome.

NPC Guild Flags!
    I know others use the signs. Flags r cool!

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • JohnKnighthawkeJohnKnighthawke Posts: 406
    edited January 2023
    On the negative side: I continue to maintain that a lot of the stuff they're advertising for New Legacy (for example, those NPC guild quests) make more sense in the main game.

Oh well.
  • On the positive side: It's good to see things planned for several months in. UO's beginning to resemble DAoC, its sister game, in this respect, and that's a good thing.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    On the negative side: I continue to maintain that a lot of the stuff they're advertising for New Legacy (for example, those NPC guild quests) make more sense in the main game.

Oh well.

That is what they can do.  Move popular things from NL into UO.  Good place to test. A shard that gets wiped. Save the good things that worked. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    After reading the news letter I have a few thoughts. First I am glad some communication has happened on the direction of things to come. I don’t however see much to get excited about. The new veteran rewards leave me feeling uninspired and unlikely things I would pick, with the possible exception of the fishing pole. I do hope others find enjoyment in them. The upcoming events hinted at again seem rather poor copies of last years egg hunt. I am glad that they seem closer to the release of NL not because I have any intent of taking part in that folly but rather it would be nice to have the focus and resources shift away from NL and back to caring for and growing the world we love. Thanks again for the communication and I’m looking forward to talking with you on the 30th.
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    edited January 2023
    Bahahah this is great and exactly what I expected/called. "I hear you like boring grings so... Oooh get excited for a copy/paste of the past ToT, you know that one where cheating/duping was rampant!" 

Going to actually cancel my subs this time. 
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    Skett said:
    Same here but it’s in game :( 

I just wish they’d make the fishing pole exceptional and make so we can imbue it 

I’ve gone through 100s of runic kits trying to get a good pole.  Also make it one handed lol 
    they need to make them engraveable too
    I'm excited about the fishing pole but tentatively if it can't match our current poles it won't be used so let's keep our fingers crossed!!
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 285
    Good to see things are stilling cooking with UO.

please tell me we can turn in last years eggs too.
    theres so…many…eggs in my house.

Thanks team  B)

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited January 2023
    “How they have time to add more items and graphics,
    but don’t have time to correct all the misinformation text given out on mannequins?
    the Graphic designers don’t speak any English maybe?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • So you have to waste a vet reward pick to void a legendary fisherman from fishing up boots etc. That’s just LAZY inaction by the devs again. bravo 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    So you have to waste a vet reward pick to void a legendary fisherman from fishing up boots etc. That’s just LAZY inaction by the devs again. bravo 

Now if it's one handed with hooks shield like stats would it be worth it? Or a two tile ranged weapon that uses fishing for it's skill?? All we can hope for is that the developers are fishermen or have listened to what we've asked for