Powerscroll distribution discrepancy

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited March 2019 in Bugs
UO wiki reads:
"The benefits of Justice-based protection are only in effect while both characters are within the same champ spawn area."

I believe this should be true however currently,
Only the protector needs to be in the champ spawn area to receive a scroll, a griefer (like myself) is able to damage a champ spawn (or heal a player damaging the champ etc) and leave the champ spawn area and as long as you remain on the same server as the champ, you will still receive a scroll.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited November 2022
    " @Misk do you know if this is working as intended?

Why only the protector needs to be near the champ?

The other day, yesterday i went to raid terra keep (I was on my own), I got a couple of big hits on the champ, the people doing the spawn eventually killed me, i left the area with my tail between my legs, but knowing about this issue I went to covetous in fel which i knew was on the same server. The people doing the champ didn't heal the champ up after i hit it and so I got half of the scrolls, even though i was in a completely different dungeon

okay they could've healed the champ all the way back up to 100% life... but it's a little silly that i could run in alone, hit champ 3 x AI, and run out to another dungeon and still get 50% of the scrolls...

But even if they did heal it all the way to 100%, i probably would've just done the same things again

I think like protector its best you have to be near champ when it dies

it's not huge issue but i think it's a little unfair to give me so much for so little"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    Why is mervyn aloud to use someone else's account to constantly rez dead threads and push his silly agenda? @Rorschach
    edited November 2022
    Yoshi said:

okay they could've healed the champ all the way back up to 100% life... but it's a little silly that i could run in alone, hit champ 3 x AI, and run out to another dungeon and still get 50% of the scrolls...

"actually sorry i didn't hit the champ and run out to another dungeon, i hit the champ then died/was killed, then got ressed and went to another dungeon, and got 50% of the scrolls, even though i died.

I think it's unfair that i get any scrolls when i lost the fight - i was killed fair and square, and wasn't even in same dungeon or anywhere near the other players when champ died"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Yoshi said:
    Yoshi said:

"actually sorry i didn't hit the champ and run out to another dungeon, i hit the champ then died/was killed, then got ressed and went to another dungeon, and got 50% of the scrolls, even though i died.

I think it's unfair that i get any scrolls when i lost the fight - i was killed fair and square, and wasn't even in same dungeon or anywhere near the other players when champ died"
    I think I’m ok with this working as intended… you’re posting from the raiders perspective, but this could also be used by someone who gets raided to still get scrolls if the champ isn’t healed back up.
    edited December 2022
    "Some people are complaining about this.

some champs, okay no problem to heal up and kill, but other champs like neira, it's a big task

require confirmation if this is working as intended, as currently uo wiki description is incorrect"