Odd Percentages on the elections

Now...I am not very good at math...but this is just not right!

Unless 99.99% is the new 100% ;)

I just wish it would say how many votes and not this silly percentage stuff!

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    When a new voter changes it you can figure out how many if you are good at math. Rounding issue. It's 99.9.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Larisa said:

Now...I am not very good at math...but this is just not right!

Unless 99.99% is the new 100% ;)

I just wish it would say how many votes and not this silly percentage stuff!
    Always need to leave a little "give or take" for the chance of error lol.

That's why events end "on or around" dates usually  :D
  • You are certainly correct that we should see votes, not percentages. But then again we also should also have shard-bound vote rights.

As to the totals you're seeing, like others have pointed out, this is only a rounding issue, not uncommon in many data summary tables. Also can go the other way (just over 100).
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    That's why I wish they would just put the number of votes, percentages are just BLAH!

I don't know about the whole shard bound voting thing....it's just as easy to have someone come to your shard, give you ingots and raise loyalty to vote...so how would shard bound work exactly? I'm  curious.

• MerlinMerlin Posts: 199

It's just a rounding issue.  

I see no reason to add vote count.  Having only the percentage adds a 'fog of war' factor that makes the elections more interesting.   I see no need to change any part of the election system. 

• Larisa said:
    That's why I wish they would just put the number of votes, percentages are just BLAH!

I don't know about the whole shard bound voting thing....it's just as easy to have someone come to your shard, give you ingots and raise loyalty to vote...so how would shard bound work exactly? I'm  curious.

That discussion is here:
    I just mentioned it in this thread as another example of something we should have but won't. There are lots of examples but that one was in my mind due to the existence of that other thread.

• Larisa said:

The only way it could work is to only let each account vote once, period. Then you’d have to decide what shard and person you wanted to vote for on your accounts(s)
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• The only way it could work is to only let each account vote once, period. Then you’d have to decide what shard and person you wanted to vote for on your accounts(s)
    So if you play more than one shard you dont get a vote?
    Yuck.
    Sorry.
    Downvote this idea.
    Its fine like it is.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited December 2022
    The only way it could work is to only let each account vote once, period. Then you’d have to decide what shard and person you wanted to vote for on your accounts(s)
    So if you play more than one shard you dont get a vote?
    Yuck.
    Sorry.
    Downvote this idea.
    Its fine like it is.
    Never said i wanted it. just said it was the only way it would work. I play multiple shards and vote on them all.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Never said i wanted it. just said it was the only way it would work. I play multiple shards and vote on them all.
    I agree with Vic
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598