Where is the love for UO?

I have a deep love for this game and always have, it's unlike anything that we've ever had and still feels like in 2022.

However, it's hard not to notice the lack of communication between the developers and our community. I know it's not kosher to speak of all the free-shards, but some of these shards have absolutely showed what it could be like if UO devs were more active in their community. It makes you start to wonder why doesn't Broadsword give us a little more in communicating about UO. It's a slow drip-feed of info a couple of times a year and half the time I feel like they're upset at us for whatever reason for wanting more communication from them. 

Are the developers just tired of this game and taking care of it? There are several old MMORPG's on the market that still get a lot of love and attention from the developers and their player-base. Why can't UO have that?
Tagged:

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Divorced now from the game and just maintaining it.  New to the game and their first experience at real time programming.  Still pursing old time thinking and trying to make the most of it as they try to bring back the 90’s.  Just plain overwhelmed.  Left hand no longer communicates with the right hand.  No clear goal or just no direction at all.  Everyone in their own silo. Pledged to secrecy regarding long term or short term decisions made by those that can make them.  Or, a combination of the above.  Really can’t help much without enough information to identify the problem.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited December 2022
    The love died when the Devs decided to quit enforcing the rules. Making cheating/scripting/gold selling rampant. More and more HONEST players are quitting EVERY DAY! We don't stand a chance in "todays" UO!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    It's pretty clear that the Devs don't play the game anymore and you only need to look as far as some of the issues we deal with to see it.

The Devs didn't know Reapers didn't cast spells or do damage for what? 10 years? All you have to do is play a few times a year and you'd know that. You can also tell by the lack of thought behind some of the rewards; gargs have been pretty severely penalized with many of the rewards. All that's needed there is to actually play a garg char and know that something like Yukio earrings or the HCI earrings need to have some additional mods to be worth while.

I'm sure others could name countless other things that they've encountered that had the Devs actually played the game in the last 5 years would know are broken. That said, this is likely why they do not communicate with the player base because the more they speak on the the game, the more people start to question if they've even played the game (outside of logging in for a M&G) within the last several years.
  • @Kyronix

Please PM me if interested in selling the game!
  • ^^is Richard Garriott?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I don't think we lose anything if they scrap NLS and re focus back on production shard and putting more money into marketing and the game attractive for Gen Z. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited January 2023
    We still LOVE you all even if NLS is canceled, just come back to the 25 year old game, its still as good as any single malt.
    @Mesanna
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • To be honest, I'm really excited for the New Legacy shard. It's part of the reason why I came back to UO back in 2019/2020. I like the idea of a new shard experience that dives a bit more into the classic era of UO and is driven a bit more by the RPG elements of the series. 

The 'season' is kind of a turn off, but I'm willing to give it all a try. I really *really* hope this shard sees the light of day, because I'm itching for a new official UO experience.

• KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    The love for UO died when @Mesanna quit enforcing the ToS!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Honestly the season and weather update would be great 
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    KHAN said:
    The love for UO died when @ Mesanna quit enforcing the ToS!
    Dont harp on management bro. I’m sure the new updated list of legal 3rd party programs will drop on us any minute now. Then we can all either re-sub or do more then just log on to refresh a boat. Actually playing the game would be fun again.

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/1403/revisited-3rd-party-programs-list#latest

Ohh wait...... *checks date*

lol