Curious how to pay direct.

If the subscription is X but you can buy game time codes for less than X who is paying the full price? Where do the game time codes come from, are they valid, is it a risk? The difference per year is A LOT. I am curious. Is there an official option to get a subscriptiopn at the secondary market price?

Comments

• TimTim Posts: 790
    edited December 2022
    see thread "Third party resellers"
    pinned 7 from the top
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited December 2022
    If the subscription is X but you can buy game time codes for less than X who is paying the full price? Where do the game time codes come from, are they valid, is it a risk? The difference per year is A LOT. I am curious. Is there an official option to get a subscriptiopn at the secondary market price?
    The magic word is, "Regionalization".....

That is, the exact same Game Time code, to my understanding, has a different price depending on which Country it is sold in..... this, I imagine, because of the different cost of living across the world.

Too bad that then, they get resold for a profit thus depriving the Company that sold them of part of the profits and giving them to "middlemen" who purchased them in those Countries and then resold them to players from Countries where they cost a lot more....

This happens a lot also with "physical" goods..... there is Trading companies who buy stuff in countries where they are sold at a cheaper price and then move them over to other countries where these same items are sold at a much higher price....

Hell, even airplane tickets can have a huge price difference.... there can be 2 passengers seated one by the side of the other, but having spent for their ticket way, but sometimes waaaaaaaaay differently.....

This should not be, to my opinion. The Price of an items should be that price, period, regardless of where it is sold in the World.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited December 2022
    “There was a post on here explaining how to use a VPN to purchase the codes from the uostore  for the cheapest price which got completely deleted. (Read into that what you will)

But actually I was bouncing around different countries and they seem to have levelled the differences in price now. So I guess the third party sellers still have a stock of codes from when it was cheapest to buy with a Brazilian VPN, as do I

for some reason you still can’t buy from South Korea, they have to use third party resellers”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “There was a post on here explaining how to use a VPN to purchase the codes from the uostore  for the cheapest price which got completely deleted. (Read into that what you will)

But actually I was bouncing around different countries and they seem to have levelled the differences in price now. So I guess the third party sellers still have a stock of codes from when it was cheapest to buy with a Brazilian VPN, as do I”
    Doesn't one need to have also a Credit Card that is based in that Regional area, to place the order?

“No”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “No”
    Now, that sounds quite odd to me.... Companies selling do not check the regional location of the buyers' Credit Cards ?

So why have regionalization different pricing at all ?
  • usernameusername Posts: 690
    I tried buying some of these cheap game time codes a few years ago. The seller promised they were valid and even sent me a picture of Origin purchase email to me (easily edited so didn't prove much). While they were 'valid' in the sense they applied to my account and gave me game time initially, about a month later they were removed as they were 'fraudulent' codes. In hindsight, even if they were 100% legit, they're not worth it to save a few dollars while profiting some scumbag. 

Buying 6-mo codes using a credit card with good cash back off Origin with the EA Play 10% discount is a good legit way to get the cheap(er).
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited December 2022
    Not sure what you are asking here.  If you go to your EA account from the UO site you log on at you can setup your credit card so that you automatically renew when the time comes.  Did this the other day don’t know for sure if that was a good idea but it was not that difficult.  Got tired of trying to type in those codes with all the digits.  You can set it up to renew every six months.

Not sure I would buy a code from a third party seller.  Last time I looked the savings were a best nominal just a dollar or 2.  Not worth the risk.
    Arnold7 said:
    Not sure what you are asking here.  If you go to your EA account from the UO site you log on at you can setup your credit card so that you automatically renew when the time comes.  Did this the other day don’t know for sure if that was a good idea but it was not that difficult.  Got tired of trying to type in those codes with all the digits.  You can set it up to renew every six months.

Not sure I would buy a code from a third party seller.  Last time I looked the savings were a best nominal just a dollar or 2.  Not worth the risk.
    "It's a lot cheaper to buy 6 month gtc from the store, in every county" 
    edited December 2022
    The price for the six month subscription is the same as what it would be if I bought just the six month code from EA.  To be honest would not buy one of these from a third party nor would I play more for allowing EA to just bill my credit card.

I did look at what these sold for online a few years ago when I started and found most third party sellers had them for sale for the same price EA sells them for or close to it.  Don’t really know how to use a currency exchange to buy these. How much can you save on a six month coupon?
    "not for UK, i can't be bothered to check all the countries again, it's equivelent to $58.82 if you subscribe"

Thanks

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Then your US credit card will charge you a money conversion fee....
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.