STOP the Events Drops Shard Bounding folly!

1235»

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited December 2022
    CovenantX said:
     your group of 6 players down to 2, all caused by shard-bound items?  the only way that could be true is the only point for them farming the event is to make gold or $.
    So what is so shameful about getting more rewards to sell off? That is a legal game function. 

While my purpose is for my use, we don't have to judge what keeps other players from playing.

So you like to play in Fel, and that is none of my business to comment. We don't even feel the need to challenge that because that is what keeps YOU in the game. Everyone has different reasons to play, and as long as it's legal, who are we to judge? 

So if shard bound does not hurt your game, please get off this thread.

Doing TOT in Fel does not hurt me, so I won't go poking my nose, derail the topic, screw up others' game and become a trolling busybody in that thread. Unlike you, I mind my own business. 

Maybe I should be a busybody and go list 101 points why TOT should not be in FEL - keep you busy and out of this thread that has nothing to do with Fel.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    CovenantX said:
    Cheating is destroying the game, That and some very poor decisions the dev team makes to limit the amount of potential fun half the player-base needs to keep them playing, in fact without the out-of-control cheating going on, most of the issues wouldn't even exist, certainly nowhere near the extent they exist right now.

Pvpers are the first to quit, always have been, as it's literally the ONLY aspect of the game that requires players to directly interact with each other.  

Third-party client use, that is supposed to be a ban-able offense goes completely unpunished for several years doesn't seem to have any changes coming anytime soon either.

Forum rules don't allow people to post names of these programs (as if everyone hasn't already f***ing known each and every one of them for years now already- LOL) it's been beyond ridiculous for quite some time.

your group of 6 players down to 2, all caused by shard-bound items?  the only way that could be true is the only point for them farming the event is to make gold or $.

You both make very valid points. There's a lot of us with chapped bums for different reasons. The one thing we all have in common is that we don't like the direction the game is going. Gripes need to pointed in the right direction instead of towards each other. 

I can see a group of 6 fading down to 2 easily because of shard bound. There's only so many duplicates you could use on one shard if the must have rewards can have pof applied and the non pof are all relatively cheap in points. 
  • Ivenor said:

Because "Vuolsi così colà dove si puote ciò che si vuole / e più non dimandare." (Dante Alighieri's "Divine Comedy", Inf. V 22-24).

I.e.: aren't the PLAYERS that want to end UO.
    Literally just finished the book last month. Quote refers to Virgil addressing Minos who questions why Dante is trying to enter Minos’s realm.

Translation - “It is thus willed where there is power to do that which is willed : therefore ask no more.”

Someone may want a reference w accurate translation from 1948. ;)

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited December 2022
    Acid_Rain said:
    Ivenor said:

Because "Vuolsi così colà dove si puote ciò che si vuole / e più non dimandare." (Dante Alighieri's "Divine Comedy", Inf. V 22-24).

I.e.: aren't the PLAYERS that want to end UO.
    Literally just finished the book last month. Quote refers to Virgil addressing Minos who questions why Dante is trying to enter Minos’s realm.

Translation - “It is thus willed where there is power to do that which is willed : therefore ask no more.”

Someone may want a reference w accurate translation from 1948. ;)

REALLY nice translation: it captures both Dante's writing style and the "political" meaning of the sentence! <3

The only note one could venture is that, considering that Dante wrote the "Divina Commedia" in "Volgare", i.e.: the first codified form of Italian (in the Florentine version), that he willingly choosed instead of Latin for a series of reasons, maybe some more arcaich English words could have been suitably used.

But, on the other hand, as Yevgeny Yevtushenko said: "Translation is like a woman. If it is beautiful, it is not faithful. If it is faithful, it is most certainly not beautiful." :D B) ;)
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    edited December 2022

Shard-bound with an option for a one-time (irreversible) conversion to account-bound would probably be best at this point in time.   'account bound' should include all accounts under the same master account, if an account is at any point 'unlinked' the item is bound to the last account(s) that used/equipped the item to prevent exploiting/abusing the system.

Seth said:
    CovenantX said:
    So what is so shameful about getting more rewards to sell off? That is a legal game function. 

While my purpose is for my use, we don't have to judge what keeps other players from playing.

So if shard bound does not hurt your game, please get off this thread.

Doing TOT in Fel does not hurt me, so I won't go poking my nose, derail the topic, screw up others' game and become a trolling busybody in that thread. Unlike you, I mind my own business. 

Maybe I should be a busybody and go list 101 points why TOT should not be in FEL - keep you busy and out of this thread that has nothing to do with Fel.
       Nothing shameful about doing the event for profits, I'd be hard-pressed to think most people don't do them to make gold... You're the one saying shard-bound caused your group to be reduced from 6 to 2 people, i stated the only way that could've been true.  apparently you didn't like that.

shard-bound doesn't hurt my game, it gives me a reason to spread my gold/resources to multiple shards, instead of just one or two shards... which is what it is designed to do.   the alternative, is just to play Atlantic & maybe a 'homeshard' if you're already well established elsewhere.

The problem is that PvP is what drives the demand for many of the best items, and the prices reflect that, obviously when pvp is mostly on one shard (nearly all hours of the day) and a very small handful of other shards, some of the shards with no pvp people don't have the desire to farm there to make gold cause there's no one to sell to. branch off to other shards, most people Already have... get what you need first, profit later... if you can't or won't do that, I wouldn't expect the devs to change the game to cater to my 'wants' cause that's all there is.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659