When will you turn Krampus on?

Tried doing a trade run and got a normal container and normal ambushers :(

Please turn him on soon! :)

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    ya I was expecting it to be turned on too.
    only metal containers and wooden barrels on Sonoma
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Question is, same old same old rewards or will there be some new one too ?

Most importantly, if there will be new rewards, will their chance at spawning be "diluted" among the many older rewards or will new rewards be given a higher chance to spawn as loot as compared to the older rewards ?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    popps said:
    Question is, same old same old rewards or will there be some new one too ?

Most importantly, if there will be new rewards, will their chance at spawning be "diluted" among the many older rewards or will new rewards be given a higher chance to spawn as loot as compared to the older rewards ?
    From the publish notes:
    Adds additional hues for the Krampus Stars
    Adds the Candy Cane Staff recipe as a Tinkering Recipe obtainable from Krampus
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    edited December 2022
    *sarcasm follows*

So, I gather we will be getting new rewards? but will the chances of them dropping be diluted? Inquiring minds want to know!

*sarcasm ends*
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    The only new reward is the candy cane recipe which was held back last year, plus some hues of the krampus stars. This information was included in the notes for publish 114.

Some of us knew this because we actually read publish notes when they're published. 
    The information is also included in the updated page https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/seasonal-events/the-krampus-encounter/

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited December 2022
    Mariah said:
    The only new reward is the candy cane recipe which was held back last year, plus some hues of the krampus stars. This information was included in the notes for publish 114.

Some of us knew this because we actually read publish notes when they're published. 
    The information is also included in the updated page https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/seasonal-events/the-krampus-encounter/

Thank you about the reminder !

Nonetheless, it would be nice to know whether new rewards will have their chances to drop mixed up with the older rewards because, especially when being only a few, this would greatly reduce the chance for  players to get a new reward rather then an older one of which they may already have several of....

Since I seem to remember that in the past a higher drop rate was added for some newer rewards to avoid them being too difficult to get, when mixed up with older rewards, I guess that the same could perhaps be done with the new 2022 Krampus rewards...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Ya I should be able do it 3 times and get the new stuff...
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GemGem Posts: 37
    Does anyone know when he starts?
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I hope soon! I thought it started on the 1st with the Artisan Festival :(

• Larisa said:
    I hope soon! I thought it started on the 1st with the Artisan Festival :(
    soon™

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “I’m still seeing colored Easter bunnies”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Oh yes, it's Easterweenmisgiving :/

Pumpkins and skeletons still spawning in the graveyards and pumpkin fields, Bunnies still spawning, Giant Turkeys spawning, Christmas Trees up...

They are just making one mish mosh of a holiday! lol

• It'll be Easterweenmisgivingchrismahanukwanzakah next week. 

LOL

It's a new UO Tradition! WOO HOO!

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    So Juo'nar resurrects holms who creates a giant undead turkey/rabbit/Krampus...
  • Grimbeard said:

Grimbeard said:

Looks legit 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited December 2022
    Larisa said:
    Oh yes, it's Easterweenmisgiving :/

Pumpkins and skeletons still spawning in the graveyards and pumpkin fields, Bunnies still spawning, Giant Turkeys spawning, Christmas Trees up...

They are just making one mish mosh of a holiday! lol

The graveyards have been off for a few weeks I believe (at least on ATL there are no named skeletons). The khuldan stuff was just turned off last week and I think trick or treat was turned off maybe a week before (was still active in November though). 

The only thing I think is still going is bunnies and giant turkeys (the turkeys have been active for years though). Krampus is still not active but I'd imagine they will leave that run an extra week or two into Jan like they have in the past.

For what it's worth, Krampus seems to get played out in just a few weeks anyway (on ATL) and doesn't really need more than 30 days since it's recycled rewards with only a couple of new items/hues each year. Since I can remember, this event seems like it's busy for the first two weeks where sometimes I barely get 3-4 trade runs in before Krampus spawns and then the next 3 weeks it's like 2 or 3 people doing all 20+ trade runs to spawn him. I also remember seeing posts in the past from others saying their shards have trouble spawning/killing Krampus too.
    Some people would like to have the candy cane recipe for their shard/guild Christmas party though, time is running out for that. 

• MitMit Posts: 33
    Krampus! Krampus! Krampus! 

It's not like December 5th is the night of Krampus or anything..
    It's not like Halloween lasts until the first week of December or anything...

It would be nice if they had Krampus appear on Dec. 1st so we had a chance to get stuff for Christmas parties that we might have planned in game before our real life obligations keep us from doing so.

If you wanna go that route, then we shouldn't get our Christmas tokens until the 25th, Turkeys should only spawn on Thanksgiving Day...etc. etc.

Seriously we just want the content to start on the first, is that REALLY too much to ask??

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited December 2022
    Larisa said:
    Seriously we just want the content to start on the first, is that REALLY too much to ask??
    Yes. Yes it is :smiley:

In all seriousness though, I do agree that the "events" should have more of a concrete timeline which is something this team struggles with (usually it's "on or around" at best). All events should have a given start date (on the patch screen) and be like the treasures events and have an actual end date. At the very least Halloween content should be Oct 1-31 and Holiday stuff should be Dec 1-31. 

People will complain that the event isn't long enough I'm sure but at least they know what to expect versus now they log in one day to do X content and it's been turned off (which those same people will also complain about).

Side note @Larisa - it appears that Krampus is now active (on ATL at least)
    Yes because the mythology is that Krampus appears on Dec. 5th with his sticks to beat naughty children....
    Considering today is the 6th...

Whatever, just wish they would turn him on Dec. 1st.  Oh well.