Attunement

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited July 2021 in Bugs
"When you cast evade/warcry etc, and you press the macro to cast the spell again, your character will not attempt to cast the spell, instead you'll receive a message that reads
'you must wait xtime before you can use this ability again'

However with attunement, during the cooldown instead what happens is your character will attempt to cast the spell, AND if your spell concentration is disturbed, you will not receive any notification until you successfully cast the spell AND even then the notification just reads
'you must wait before casting that spell again'
so you have to just guess roughly when the 2 mins is up ALSO you just wasted so much time trying to cast a spell through all the interrupts only to receive the above non helpful system message. PLUS spellweaving spells you can't cast on the run so this is especially bad as you stop moving to waste your time casting. This gives an unnecessary advantage to those using the non official client who can fix this on the UI end. 

Expected result: attempt to cast attunement during the cooldown period to not attempt to cast the spell but give the system message
'you must wait xtime before you can use this ability again'"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Comments unrelated to the report of a suspected bug have been removed.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited February 2022
    “As further evidence of this not working correctly 

if you are under the spirituality buff, and try to cast attunement, the game performs correctly a check FIRST on the validity of the spell and will not waste time attempting to cast the spell and will give you a message to say you may not cast

also with any spell if you do not have enough mana, or have not completed the spellweaving quest, the game will not attempt to cast the spell prior to checking its validity”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    "i am still dying to this bug every day
    (issue affects only official classic client)"
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    "i am still dying to this bug every day
    (issue affects only official classic client)"
    But are your spellbooks staying in your strap?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited July 2022
    "this issue gets exaggerated during heavy interups,

If spell is interupted multiple times, char stops moving to cast (as with any spell) - however with normal spell casting you're actually casting a valid spell,
    so you can stop to cast and get interuppted eg 10 times (if bleeding, poisoned, and being hit with rapid holy light spells) all for a spell that is not even valid where after successful cast you will have nothing.

issue affects official classic client only

official classic client is already slower movement speed than other clients plus character also already stops moving when hitting trees, wall of stones, and house fronts, this bug is unnecessary extra stoppages"
    "I am interested to play on official classic client, it's possible to be able to play soon?"
    edited August 2022
    Yoshi said:

Expected result: attempt to cast attunement during the cooldown period to not attempt to cast the spell but give the system message
    'you must wait xtime before you can use this ability again'"

"even if they are not able to fix the bug, can at least correct this issue, then you could have a chance of manually playing the game"
    edited September 2022
    "here is a screenshot from youtube (screenshot taken from a official OSI atlantic shard) to prove that this issue is exclusive to official classic client, as they have correctly placed a timer on unofficial client to fix the bug"

edited September 2022
    "(disclosure, yes i did commission 3rd party script writer to introduce this bug fix for the most commonly used client a while ago to prevent people from quitting the game over this bug, however was on the understanding that the official client would follow suit with a bug fix, as issue was reported for official first)"
    edited November 2022
    "any date for when players will be able to use broadsword's classic client in fel?

proof of error:

This broadsword classic client only bug gets me killed every day, on every single human char, or any elven char with spellweaving.

I absolutely refuse to download third party software just to fix bugs, and i should not be forced to,

we should be allowed to report bugs of broadsword client without fear of action taken against account"
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Please report bugs through accepted channels
    Bug reports regarding all shards, including a test center can be mailed to bugs@ultimaonline.com, or by filling out the Contact Form.

https://uo.com/support/

WITHOUT REFERENCE TO UNOFFICIAL CLIENTS!

you have been asked to do this repeatedly, yet continue to ignore our request.

edited November 2022
    "no need to reference third party client.

This is bug on broadsword classic client. I have shown proof.

I don't care if it is fixed on other clients, i want fixed on broadsword classic client,
    I don't want to download other client, it's not a solution that should be offered

I can't report a bug because some russians have fixed on their client? So if they fix every single bug it turns those bugs into features? wow i will ask them if they can work with the pie safe...

This bug was reported for broadsword classic client BEFORE they fixed on other client so you don't know what you're talking about even.
    "
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,898
    Yoshi said:
    "no need to reference third party client.

This is bug on broadsword classic client. I have shown proof.

I don't care if it is fixed on other clients, i want fixed on broadsword classic client,
    I don't want to download other client, it's not a solution that should be offered

I can't report a bug because some russians have fixed on their client? So if they fix every single bug it turns those bugs into features? wow i will ask them if they can work with the pie safe...

This bug was reported for broadsword classic client BEFORE they fixed on other client so you don't know what you're talking about even.
    "
    You repeatedly violate the TOS  because you are using someone else's account and the mods show leniency because of it 
    edited November 2022
    Yeah let’s blame the people who use broadsword classic client… and ban them so they can’t report bugs”
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Yoshi said:
    Yeah let’s blame the people who use broadsword classic client… and ban them so they can’t report bugs”
    Report it here: bugs@ultimaonline.com 
This discussion has been closed.