What are the Folder to copy for CC+UOAssist and EC+Pinco when moving UO to another computer ?

I am in need to move UO to a different Computer but have no idea which Folders/files would need to be copied from Computer A to Computer B, in order to preserve all of the Characters settings and Macros, both with the CC + UOAssist as well as for the EC + Pinco.

Anyone more knowledged about such Computers migrations for UO can please help me out telling what Folders/Files I may want to make sure to copy between computers ?

@Mariah , is this info by any chance stored at some UO wiki Link ?

Thanks !

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,969Moderator
    edited November 2022
    Not exactly. In essence the information is an expansion of what is given here:
    when copying an individual character to test center. I can create a page expanding on that information. I will be unable to include UO assist or Pinco's information. Those are not supported by Broadsword.

Navigate to the locations given in that page, but instead of progressing to 'account name/shard name' copy the entire 'user data' folder.

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,985
    I send user data to zip file 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,929
    Grimbeard said:
    Not sure I understand what you mean....

User data under what path(s) ?
    edited November 2022
    Mariah said:
    when copying an individual character to test center. I can create a page expanding on that information. I will be unable to include UO assist or Pinco's information. Those are not supported by Broadsword.

Navigate to the locations given in that page, but instead of progressing to 'account name/shard name' copy the entire 'user data' folder.

Thank you Mariah, I am sure that it would also help other UO players who, like me, at some point might have the need to "migrate" their UO characters' set ups and macros from one computer to another...

Even if you can do it only for the Classic Client and the Enhanced Client, not also for UOAssist and Pinco's UI, it would still be of great help.

Thank you !

Perhaps, some other fellow UO players, knowledged about what folders/files would need to be copied from one computer to another and under what paths, might be able to indicate for UOassist and Pinco's UI what folders/files would need to be copied to migrate UO to another computer ?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,985
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Not sure I understand what you mean....

User data under what path(s) ?
    The whole user data file there is only one
  • popps said:
    Mariah said:

at some point might have the need 

So have you bought a new computer? or is this just another random subject you thought up?

I am not going to waste my time helping if this is hypothetical
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited November 2022
    "
    no it's important to backup macros regularly, i often lose mine when my PC crashes during play.

Assist macros here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\UOAssist\UOA-Settings

UO macros here:
    C:\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data

"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,140
    Yoshi said:
    "
    no it's important to backup macros regularly, i often lose mine when my PC crashes during play.

Assist macros here:

UO macros here:

"

Is this how you can salvage your UOAssist macros for a char? I recently noticed that on my fisherman all of my UOA macros seem to have been deleted (I haven't played him in like 4 years). It's kind of a pain to recreate the macros and I was wondering if maybe I could copy them from like my mage to get the basics (then save the final version and have those in case my macros are deleted again).
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited November 2022
    “Yes, 

My PC crashes quite regularly during play
    (not due to uo but some very outdated police works software)
    My macros seem to get wiped quite regularly if uo is open during a crash.

you copy these folders to another directory and just copy them back, 
    If making a new char just copy one folder and rename it”

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    "

Assist macros here:

UO macros here:

"

@Yoshi

Thank you for the heads up !

Do you also happen to know where the Enhanced Client, with or without Pinco's UI, would be stored and would need to be copied in order to make backups or transfer them to another computer ?

Thanks !
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,969Moderator
    edited November 2022
    I
    popps said:

Do you also happen to know where the Enhanced Client, with or without Pinco's UI, would be stored and would need to be copied in order to make backups or transfer them to another computer ?

Thanks !

I believe I have already answered that. Enhanced client files are, as described in my earlier post,
    I have created the page I promised in that post, it will appear in the 'technical' list when the site updates later today.
    [edit]

Mariah said:
    I
    popps said:

Thanks !

I believe I have already answered that. Enhanced client files are, as described in my earlier post,
    I have created the page I promised in that post, it will appear in the 'technical' list when the site updates later today.
    [edit]

Thank you Mariah !!