Facet specific chats please

No one in tram wants to hear grown adults talking like its 98 and they live in thier moms basement 

Comments

• usernameusername Posts: 688
    All those 'hardcore pvpers' just sit in Tram and trash talk anyways, wouldn't change much!  :p
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    You can make your own chat and name it what ever you want
  • Grimbeard said:
    No one in tram wants to hear grown adults talking like its 98 and they live in thier moms basement 
    i 2nd this, or make the ignore list limitless
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I like the idea of facet specific chat channels !
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Ah so it would switch channel automatically.
    that would not be great for buying/selling. 

I think if you could not type while dead that would improve the quality of chat.

however I don’t personally log into general chat so its not a problem I have experienced”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I wouldn’t imagine it being automatic. Something you would opt into.

I guess another way to go about it is being able to exclude Felucca from the general chat channel. Wouldn’t stop all of the trash talk but might help a little bit. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "like username said, if it's not auto, then everyone would just go in the trammel channel by default"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,323
    Many years ago, when chat was first added and the trash talk overwhelmed us I suggested this. I was told in no uncertain terms that the pvp players wouldn't use it. They don't do it just to wind up other pvp players, they do it to wind up everyone who happens to be in the channel. They know it annoys everyone, it is their infantile delight to do so.
  • Even if it was automatic, it wouldn't stop the infantile Gen Chat trash talk that PvPers engage in. They'd just wait til the fight was over and anyone who is able to will go to Tram and then start trash talking. It is legitimately something PvPers engage in to rile up everyone on the shard. [[If you have kids, you know the behavior: two year old throws a tantrum to get attention?]]
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]