mannequin's

I dunno how to tag a Dev or Messana but hopefully they will see this anyway, is there a reason in EC a vender will show whatever it holds in his or her hand, but a Mannequin will not?

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Whitewolf said:
    I dunno how to tag a Dev or Messana but hopefully they will see this anyway, is there a reason in EC a vender will show whatever it holds in his or her hand, but a Mannequin will not?
    You might need to elaborate but if you tag @Kyronix he is usually pretty good about responding to things like this. You can tag @Bleak but he rarely responds (although maybe he just gives the info to Kyronix).
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Basically, mannequins in EC are shown holding nothing in their hands even if they are holding a shield and sword, for example. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited November 2022
    " bug was officially reported in 2020

"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    The security on mannequins could use work as well it's very wacky with owner vs co-owner 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Something extremely hard, at least to my finding, is trying to see and remove a ring off of a Mannequin in the Classic Client....

Without the various slots in the Paperdoll like a character has, but the Mannequin lacks, I find it impossible to see rings and, consequentially, remove them, in the classic client....
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    popps said:
    Something extremely hard, at least to my finding, is trying to see and remove a ring off of a Mannequin in the Classic Client....

Without the various slots in the Paperdoll like a character has, but the Mannequin lacks, I find it impossible to see rings and, consequentially, remove them, in the classic client....
    I actually would agree with this. I think that the mannequin should look similar to our own paperdoll with the little boxes to the left where you can see the jewelry / gorget / head piece.
    They lookvjust like paperdoll in EC
    Grimbeard said:
    Now, that would be an interesting question to the Developers....

@Kyronix , why where Mannequins made to look like the Paperdoll in the Enhanced Client but NOT in the Classic Client ?

Why the double standard, if I may ask ?
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:

@ Kyronix , why where Mannequins made to look like the Paperdoll in the Enhanced Client but NOT in the Classic Client ?

Why auto follow for cc ?the clients are different that's why 
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:

@ Kyronix , why where Mannequins made to look like the Paperdoll in the Enhanced Client but NOT in the Classic Client ?

Why auto follow for cc ?the clients are different that's why 
    Even if they are different clients, if CC Paperdolls can have the slots to the left and right, I do not see why, in the same CC client, Mannequins could not be given those slots just as well.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    I did some searching for threads on mannequins, looking specifically for discussions on adding a security feature. I'm sure it has to have been talked about ad nauseam, but nothing jumped out at me. I'm resurrecting this thread to ask...

Why can we not set security on mannequins? Why can't we set them to co-owner? 

And will CC users ever see an easier way to get jewelry off a mannequin without have to switch clothes?
    LilyGrace said:
    I did some searching for threads on mannequins, looking specifically for discussions on adding a security feature. I'm sure it has to have been talked about ad nauseam, but nothing jumped out at me. I'm resurrecting this thread to ask...

Why can we not set security on mannequins? Why can't we set them to co-owner? 

And will CC users ever see an easier way to get jewelry off a mannequin without have to switch clothes?
    100% 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    If you have 2 accounts then let the Co-Owner place them and both accounts will be able to use them.  If you have more than 2 accounts then yes we need a way for all Co-Owned accounts can use them.
    If you have 2 accounts then let the Co-Owner place them and both accounts will be able to use them.  If you have more than 2 accounts then yes we need a way for all Co-Owned accounts can use them.
    Not true only the account that placed the mannequins can switch suits 
    Grimbeard said:
    WRONG  All my mannequins are placed by acc #2 in acc #1 Castle and both accounts #1 and #2  can swap suits on ALL mannequins.
    edited March 10
    I had a co-owner place a mannequin in another account's house and the owner of the house can't access the mannequin. You'd think she'd be able to, but nope.

edited to say: @Lord_Frodo I’m guessing if the homeowner account single clicked the mannequin she’d likely get the option to fold up the mannequin and the items the mannequin was wearing would all fall into backpack. 

I meant the owner is unable to pull the items off the mannequin’s paper doll. And yeah, totally out of luck with leaving something for my 3rd account. Or for my husband to be able to access, etc.
    LilyGrace said:
    I had a co-owner place a mannequin in another account's house and the owner of the house can't access the mannequin. You'd think she'd be able to, but nope.

edited to say: @ Lord_Frodo I’m guessing if the homeowner account single clicked the mannequin she’d likely get the option to fold up the mannequin and the items the mannequin was wearing would all fall into backpack. 

I meant the owner is unable to pull the items off the mannequin’s paper doll. And yeah, totally out of luck with leaving something for my 3rd account. Or for my husband to be able to access, etc.
    Correct Frodo is wrong 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Yes, unfortunately only his work that way.  :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Grimbeard said:
    And again you are WRONG.  You can SWITCH suits any time you want.
    edited March 11
    LilyGrace said:

edited to say: @ Lord_Frodo I’m guessing if the homeowner account single clicked the mannequin she’d likely get the option to fold up the mannequin and the items the mannequin was wearing would all fall into backpack. 

There is a difference between switching suits with a mannequin and opening up the paperdoll of the mannequin and taking stuff off
    Pawain said:
    Yes, unfortunately only his work that way.  :D
    And another idiot that is wrong
    edited March 11

There is a difference between switching suits with a mannequin and opening up the paperdoll of the mannequin and taking stuff off
    I didn’t want to switch suits though. I wanted, as the owner of the house, to take a single item from the suit. But since the homeowner account didn’t place the mannequin I couldn’t. It’s a pita. And could be remedied if we could set security on mannequins like we can do with many other items. 

Edited to add: I don’t have lots of high end items to create lots of high end suits. So, my characters do a lot of sharing. There’s a lot of mixing and matching. This would be made a lot easier if my characters could share equal access to mannequins. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited March 11
    @Lord_Frodo since Lily is on LS and we are putting together suits, she wants to take individual pieces off another accounts mannequin but she can not.

But yes, if another account places a mannequin in someone else's house. They can both access them for switching clothes only.  Not to remove 1 item.

But, her other accounts have no access to the Mannequin.  This is what McNugget and I are talking about.  SHaring works for 2 accounts if you do it right, but any other account has no access.

Which is very weird that a home owner does not have complete access to an item in their own house.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    @ Lord_Frodo since Lily is on LS and we are putting together suits, she wants to take individual pieces off another accounts mannequin but she can not.

But yes, if another account places a mannequin in someone else's house. They can both access them for switching clothes only.  Not to remove 1 item.

But, her other accounts have no access to the Mannequin.  This is what McNugget and I are talking about.  SHaring works for 2 accounts if you do it right, but any other account has no access.

Which is very weird that a home owner does not have complete access to an item in their own house.

If it is only 2 accounts doing this then it is still possible but will take a little longer to do and will require swapping suits.  Swap suit take item off your paperdoll and place in backpack then swap suit back to mannequin.  You will need to repeat this process until all pieces that are needed for the current task is at hand.  If more than 2 accounts are doing this then you will need a container set to co-owner locked down at your location to but the items into until all items are gathered.  Pain in the butt and slow.  Mannequins would have been nice if they were like containers that we can set to co-owner and all co-owners had full access to the mannequins paperdoll to add and remove items as needed.  Also agree it is a pain in the butt to remove jeweler from mannequins.  I have a jewelry box with my mannequins set to co-owner and leave my jewels there and not on the mannequin.
    Yeah, that's totally what I mean, Frodo...should work like a container.