Hi. Could someone help me to explain why the Bushido/Chivalry/Ninjitsu don't change the values?

BAwfulBAwful Posts: 18
edited November 2022 in General Discussions

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    edited November 2022
    First, you can only pick one magic ability, The second one you pick will cancel and inactivate the first. Second you only have 16 points left and without the resist page; info is not complete.

Edited to add - I'm guessing this is an old Cu correct - started out as a 4 slot? Unless this is a blaze cu or one you are emotionally attached; I'd get a new 3 slot Cu and start over.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Use the best Taming Forum on the internet.

https://community.stratics.com/forums/uo-tamer.419/
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    We would all have a few pets with Discord and Chivalry if we could...
    Marge said:

Edited to add - I'm guessing this is an old Cu correct - started out as a 4 slot? Unless this is a blaze cu or one you are emotionally attached; I'd get a new 3 slot Cu and start over.
    No it looks like they have added points. That's why it went from 3 to 4. Mana and Intel have been modified maybe more things.
  • BAwfulBAwful Posts: 18
    Thank you for the replies. 
    Marge, here the Resist page.
    In fact, I don't want to change the natural's magicals abilities from this pet. The petplan training shows some choices when I made the plan.
    About the petslot I don't know how it was modified. I guess it increased automatically.
    I have three fresh Cu with 3 slots and there is no problem restart the training

Marge said:
    First, you can only pick one magic ability, The second one you pick will cancel and inactivate the first. Second you only have 16 points left and without the resist page; info is not complete.

Pawain. Except the skills, I modified the resist, stats and regenerations as the suggested by UOcah site. Thank you for the forum's site.

I follow the plan in the Stratics site to reach the stats' skills, but when I try to train Chivalry for example - attacking Gregorio - the message "the pet doesn't  appear to learn from that" pop up. 

Pawain said:
    Marge said:

No it looks like they have added points. That's why it went from 3 to 4. Mana and Intel have been modified maybe more things.

I appreciate all your help.

Thank you. 

The newpet stats' list:

The message, the pet does not appear to learn from that is a training message. Not a skill message.

Gregorio does not train pets.
    edited November 2022
    edited November 2022
    Pawain said:
    The message, the pet does not appear to learn from that is a training message. Not a skill message.

Gregorio does not train pets.

I mean I know the NPC Gregorio doesn't training pets, but he is a char that used to train because he doesn't receive any damage. 
    "Chivalry- A lot of the magical abilities can be trained up the same way. I recommend that you work on maxing out your magical abilities last, because they will have reached a decent level by the time your melee abilities are done. What training these skills comes down to is time and patience. There is a spot in shame that you can teleport across the water to a safe area, just lure up one corrupted blood elemental and let your pet cast to their hearts content (picture) when their mana has run dry, simply back up and let them regen, and repeat.Another option for all magic skills as pointed out by Sturgismike is unguild your tamer, take 2 pets to tram, tell them to guard, then fight. They do no damage, but still cast and gain.Another option for all magic skills is Gregario the Brigand, pointed out by PlayerSkillFTW. Gregario is immune to damage unless you are on his quest. Just block off your pet so you can avoid using mana on any melee skills it may have"
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    The pet will not train chivalry unless you have given it the skill as part of its training. On the training plan you have posted you have selected both chivalry and magery mastery, but didn't have points to add them. You can't have both, and at current time you have neither, the pet will therefore not gain in those skills.

Also be aware that the training 'tricks' you have posted above involve a process known as 'blocking'.  Though I believe it is widely used, this process is actually not allowed in the game rules and by following that plan you could be putting your account at risk.

PlayerSkillFTW is correct in saying Gregario's unique quality can be used for training, but NOT in conjunction with 'blocking'.
    Mariah said:
    The pet will not train chivalry unless you have given it the skill as part of its training. On the training plan you have posted you have selected both chivalry and magery mastery, but didn't have points to add them. You can't have both, and at current time you have neither, the pet will therefore not gain in those skills.

Also be aware that the training 'tricks' you have posted above involve a process known as 'blocking'.  Though I believe it is widely used, this process is actually not allowed in the game rules and by following that plan you could be putting your account at risk.

PlayerSkillFTW is correct in saying Gregario's unique quality can be used for training, but NOT in conjunction with 'blocking'.
    Thank Maria for the advice, but I don't know what is a 'blocking' process. 

About the Chivalry, I thought the related skills in Lore & Knowledge page was a natural knowledge.

• KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    edited November 2022
    The skills listed under "Lore & Knowledge" are essentially just placeholders (the ones with a --- or ##/## rating).

Any skills that shows as "---" is indicating the pet has no knowledge of that skill yet and will not utilize it. So all pets will see the listing for Bushid/Chivalry/Ninjitsu on that lore page.

If a skill has a number value next to it (##/###) it is a skill that has been trained (but not always active, but that's more advanced and doesn't apply to your current situation)

Once you train abilities on your pet, they will show up on another tab of "Lore & Knowledge", but they will not have skill values next to them. They would just show as "Chivalry" "Armor Ignore" etc.

Then there is also the "Pet Advancements" tabs which will show any scrolls applied to your pet, as well as magicals and other abilities that your pet has been trained in.

Since you have only applied base stat increases to your pet and not given it any magical abilities or special moves yet, you won't see those listed yet.

Since it's a Cu, you should see "Healing" and "Bleed" on the last "Lore & Knowledge" page since those are what the Cu comes with.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

edited November 2022
    Khyro said:
    The skills listed under "Lore & Knowledge" are essentially just placeholders (the ones with a --- or ##/## rating).

Any skills that shows as "---" is indicating the pet has no knowledge of that skill yet and will not utilize it. So all pets will see the listing for Bushid/Chivalry/Ninjitsu on that lore page.

If a skill has a number value next to it (##/###) it is a skill that has been trained (but not always active, but that's more advanced and doesn't apply to your current situation)

Once you train abilities on your pet, they will show up on another tab of "Lore & Knowledge", but they will not have skill values next to them. They would just show as "Chivalry" "Armor Ignore" etc.

Then there is also the "Pet Advancements" tabs which will show any scrolls applied to your pet, as well as magicals and other abilities that your pet has been trained in.

Since you have only applied base stat increases to your pet and not given it any magical abilities or special moves yet, you won't see those listed yet.

Since it's a Cu, you should see "Healing" and "Bleed" on the last "Lore & Knowledge" page since those are what the Cu comes with.

Thank you Khyro.

Is there a chance to lost the Healing and Bleed applying some other abilities? Or those are Cu' innates? 
    edited November 2022
    You should stick with Jetee.  He is only a little ruined. Don't do your first training on 2 pets at once.

Hint. 95% of Mobs do Phy, Fire or Energy damage as their main damage..  Your pet will take up to 7% more damage on most encounters with 73 Fire resist.  UO is not a balanced game with Mob damages, A balanced resist pet fits no encounters.

Follow the Guide I linked until you understand what all the properties do.  Also never open the UO planner. 

Copy the pet to test Center, there is a gate to make the pet 100% trained. Build the pet there first.
    Training a pet is advancing the % bar that allows you to add points.

Skilling a pet is increasing the pets skills.

You use different Mobs for each.

(your pets do not have Chivalry yet. So it will not increase that skill)
    Accattone  is a near perfect Cu IMO.  Both Phy and Fire resist can go to 80.

Use the Guide for him.  Build on Test Center first.
    Pawain said:
    Accattone  is a near perfect Cu IMO.  Both Phy and Fire resist can go to 80.

Use the Guide for him.  Build on Test Center first.
    Thank you so much Pawain.
    I read your guide and I guess found my fault: I just attributed all points at just one round when I made the Jeteé (and on a previous pet - Saló) without count the points to special abilities and so far...

Why "never open the UO planner"? 

At this moment I'll transfer the char to TC1 to follow the sequence that you described at the Stratcis.

UOCah has good explanations but I always get lost when it says "final round".
    I guess the "rounds" are related to the slots, and the Cu's come with 3 slots innate. We can attribute points until the 5 (or 4) slots/rounds, right?
    A Cu has 2 rounds of training.  You need to adjust a pets base damage to maximum in the final round (2nd)  also it is best to build the base pet first then finish it with scrolls. I tell players to do that in the last round in case of a misclick.

The pet planner does not apply the changes to your pet. It also has available point errors. So you have to switch back and forth and can't see the planner when putting the things on your pet.

When you advance you can use the Cah planner to build your pets. 
    edited November 2022
    Accatone could look like this when built:
    https://www.uo-cah.com/saved-planner?id=BbOy59xZ8x

Still has 372 points to put in Mana or Hit Points.

He is a top 95% Dog IMO.

Congrats on finding him!
    edited November 2022
     <3 <3  
    Pawain said:
    Accatone could look like this when built:
    https://www.uo-cah.com/saved-planner?id=BbOy59xZ8x

Still has 372 points to put in Mana or Hit Points.

He is a top 95% Dog IMO.

Congrats on finding him!
    I follow at TC1 your plan:
    1. Set dex to MAXIMUM: 150

2. Set Stamina to MAXIMUM: 150

3. Set the resists to the values you want: 80/80/71/50/84

4. Set Mana Regeneration to MAXIMUM: 30

5. Set Hit point Regeneration to MAXIMUM: 20

6. Set Stamina regeneration to 5 or more if you want: 5

7. Set Strength to 700 MAXIMUM: 700

8. Set Intelligence to 370: 370

9. Use the remaining points in Mana or HP (107) Additional 56 tp HP and 51 to Mana.

But before I do all changes at 2nd round, I tested on another Cu.

And I follow to priority and the result was: (1) Area effects or (1) Special Moves/ Special Abilities and (1) Magical Abilities

I don't know why I couldn't attribute 1 Area Effects and 1 Special Moves/Special Abilities and 1 Magical Ability.

You'd have to be more specific. A cu has bleed so one spot is taken. 

You have the order part correct. You can't choose what you wanted because bleed is there.

Only put AI and chiv on that good dog.

With the extra points it has, Conductive Blast is something to consider.  

Nothing else.