Necromancy spell casting delay

ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
The base spell casting delays specified in the EC necromancy spellbook tool tips when hovering over various spells appears incorrect in several cases.  That's OK/low priority fix, so long as the correct delays are documented somewhere.

@Mariah
Several delays specified at this link appear at least out of date:
https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/necromancy/

here are updates for several of the spells for the page:

corpse skin - 1.5 second
horrific beast 2.0
strangle 2.0
lich form 2.0

vampiric embrace 2.25
vengeful spirit 2.25
wraith form 2.25
summon familiar 2.25

Note the "fudge factor" described in this thread also applies here.  If you're creating timing sensitive macros, add 0.25.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I think I need more clarity before I edit a page that actually matches up to the in game information. Where are you getting the revised figures you are proposing?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,897
    Are the times posted as a base
    Not using protection 
    No FC
    No FCR
    Not in any forms

Deviation from the base would cause differences 
  • @Mariah

An accurate time source (link) can always be helpful.  If you have a channel to the developers, they can probably confirm the back-end values very quickly (or a good research project for the newest team addition?)  Or bring back five-friday style Q/A?

Others are free to check the base values provided in the recent threads - easy to observe by creating macros.   The gaps/errors are trivially observed in several cases (enchant weapon, some of the form spells, etc).
  • @Mariah

Did you hear anything back from the developers to confirm the values in this string of threads?

A custom spellsinfo.lua could be posted for EC users, to address the client side spell timings as well as the mis calculation of protection penalty and negative FC.

There's also an interesting apparent server side bug, covered here (link), which does affect spells at several circles.  I'm curious if that will be fixed, since spells appear to cast but silently fail.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    At current time the wiki will continue to give the same information as is found from the in game tool tips.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited November 2022
    " @ForeverFun on EC the spell casting speed depends on whether you have cursor target or a set target (EG last/self)
    for some reason you can cast spells in faster succession when not using cursor"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    edited November 2022
    Yoshi said:
    " @ ForeverFun on EC the spell casting speed depends on whether you have cursor target or a set target (EG last/self)
    for some reason you can cast spells in faster succession when not using cursor"
    That's not strictly correct.

The casting speed is approximately the time you are frozen.

However, using the cursor introduces additional end-user facing delay typically, as you have another round trip between the client and the server due to the cursor targeting operation.  You're not frozen once you have the cursor.  That effective round trip delay is partially related to your ping time to the server.

In the non-cursor version of casting, that targeting round trip simply doesn't exist, so it may seem faster.

All the values I've posted are the net casting time.  All of the values can be tested, using very simple EC macros, and it's best to test without using the targeting cursor.  The magery thread points out a server side bug, using very predictable timings that don't involve cursor round trips.

p.s. many of the corrected casting times involve spells that don't even use a cursor, so even easier to test and observe.  Mystic enchant weapon sticks out like a sore thumb.
    “there’s someone called Boadi on atl who can cast like 3 times faster than me (using a higher FramePerSecond) and I use pingzapper.
    so there are too many variables”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    “They already changed some times I think,
    they used to be way off
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/1535/default-ui-on-ec-lists-incorrect-casting-times-for-necromancy#latest