Bug or feature ? Mob's Detect Hidden vs. player Stealth / Hide

My current Stealth 95 real + 20 item and 100 Hiding real , got unraveled from  Mob's (a.e. Skeleton) with 8.9 Detect Hidden in seconds. I was wearing all leather and a cloth chester hat (+ jewel's) . Same result if I was moving near the Skeleton or standing.

Made this Stealther just for fun but not sure If I am doing something wrong, or is this somehow broken ?
OFC I did several tests.. 

Regarding to this description: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/stealth/

"When stealthing near other people or monsters there is a chance you may be detected. A check is made by comparing the stealthers Stealth and hiding skills versus the other persons or monsters Detect Hidden skill."

With a total of 115 Stealth and 100 Hiding shouldn't I stay in stealth compared to 8.9 Detect Hidden or in other words , what is the math doing here ? 

Comments

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Not broken. Stealth was changed a few years ago for whatever reason. Birds are the absolute worst for revealing. 
  • AhankAhank Posts: 46
    edited November 2022
    @Urge, thx 4 the info.

Since I rejoined to UO some months ago , I would have hoped that such a information would be in the official WIKI . Looks pointless to me. At least the build wasn't  that expensive...

It's still good! It just takes a little more skill to navigate. 
    I repeated the test late in the night (almost no player), and the behavior of unrevealing was completely different.. 

Pure speculation: Maybe the server code is doing more unreval checks per time when he is running at higher performance ...
    Stealth tamer? 
    Urge said:
    Stealth tamer? 

No... I checked with a other char the Mob skills...
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I usually try to walk wide around any mobs when I'm stealthing, and never, ever walk through one. When revealed they don't usually target straight away and I can usually re-hide before I'm noticed, though I do keep my 'invis, target self' macro handy just in case. I just kind of accept that there should be at least a minimum amount of risk to the process, no matter how high my skill.
    I have seen some people asking a mod and he will may ask the devs if some description is not that clear. If the question gets into detail to prevent the stealther to get unraveled, not sure how I could do this ?

I posted already what I found in the WIKI:https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/stealth/

"When stealthing near other people or monsters there is a chance you may be detected. A check is made by comparing the stealthers Stealth and hiding skills versus the other persons or monsters Detect Hidden skill."

In this WIKI: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/skill-masteries/

"Ninjitsu Masteries:
    Shadow
    Makes the ninja more difficult to become unhidden from taking damage and being revealed based on ninjitsu skill, stealth skill, and mastery level."

I am not sure how exactly to understand this...

Does it mean : If Ninjitsu - Shadow Mastries is active, it is harder (like a additionally bonus to Stealth and Hide) to get unraveled / detected from stealth (from mobs/ pets/ players) in generally or JUST when the stealther receive's damage while in stealth. ?

Thx in advance...

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    Birds and paragons will reveal real skill fake skill don't matter 
    edited November 2022
    I could manage to test Ninjitsu Masteries - Shadow in combination with Stealth for a Thief class and regarding detect hidden.

In short words, save the money and time.

The WIKI should be updated: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/stealth/

A check is made by comparing the stealthers Stealth and hiding skills AND Ninjitsu Masteries - Shadow  versus the other persons or monsters Detect Hidden skill."

The problem with the Ninjitsu Masteries - Shadow is:

- Extremely high mana costs / Tick even if you could manage to get your equipment to mana regen 20-25 + 100 Meditation + 40 LMC (roughly calculated to perma reactivate it) you have to reactivate the Shadow ability manually every 20 (+/-) seconds.

- Activating and reactivating the Shadow ability makes a sound / noise which everyone can hear even if you are in hide / stealth ! 

- As long as Shadow is active your character is surrounded with a highlighted circle (similar if you  heal yourself) , which is not seen by others if you are in stealth but seen the whole time by anyone if you unstealthed.

- The good thing .. with Shadow activated mobs / players will need a higher detect hidden skill to unravel you.
    I think a Ninja wants to be as inconspicuous as possible and not
    - as conspicuous as possible