Graphic settings Enhanced Client

Hello,

is there any way to "fine tune" the graphic settings in the Enhanced Client to have the graphic of some items a bit more detailed like shown in the added picture. I generally I like the Enhanced Client (playing most time with it) but when it comes to fine tune the graphic settings, I suck...

Hope the picture explains what I mean.

Comments

• JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    There's not much one can do about the EC graphics. Especially for trying to get more detail on the paperdoll art.

(Also, off-topic for Ahank's question, but can we talk about how weird that armor set looks? Woof. Is it the belly button? The really embellished cleavage?The mesh mini-skirt?) 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    It looks like a dude wearing mini skirt... 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • AhankAhank Posts: 46
    @Jepeth and @Seth,

yeah you are right. The armor looks strange on the Enhanced Client and looks stunning (at least for me) on the Classic Client. (I saw a Pic from this Armor Set and started collecting the pieces and did the chain quest (for the last piece) , but it is a bit disappointing how it looks on EC)
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Dude looks weird as hell with that armor in both clients and makes me want to be less virtuous out of spite. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    You could try the 'legacy paper doll' setting?
    Mariah said:
    You could try the 'legacy paper doll' setting?

Thx.. you da man / woman ... :-) 

Anyway... other*s without that setting see me still with the "mini skirt"... haha..

• JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    Admittedly I think the helmet, gloves, and and feet look great. And if you throw a tabard over the full suit it looks nice together simply cause that set and the tabard are not from the legacy artists. 

I still wonder what historical suit of armor the artist was basing the set off of, though. Is it simply just a translation issue (like there isn’t enough visual emphasis placed in the right spot) or an issue  of limitations of the game art where there’s only so much that can be done when rendering the paper doll at that front facing perspective. 
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,021
    edited November 2022
    Jepeth said:
    I still wonder what historical suit of armor the artist was basing the set off of, though... 

I am no historical armorer, but to me the Virtue set appears to have influences from a bunch of older armors: the skirt from Assyrian or Hittite, the helmet from Minoan or Mycenean, the over the should straps from Greek or Roman, the exaggerated muscles from Greek or Roman. To me it all looks like around Bronze Age-ish?, (maybe prior to metal armor articulation in the pelvic area?), but drawn from different cultures.

Again, I know little of this time frame or armors in general, these are just my observations. For quite some time, I too have been curious as to the inspiration for the Virtue Armor.

-Arroth
    edited November 2022
    When I first saw a pic of the helmet (Classic/Legacy Client) , it reminded me to helmets some guys wearing in the old movie "Conan" with Arnold Schwarzenegger .. I liked that outfit , maybe that's why I started collect it... :D