Bards and Deceit

Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
edited November 2022 in General Discussions
Thinking about creating a bard.  Can bards do events like Deciet.

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Is anyone else having a problem posting?  This has happened twice now in a week. I get an error message right away when I start typing and when I post the discussion it gets truncated with most of what I typed eliminated.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    My bard/mage does great 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    That’s kind of what I was thinking.  With magery and eval intelligence a mage can hit pretty hard.  Do you have all four barding skills?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited November 2022
    Archer Bard does fine.  Mine is 4x 120 real bard skills to get maximum buffs.

Look at the bottom of the window when you try to post.  If it says you do not have permission to do that, it means you logged out.  Copy your post, log in, and paste it again.  This site has a 24 hr auto log off for individual device.. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I have all four but no eval i provo the disco using evs to kill 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2022
    I opine bards are effective support versus the tougher boss but unnecessary for Deceit that focuses on efficiency.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • looploop Posts: 301
    edited November 2022
    In general, bards are suboptimal for these events. As another person posted, an Archer Bard is okay. My bard is 4x (Discord, Prov, Music, Peace) with 120 Archery and 120 Chivalry. With skill jewels, I can lower Archery and Chivalry and get enough tactics to use Lightning Arrow. I like that with Provocation Mastery it's almost invincible, but other templates will fare better in terms of drops per hour.

The design of these events is to get looting rights on as many enemies as possible as fast as possible with as much survivability as you can fit on your template. In that sense, a bard with some ability to do area damage isn't terrible, but the survivability from the bard skills and masteries are too situational/overkill to compete with the speed at which sampires or more dedicated mages and archers are able to deliver.

However, I do think a bard would be more valuable on a shard with a lower population than Atlantic, where you might require more mechanisms to control the spawn.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    I'd lean towards using a -mage bow instead of archer. You'll do great hits with a slayer. 

I had fun with a discord weaving mystic with Magery for a long time. 

Loop is correct about Provo mastery. You can survive a massive gank in PvP with it too. It's pretty comical. 
    I'm getting plenty of drops with my bard not everybody has to be kill as fast as possible 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited November 2022
    Grimbeard said:
    I'm getting plenty of drops with my bard not everybody has to be kill as fast as possible 
    It may have to do with not being on Atlantic. I can start at the beginning and kill things all the way to the end.  Takes longer to kill everything at the 2 teleporter and Ram room, than a WW melee toon, when they are full. But longer is just a few seconds. 

I can leave a paragon easy with peace so I am not moving them around causing trouble to others.

It is a much calmer way to play. I get 10 to 12 drops an hour on my bard. 12 to 14 on my melee toons. With less stress.

It does cost around 600 to 800 arrows an hour tho.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Staff of pyros is great for bard/mage
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited November 2022
    Arnold7 said:
    Is anyone else having a problem posting?  This has happened twice now in a week. I get an error message right away when I start typing and when I post the discussion it gets truncated with most of what I typed eliminated.
    Not sure if this is the issue but sometimes I get an error like this when my session times out on the forums (it auto logs you out after 24 hours and you need to re-sign in...at least for me). So I might open this thread or start a new one while being logged in and by the time I finish reading through it or typing my reply it will log me out. When this happens I just copy what I wrote and re-sign in.

As for barding a treasures of event; it's not going to be the most productive method but it's a change of pace. You should probably add SW on the template for wildfire/thunderstorm to help with area damage. On a low population shard like Origin/Napa etc where the spawn is kinda slow you probably will be fine but if you are trying to use a bard on ATL you will be disappointed because people will come through kill everything on screen faster than you can provoke multiple things so at that point the barding skills are wasted.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited November 2022
    On Atlantic, the only time i've seen Bards in Deceit, is when it's a single bard running Provo Masteries to heal up a bunch of multi-boxed script auto targeting Archers or Throwers. I've seen 3 groups like that on Lvl 4 at the same time after 10 PM PST.