Wishlist: Vendor should display a list what he sold !

AhankAhank Posts: 46
edited October 2022 in General Discussions
I could not find a official "wishlist" for 2022/2023 or something like that so I will add it here...

It would be great for all vendor owner's for easy restocking if they would display what they sold . (lets say a.e from the date/ point when you last collect gold)

It can be extremely time consuming to check which items you have to restock. 

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Yes I’ve wanted this for a long time now. 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Yes.  For those of us that don’t really keep records or usually forget to update them this would be quite useful.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    +1
  • In EC,
    Actions -> Other -> Export Items to File
    does 90% of what you are asking.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    edited November 2022
    In EC,
    So you have a list of all of the items but then need to scan the list and compare it with you still have on the vendor to see what is missing?

A simple log of what sold and for how much, even if for just a few months, would be easier, no?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “ hey @Ahank
    what kind of things are you restocking?
    could you perhaps not just organise the vendor bags and items in such a way that you could tell at a glance what needs refill? “
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    edited November 2022
    dvvid said:
    In EC,
    So you have a list of all of the items but then need to scan the list and compare it with you still have on the vendor to see what is missing?

A simple log of what sold and for how much, even if for just a few months, would be easier, no?
    Hence the "90%".  Your idea to use a commonly available file differencing tool to compare say october 1st export to october 31st export gets it closer to 100%.

A simple log for what sells surely would be easier for the player.  Being pragmatic, is that easier for broadsword to release?  Would you rather have a 90%+ solution now, or wait some unknown amount of time for broadsword to implement something?  (this is not the first time this has been requested).

I recommend checking whether Pinco EC UI has already done something closer to 100% here, as the export function can be customized/replaced?  e.g. output in CSV would be nicer, recursion into containers, etc,eh?
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Really don’t keep track of whai’s on the vendor.  Too much trouble.  Probably would in real life but this is a game so no real reason too worry about taxable income.  Would not mind seeing a report of what he sold and for what.  Not a deal breaker though but think it is a good idea.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2022
    I am more concerned about keeping track of the listed price than what is sold. Perhaps the OP has alot of items.

So I keep track of my item prices on an excel sheet. The inventory is... visible, what is not there means sold. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • AhankAhank Posts: 46
    edited November 2022
    I think to implement this feature wouldn't be that much programming work . Could be a simple
    local TXT or XMS file.... Which could be read via vendor click

For example:

Sold:
    Date-time - Item-name - Amount - Price 

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    VS is already fragile enough with keeping track of all the items being sold and now you want it to keep track of every item ever sold, no thank you.  Make your own data base and track your own sells. 
  • AhankAhank Posts: 46
    VS is already fragile enough with keeping track of all the items being sold and now you want it to keep track of every item ever sold, no thank you.  Make your own data base and track your own sells. 

Please use your brain, this has nothing to do with VS ..if you don't want to use it ., don't use it. Thx !
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    edited November 2022
    Ahank said:

Please use your brain, this has nothing to do with VS ..if you don't want to use it ., don't use it. Thx !
    It has EVERYTHING to do with VS, what data base do you think they use?