Meet and Greet Transcript ~ Test Center ~ Oct. 17th, 2022

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    TY @Larisa
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    Larisa said:
    Thanks for sharing this, Larisa. I am sorry I missed this. Would have loved to have attended, but have been so busy I forgot about it.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2022
    It seems they avoided answering the CC targeting issue. In next M&G, he should just say CC targeting has bugs and so please fix it, period…. instead of saying he is forced to use illegal client because of CC bug.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    edited October 2022
    I think that question needed to be simplified.

[Napoleon]: some people would like to play on your official classic client in fel however can't because
    [Napoleon]: select nearest hostile, brings up
    [Napoleon]: neutral animals, dead targets, and red/grey guild members, this has been reported over half a dozen times

So bottom line, if you use the macro  SELECT NEAREST HOSTILE  it selects everything.

So instead of rambling on for 10 minutes about *****, 

SELECT NEAREST HOSTILE SELECTS EVERYTHING, NOT JUST HOSTILES, CAN THIS BE FIXED?

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    I told him to pre write his questions before hand to avoid confusion, once you confuse them they never get back on track.  Notepad copy paste works great.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2022
    “I understand my English reading and writing skills are not great.

I don’t recommend trying to shorten a question because,
    some of the developers evidently don’t play the game (at least in fel anyway) so will have no clue what you’re talking about. A bit like some of the regular posters here.
    so you have to spell out exactly what the issue is. 

There’s no harm in being accurate,
    even then Mesanna didn’t understand and thought I was asking for a new feature.

I’m not going link all of the half dozen bug reports from different people again regarding this. 
    I guess they all went unread, or someone filed them erroneously as working as intended and failed to notify anyone so nobody could correct their mislabelling”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • I didn't see something like this:
    "we don't understand your question, can you elaborate?"
    "can you provide a pointer to more info?"
    "we disagree, can you expand on that?"

Simple replies like that can move the ball forward in customer service scenarios.  My permission to use those replies granted :)

I think there's already tons of info related to targeting problems for various target types on the broadsword "customer service->bugs" subforum, which is operated by broadsword, and the content there is ready to read, reply to, or ask clarifying questions thereof.

edited October 2022
    “I actually think I know what their issue was. As they had a little discussion that we couldn’t hear.

If you make it only attack orange then it won’t work for PvMers who need to attack monsters. And I don’t know about trammel but in fel some monsters start off as ‘attackable’ Color and only turn grey when they attack a blue (you would have to have manually changed these 2 Colors to notice) so there is another potential issue.

But a solution that matches the way EC handles targets, by adding more options has been proposed in the aforementioned bug forum so hopefully we can soon move forward on this.”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Bottom line: One of them understood the targeting question:

[Napoleon]: select nearest hostile
    [Napoleon]: it targets neutral animals, dead players/pets, and red/grey guild members

[Kyronix]: Those are hostiles in the eyes notoriety checks
    [Kyronix]: So what you are reporting isn't a bug
    [Napoleon]: okay they are not though because
    [Napoleon]: if i cast earthquake, it will not hit a guild member
    [Napoleon]: so they are not hostile,
    [Kyronix]: That's not what we are referring to in this situation
    [Kyronix]: We all hear what you are saying
    [Napoleon]: you need to differentiate orange players to neutral animals
    [Kyronix]: And we all know what you want, but we disagree with your logic to get there

Come up with a better solution than telling them about the client you use.

I didn't see something like this:
    "we don't understand your question, can you elaborate?"
    "can you provide a pointer to more info?"
    "we disagree, can you expand on that?"

Simple replies like that can move the ball forward in customer service scenarios.  My permission to use those replies granted :)
     :D  ya she tends to go straight into anger mode when she does not understand a question, instead of that type of reply. 
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    edited October 2022
    Yoshi said:
    ... And thinks everyone should manage their play style. 
    No, I think people should manage their expectations. Because it's pretty clear there is a schism between how you feel the game should work and what the developers make of the game. Ultimately, only you can make yourself satisfied with Ultima Online. Whatever fixes they implement will clearly never be enough. 
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Jepeth said:
    Yoshi said:
    No, I think people should manage their expectations. Because it's pretty clear there is a schism between how you feel the game should work and what the developers make of the game. Ultimately, only you can make yourself satisfied with Ultima Online. Whatever fixes they implement will clearly never be enough. 

We want the following:

1) For things to work properly (they don't, as evidenced by this thread), bugs to get fixed (this isn't happening), and for the ToS to be enforced (this isn't happening either.)
    2) MEANINGFUL content updates outside of recycled holiday events (Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas, Easter)
    3) For other playstyles (pvp) in the game to get some love; there is absolutely NO reason why the main driving force of this game (let's face it, it's the pvp'ers that do all the farming, because it's in our nature to min/max and grind) can't get content worth fighting over.

We aren't going to get any of the above with the current dev team.  Sure, UO's a 25 year old game, but there's no reason why it shouldn't be able to attract new blood.  It needs a lot of work, yeah, and this small developer team isn't enough to do it.  Adding more people to the team isn't the only thing UO needs, but it's a start.
    Yoshi said:
    “What makes you say that?
    If I don’t want to download illegal client you should not force me or anyone else to if I want to play the game without certain bugs. I should be able to play classic client official.

How many reds do you have in your guild? same question to Pawain. Probably 0 yet you’re commenting on what we should do and how we should play and what we should expect. I wouldn’t even be surprised if neither of you are even in VvV yet you’re commenting on how we should manage our expectations.

pretty sure fel players pay a subscription too so are entitled to an equal level of quality

perhaps I’d enjoy the game more if i just ran around trammel trying to heal monsters like you described with your macro on the other thread, which just goes to prove how much of a bubble you play in”
    We are just giving yall advise if yall hope for the right response from Dev then first thing first stop telling them you need to commit a crime because something is not working as intended.  

It's like, I had to rob that boss because he didn't offer me the job after the interview and it's his fault that I had to rob him. Please ask him to offer me the job so I don't have to keep robbing him everyday.
    edited October 2022
    And it's face to face in a meet and greet. They are forced to answer. Why tell them something else, and give them the excuse to avoid the primary question  
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    drcossack said:
    Jepeth said:
    Yoshi said:

We want the following:

1) For things to work properly (they don't, as evidenced by this thread), bugs to get fixed (this isn't happening), and for the ToS to be enforced (this isn't happening either.)
    2) MEANINGFUL content updates outside of recycled holiday events (Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas, Easter)
    3) For other playstyles (pvp) in the game to get some love; there is absolutely NO reason why the main driving force of this game (let's face it, it's the pvp'ers that do all the farming, because it's in our nature to min/max and grind) can't get content worth fighting over.

We aren't going to get any of the above with the current dev team.  Sure, UO's a 25 year old game, but there's no reason why it shouldn't be able to attract new blood.  It needs a lot of work, yeah, and this small developer team isn't enough to do it.  Adding more people to the team isn't the only thing UO needs, but it's a start.
    ^^ This ^^
    edited October 2022
    "i guess since people don't get hit with nerve strike or vicious bite in trammel they don't need to add right?
    only when monsters start doing nerve strike and vicious bite and someone in trammel is affected we can look forward to a fix"
    edited November 2022
    " Even vs one player who you already know is carrying a bokuto
    you get only 1.25 seconds to figure that you have been nerve striked (without a debuff) and use a trapped box,
    it's very hard to read all that text in system message in that time when your eyes are mainly looking at buffs/debuffs

you get even less time vs 2 or more players.

okay i actually cannot read it because i am visually impaired but even if i wasn't it's hard i'm sure"

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited November 2022
    A wild guess, in EC textparsing.lua, 1063357 may notify you of what you want.
    1112472 also popped out of the RNG.
  • Balin_WingnutBalin_Wingnut Posts: 43
    edited November 2022
    Yoshi I'm going to give you a secret that's going to change your UO life forever. Do your targeting like this:
    Step 1: Use SELECTION macros to pick a target. 
    Step 2: Once you have the target you want to attack, use the macro ATTACK SELECTED

Now you won't have any issues targeting things. If you press SELECT NEAREST and it selects the magpie, just hit your SELECT NEXT macro and it will select the orange. Then hit your ATTACK SELECTED macro and voila, the orange gets attacked and the magpie gets to go home to its wife and children. 
    edited November 2022
    “This is currently how you do have to play in fel when using the classic client, 
    but the problem is, with so many invalid targets (neutral animals, dead pets, red/grey guild members and their followers) by the time you have cycled through half a dozen targets, the original target has gone, or you would be dead

you even have to actually have select previous target macro too because you’ll be cycling so rapidly you will miss it sometimes and have to cycle backwards

i challenge you to run into a group of 8 oranges and see how long you survive trying to cycle through all the targets to get one specific target. 
    i’ll try and find a video, moment”
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Maybe it's just me but does anyone else have issues with the consistency of "Select Nearest" (hostile) working the first time / rapidly?

It's what I've been using (well trying to anyway) for Deceit and I'll run on the screen toward a single target (skeleton/zombie/etc) and press it and it will say something like "there are not hostiles on the screen to select" and I need to press it multiple times for it to finally realize there is a target that I'm standing next to; almost like it needs to sync up with what I'm seeing on my screen.
    edited November 2022
    Another question that could have been phrased differently to get the answer, hopefully.

===start===
    [Doc Holiday]: so i'd like to hear more about the afk - nerf / ban situation
    [Mesanna]: the only thing we will say is that event was designed for active game play
    [Doc Holiday]: timeout - 30 minutes for "afk" in deciet?
    [Doc Holiday]: i see
    [Doc Holiday]: so its like a
    [Doc Holiday]: speed camera?
    [Mesanna]: That is all we are going to say
    [Mesanna]: anything else
    ===end===

Tell me more...
    Sorry, nothing more to say, anything else  :D

Seth said:
    Another question that could have been phrased differently to get the answer, hopefully.

===start===
    [Mesanna]: the only thing we will say is that event was designed for active game play
    ===end===

Tell me more...

Have you noticed the amount of posters coming for the first time to ask about this has dropped significantly?

The few that now come are speaking for their guilds and not from personal experience and we got an inside look at that issue, Yoshi admitted that he stopped caring when he found it was his alliance members that were actually Botting.

Arnold seems innocent, we will follow his accounts of this issue if he is hit again.

The Devs are not going to tell us what their methods are.  Cops use radar guns, a radar detector is invented.

While I am playing on LS there are no Bots, no afk players trying to get drops. Guess what, no player is in chat asking why they can not damage mobs.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:

===start===
    ===end===

Tell me more...

Have you noticed the amount of posters coming for the first time to ask about this has dropped significantly?

The few that now come are speaking for their guilds and not from personal experience and we got an inside look at that issue, Yoshi admitted that he stopped caring when he found it was his alliance members that were actually Botting.

Arnold seems innocent, we will follow his accounts of this issue if he is hit again.

The Devs are not going to tell us what their methods are.  Cops use radar guns, a radar detector is invented.

While I am playing on LS there are no Bots, no afk players trying to get drops. Guess what, no player is in chat asking why they can not damage mobs.
    Why do you feel the need to protect the Developers?  Can't you just let people have issues  ?? 
    edited November 2022
    Oh yes, a lot of posters here have issues. And I do not feel that I need to hear about them in this forum that is supposed to be a positive community.

I do not protect anyone, I speak what I see. 
    Pawain said:
    Oh yes, a lot of posters here have issues. And I do not feel that I need to hear about them in this forum that is supposed to be a positive community.

I do not protect anyone, I speak what I see. 
    And where should people with issues or complaints go ?if not this forum? 
    edited November 2022
    Email

As the newsletter says:

Your issues as you called them are not our business.
    Pawain said:
    Email

As the newsletter says:

Your issues as you called them are not our business.
    You understand that is your opinion? And people feel this is the appropriate place? It's not even that you reply once you repeatedly discount and insult every single one..
    edited November 2022
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:

===start===
    ===end===

Tell me more...

My comment is not about the method they used to scan, and also not about how to report via email or this forum.

I am commenting that those who are granted 1 minute to ask questions during a Meet and Greet could probably learn from past lessons how to craft questions appropriately, e.g. avoiding taboo or generic questions, etc.
    I agree, presentation is important and so is the subject matter at the M&Gs.

I am not going to say that I know how to craft a question that will get an answer from this tight lipped team.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Many posts have been removed. The posts were primarily personal bickering or forum violations. Please follow UO Forum guidelines when communicating with one another and the dev team.