Samp's Don't Need Nerfing They Need Better Manners

I couldn't find that thread that was started a while ago about nerfing samps, to tack this on to.

And of course, this doesn't apply to all who play samps. Because nothing is ALWAYS or NEVER when it comes to describing people and their behaviors. And there are lots of helpful samps out there as well. But you're outnumbered for sure.

Outnumbered by those who play samps that run full tilt and pop para's along the way. Then you won't stop to help a player you've dragged them onto. All you want to do is hurry along to the next nest of low-end mobs that you can WW then run full tilt again to the next.

Y'all know who you are. And y'all know you're behaving like a-holes. Nothing to be done. Just venting.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Rude people play in the am.  :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    *gasp* how dare you! lol
  • I run fully trained and kitted Samps on three shards. I don’t kill any poison else or rams so I cannot spawn them. I ignore them and run passed. Any other players out there that kill these mobs and spawn paras is on them not me. And I dont stop to clear up other players mess 
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    My pet P is those that get a paragon on them, then they rush to where a Sammy is fighting a huge pile of monsters and proceed to wack all the low level monster around the Sammy deleted the life leeching monsters so the Sammy has to escape or die as they cannot leech a paragon
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,897
    More importantly nothing has been done about the lack of fishing spot 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2022
    In Hythloth, we sent Para balrons to "locker" rooms or the stairs or exit. They are too tough to solo, and normally we have to wait for more to help.

In Deceit, I would prefer to drag them only to the stairs if outnumbered by para and I am solo fighting. Its easier to use the stairs to heal and return back to finish up. 

i think paras don't target unless you are moving... so I guess the advise is to fight on the corridors so if Samps run pass for their life, u just stand still. Best yet fight at the stairs or teleport, so u can run out with the samps if things get ugly. 

Some samps may still send paras to rooms and then recall off if there is nothing to Life leech there. But if there is another tamer in there, I think it's better to team up and kill the Para.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    I run fully trained and kitted Samps on three shards. I don’t kill any poison else or rams so I cannot spawn them. I ignore them and run passed. Any other players out there that kill these mobs and spawn paras is on them not me. And I dont stop to clear up other players mess 
    Uh huh, that’s the spirit. 

@Drakelord that’s fair. And I think I’ve accidentally done that more than once, using a bow and hitting my target nearest macro in quick succession before seeing I’m messing up a samp whose working on a para. But I do try not to do that. And I’ll stay and fight and try to heal tanks. 

Yeah, I try to work the stairs and teleporter @Seth. It for sure helps. But I’m talking mostly about not being near an available escape route and a samp comes kiting a string of paras that switches aggro. 

Anywho, I was just venting after getting aggravated. Im still having fun. :-}
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Seth said:
    In Hythloth, we sent Para balrons to "locker" rooms or the stairs or exit. They are too tough to solo, and normally we have to wait for more to help.

In Deceit, I would prefer to drag them only to the stairs if outnumbered by para and I am solo fighting. Its easier to use the stairs to heal and return back to finish up. 

i think paras don't target unless you are moving... so I guess the advise is to fight on the corridors so if Samps run pass for their life, u just stand still. Best yet fight at the stairs or teleport, so u can run out with the samps if things get ugly. 

Some samps may still send paras to rooms and then recall off if there is nothing to Life leech there. But if there is another tamer in there, I think it's better to team up and kill the Para.

Incorrect.  I've been healing my pet and they'll target me.  That could, however, be a proximity issue; it doesn't happen consistently + it's only certain Paragons that do it (from what I've seen, it's only the Ossein Ram.)  For other Paragons (like a Lich or Lich Lord), when I'm standing at a distance, they do NOT switch aggro to me, and I'm able to damage them myself with impunity.
  • Area effect spells or capabilities that hit you from paragons can cause a re-target.  That's usually why proximity of a few spaces helps.
  • Rude or selfish people will continue to do so regardless of what you say to them. The only thing that changes their behavior is if they have to. Aka forced to play nice with others against their will by circumstances. The next set of circumstances, they will resume original behavior. Every time. The same people who were jerks in Deceit the first time who became team mates in Hythloth are the same jerks again in Deceit. They wont even speak to you anymore like they did in Hythloth.

Deceit is an easy farm event. Everything can be soloed even multiples at a time. I can solo 2 paragon PE at same time or multiple paragon liches and a paragon PE if I can be quick and lucky. And no, I am not playing a sampire =p. Beyond the occasional rare 5min instance, there is no need for team work in Deceit. Hythloth on the other hand, was a completely different situation. It was quite honestly a lot more fun and nice change of pace due to much more forced co-operation.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    I can see both sides of the coin on this. 

On one hand you have the samps that will pretty much not stop running and come by dragging their train of paragons while killing all low level stuff and essentially leave others with their mess. I think these are the ones most people (including myself) dislike. These are also the ones that are likely not going to rez you in the event their spawn does get your killed when it retargets.

On the flip side though there are people that think they essentially own the spawn on the screen (which might possibly be some of the people posting in this thread too) where they get mad because others will come through looking for stuff to kill and are deemed selfish/rude because they are killing things faster than maybe a tamer using a single target pet to kill things. In this case, I think the people with the sense of entitlement are the selfish ones. 

I'm kind of in the middle here. I won't gather a train of paragons because I'll stop to kill the paragons I see 1 by 1 which isn't too much time this event but I won't clean up after someone else (aka they clear all the non-paragon off screen but leave the paragon ram). I will stop to help others though that are fighting a paragon so that we can clear it faster. Aside from treating things like you would want to be treated, there isn't much else people can do when the event is only in Tram.

The thing that would strike a balance on this is having it setup in Fel because things have a way of working themselves out. If some samp was running around with a train of paragons and I died to it (usually on my tamer), the next time around I'm going to wall them in and might even take a count. Same thing with someone who thinks all the spawn on the screen is theirs only... if they get an attitude then I'll be sure to bring a few extra paragons for them to deal with (and try to block them in).
    Rude or selfish people will continue to do so regardless of what you say to them.
    You're probably right about that.

keven2002 said:

On one hand you have the samps that will pretty much not stop running and come by dragging their train of paragons while killing all low level stuff and essentially leave others with their mess. I think these are the ones most people (including myself) dislike. These are also the ones that are likely not going to rez you in the event their spawn does get your killed when it retargets.

On the flip side though there are people that think they essentially own the spawn on the screen (which might possibly be some of the people posting in this thread too) where they get mad because others will come through looking for stuff to kill and are deemed selfish/rude because they are killing things faster than maybe a tamer using a single target pet to kill things. In this case, I think the people with the sense of entitlement are the selfish ones. 

I'm kind of in the middle here. I won't gather a train of paragons because I'll stop to kill the paragons I see 1 by 1 which isn't too much time this event but I won't clean up after someone else (aka they clear all the non-paragon off screen but leave the paragon ram). I will stop to help others though that are fighting a paragon so that we can clear it faster. Aside from treating things like you would want to be treated, there isn't much else people can do when the event is only in Tram.

The thing that would strike a balance on this is having it setup in Fel because things have a way of working themselves out. If some samp was running around with a train of paragons and I died to it (usually on my tamer), the next time around I'm going to wall them in and might even take a count. Same thing with someone who thinks all the spawn on the screen is theirs only... if they get an attitude then I'll be sure to bring a few extra paragons for them to deal with (and try to block them in).
    Yeah, I think that sums it up pretty well for me. Setting aside kiting paras and not helping to take them out. The rushing past others to kill all the spawn first is lame af. Charging past the player who just opened the door to a room, killing all the small spawn with two WW's and rushing out again before the door has had a chance to close again, makes you look like an ass. And there's no need for it.

Charging around killing everything wicked fast is totally fun. A big part of the fun playing a samp to begin with, I think. There's room enough and spawn enough to do that without rushing in front of others you're sharing the dungeon with. It's not that hard to read the room(s).

Stuff happens and kiting is going to happen. I know I've dragged stuff. But you can give a heads up. You can cop to, hey I just dragged such and such to here. And you can drag spawn the other way again, to try to keep it off players you run into. Hopefully that gives them a chance to pitch in and help too. If not, collect your robe.

I can totally see samps not rezing others. I don't really expect it and don't begrudge them passing on it. It leaves them pretty vulnerable. My not particularly well run samp doesn't have healing. When I do rez I try to go with, One Close Wounds for me. One Close Wounds for you...and hope the next pop of spawn helps more than hurts.  :D

Sadly, at the end of the day Estel is probably right. Oh, well.
    I love that name Estel. I had an Aunt Estelle. She was a bright star just like the name says. 

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    LilyGrace said:
    Rude or selfish people will continue to do so regardless of what you say to them.

keven2002 said:

Yeah, I think that sums it up pretty well for me. Setting aside kiting paras and not helping to take them out. The rushing past others to kill all the spawn first is lame af. Charging past the player who just opened the door to a room, killing all the small spawn with two WW's and rushing out again before the door has had a chance to close again, makes you look like an ass. And there's no need for it.

Charging around killing everything wicked fast is totally fun. A big part of the fun playing a samp to begin with, I think. There's room enough and spawn enough to do that without rushing in front of others you're sharing the dungeon with. It's not that hard to read the room(s).

Stuff happens and kiting is going to happen. I know I've dragged stuff. But you can give a heads up. You can cop to, hey I just dragged such and such to here. And you can drag spawn the other way again, to try to keep it off players you run into. Hopefully that gives them a chance to pitch in and help too. If not, collect your robe.

I can totally see samps not rezing others. I don't really expect it and don't begrudge them passing on it. It leaves them pretty vulnerable. My not particularly well run samp doesn't have healing. When I do rez I try to go with, One Close Wounds for me. One Close Wounds for you...and hope the next pop of spawn helps more than hurts.  :D

I love that name Estel. I had an Aunt Estelle. She was a bright star just like the name says. 

Charging around killing everything wicked fast is totally fun. A big part of the fun playing a samp to begin with, I think.

Along these lines, may I ask whether other players using Warriors are being able to "one shoot" regular Mummies (not Paragons) ?

The reasons that I am asking, is that I always need 2 hits to take them down and this slows my moving around.... yet, I have the impression to see other Warriors being able to just run fast and "one shoot" them....

Could those players able to "one shoot" regular Mummies please tell their set up that enables them to get this done ?

I can "one shoot" regular Liches and most skeletons, regular Mummies are really my slowing down issue taking 2 hits from me to go down.....

Yes, I do use a 100% Undead Slayer that is 100% Fire damage, an Undead Talisman and 100% DI on gear.... and do have double strike charged before hitting them.... nonetheless, 1 hit is not enough for regular mummies for me....

Thanks for the help !
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    LilyGrace said:

When I'm using my sampire I will rez people, who aren't causing issues, with noble sacrifice (sometimes it takes a minute of casting). I also have maxed out my compassion so that people are rezzed with 80% HP (ie I don't need to heal them). There is some risk there as I will be at 1hp and there definitely have been times a spell casting mob has spawned and killed me but kind of few and far between. 
  • popps said:
    LilyGrace said:

keven2002 said:

Charging around killing everything wicked fast is totally fun. A big part of the fun playing a samp to begin with, I think.

Along these lines, may I ask whether other players using Warriors are being able to "one shoot" regular Mummies (not Paragons) ?

The reasons that I am asking, is that I always need 2 hits to take them down and this slows my moving around.... yet, I have the impression to see other Warriors being able to just run fast and "one shoot" them....

Could those players able to "one shoot" regular Mummies please tell their set up that enables them to get this done ?

I can "one shoot" regular Liches and most skeletons, regular Mummies are really my slowing down issue taking 2 hits from me to go down.....

Yes, I do use a 100% Undead Slayer that is 100% Fire damage, an Undead Talisman and 100% DI on gear.... and do have double strike charged before hitting them.... nonetheless, 1 hit is not enough for regular mummies for me....

Thanks for the help !

I'm not understanding how you're not one-shotting them unless double strike isn't landing both hits.  I have a good chance of one-shotting non-Paragon mummies on my tamer with Flamestrike (55 SDI with an Undead Slayer invasion spellbook); if they don't outright die, the followup spell finishes the job.
    edited November 2022
    drcossack said:
    popps said:
    LilyGrace said:

keven2002 said:

Thanks for the help !

I'm not understanding how you're not one-shotting them unless double strike isn't landing both hits.  I have a good chance of one-shotting non-Paragon mummies on my tamer with Flamestrike (55 SDI with an Undead Slayer invasion spellbook); if they don't outright die, the followup spell finishes the job.
    Oh, I can sure kill them in 2 hits.... what I have trouble doing, is "one hit" kill them....

But I do see other players with their Warriors which seem to kill them extremely fast, without even stopping by them, only running by..... so, I assume, that these other players are "one hit" killing them with their Warriors..... but how ?
    popps said:
    drcossack said:
    popps said:
    LilyGrace said:

keven2002 said:

Thanks for the help !

Oh, I can sure kill them in 2 hits.... what I have trouble doing, is "one hit" kill them....

But I do see other players with their Warriors which seem to kill them extremely fast, without even stopping by them, only running by..... so, I assume, that these other players are "one hit" killing them with their Warriors..... but how ?
    Do you look at the weapon they are using? 
  • So once again Popps you want to do nothing and get everyone to do all the work for you. Who cares if it sone shot or two. Just kill stuff

don't make it hard, just do it
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:

Do Mummies use a Weapon ?

I was not aware of that.... thought they just used wrestling, perhaps some spellcasting ability....
    edited November 2022
    So once again Popps you want to do nothing and get everyone to do all the work for you. Who cares if it sone shot or two. Just kill stuff

Not really, was just asking to fellow players using Warriors who can kill regular Mummies in 1 hit, to share how they do it if they feel like sharing.....
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:

I was not aware of that.... thought they just used wrestling, perhaps some spellcasting ability....
    The people one hitting the mummies 
  • popps said:
    So once again Popps you want to do nothing and get everyone to do all the work for you. Who cares if it sone shot or two. Just kill stuff

Not really, was just asking to fellow players using Warriors who can kill regular Mummies in 1 hit, to share how they do it if they feel like sharing.....
    WHY??

what a stupid waste of time question. 
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:

Ah, yes, Warriors using double axes for the most part..... I also use a double axe but it takes me 2 hits to kill a regular mummy, cannot do it in 1 hit....

This, with a 100% Fire double axe with undead slayer, undead slayer on the talisman, and 100% Damage Increase on gear and charging double strike before hitting.....

I am not sure what else could I do to be able to kill them in one hit.... perhaps more experienced Warriors can give me some good advice ?
  • popps said:

You are totally yanking everyone’s chain with this question, right?  :D
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:

Ah, yes, Warriors using double axes for the most part..... I also use a double axe but it takes me 2 hits to kill a regular mummy, cannot do it in 1 hit....

This, with a 100% Fire double axe with undead slayer, undead slayer on the talisman, and 100% Damage Increase on gear and charging double strike before hitting.....

I am not sure what else could I do to be able to kill them in one hit.... perhaps more experienced Warriors can give me some good advice ?
    Perhaps they honor them first ? Or use CW so many ways?  There is not going to be an answer for you. 
  • Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:

Perhaps they honor them first ? Or use CW so many ways?  There is not going to be an answer for you. 

No reason to use Consecrate Weapon in Deceit if you have a 100% fire weapon.  You're already hitting the lowest resist of almost everything (Fire Elemental notwithstanding, maybe the Spectral Armor.)  Assuming that popps is telling the truth here, he should be one-shotting with that setup; a missing hit of double strike should be the only reason why.  But it hardly matters if you need an extra hit.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Maybe lower anatomy, tactics or strength?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I don't recall killing non paragon mummy with one hit. 

One hit should work for skeletal mages, skeletons, bone warriors, wraiths, and lich. Thunderstorm or earthquake can kill them even faster than Samp. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited November 2022
    @popps, your strength, and melee skills determine your base damage.

What are your skills at and what is your strength and show your Stat gump. If you really want an answer.

My macer takes two hits because he is not an easy button swordsman. He just WWs every hit.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    OK, thanks, I will look into my stats and go from there.....