I totally SUPPORT the developers AFK penalty for ToT Deceit !!

2»

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    drcossack said:
    As far as being flagged for afk: I haven't once had it happen to me.  I have, however, had monsters teleport on top of me when I am clearly in motion (and not scripting at all. I've been killing everything on a tamer)
    That's happened to me tons, all sorts of mobs that cannot teleport, teleport onto me.

My assumption there, is that is the fix for mobs getting stuck behind walls or in trapped places unreachable by players and stacking up, if they cannot get to you line of sight, they jump, which gets rid of the stuck bugged mobs issue.
  • drcossack said:
    As far as being flagged for afk: I haven't once had it happen to me.  I have, however, had monsters teleport on top of me when I am clearly in motion (and not scripting at all. I've been killing everything on a tamer)

I believe that's a feature of the event, teleporting monsters to players who are running around, i've seen it happen quite a few times, so i'm used to that, but i suppose it can be considered a bit surprising when the local lich lord and silver serpent both teleport on top of you...
  • And so it turns out, I was hit with a *48 hr* penalty... for just 10 mins of AFK at Luna Bank...

so the moral of the story? you just need to know how to phrase your report with keywords and your local friendly heroic GM will do the rest for you... "check's in the mail"
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited October 2022

I saw this at 8am on ATL while no GMs are around... the Stranger Things cast outfitted all in the same gear is cleaning up! The black cloak profile is the leader all the archers are following pretty blatantly auto targeting everything on screen. 

It was kind of entertaining to watch.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    keven2002 said:

I saw this at 8am on ATL while no GMs are around... the Stranger Things cast outfitted all in the same gear is cleaning up! The black cloak profile is the leader all the archers are following pretty blatantly auto targeting everything on screen. 

You've got to admit, thats quite cool. :)

They should get points for Artistic Merit. :)
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2022
    keven2002 said:

I assumed you paged on them, then that is good. I would have reported as I did during Yukio event and also taken screenshots of everything with names, and email to Mesanna and support at the same time. 

Then if I see them again next week, I will take another snapshot and send to Mesanna again.

I will keep paging GM and emailing the team with fresh info.

If they are still running around on the 3rd week, then perhaps we can post all here and direct the question to the team at the next M&G why this MB is still running around after paging and emailing... with all the Evidence in posts, screenshots including paging, and emails.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Unknown_GhostUnknown_Ghost Posts: 12
    edited October 2022
    I  think the problem here is the fact they can not or will not deal with the issue of 3rd party programs because they would most likely have to make it a blanket ruling from then on... a lot of people would then argue, 'if you take out the MB, then you would need to also ban approved programs like UOAssist etc...' - It's most likely you'll see a solution for the illegal MB etc when UO itself shuts down instead...
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    Pawain said:
    Decided to test this:

Not going into the details but being still for long periods in the dungeon does not flag you.

Yall are getting paged on.
    This isn't correct I let my protector sit hidden at the teleport to the 3rd level, during which time I was alone in the dungeon. After a period of time, she was flagged for being afk. No one was there to page on her, so however, you tested it was missed by whatever they are using to flag toons. 
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355

@Unknown_Ghost said: 
     the *last* time i got hit with the AFK penalty, it was *NOT* 30 mins... it was a full 24 hrs! and the GM i spoke to at the time, confirmed (indirectly) that someone had flagged me, and also the duration of the penalty, though this part he didn't fudge his answer....

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but you have to be logged in for the entire 30 minutes before the AFK ban timer is completed. Simply logging in and out to check only adds a few minutes at a time and the ban can last much longer.  
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Riner said:
    Pawain said:
    Decided to test this:

Not going into the details but being still for long periods in the dungeon does not flag you.

Yall are getting paged on.
    This isn't correct I let my protector sit hidden at the teleport to the 3rd level, during which time I was alone in the dungeon. After a period of time, she was flagged for being afk. No one was there to page on her, so however, you tested it was missed by whatever they are using to flag toons. 
    I have a guy sitting there a lot during normal play. Great place to drag paragons. Have got no time out, and he is not hidden.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    If it's indeed flagging normal players then it's bad and needs to be changed. 

I wonder how many legit players will quit now? 
  • Me neither.
    And that's what I'm wondering about: Do you all other guys playing in Deceit use "other methods" or whatever?
    :D
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    Me too been playing alot since deciet came out and no problems...