Ea swapping Origin for the EA App.

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2022
    Mariah said:
    the button in game takes you to the account management page.
    I believe it always did?  Are you mixing up your links?
    The link the Devs have kindly edited for us used to take you to the EA home page, the one now inviting you to sign up for their app. It now takes you to the far more useful page, for us, as you can see from the bottom of my screen print.

Can the Dev change the link for the Newsletter on the dropdown menu go to:
    Broadsword Online Games (campaign-archive.com)

instead of this outdated list?
    Newsletter Archive – Ultima Online (uo.com)

@Kyronix
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SableSable Posts: 239
    Pawain said:
    Sable said:
    Mariah said:
    To clarify, the Origin CLIENT is not the same as the Origin STORE.
    Which I happened to visit only a few days ago, Sunday in fact, to purchase game time for 2 accounts.
    I tried going to the Origin Store today and it rerouted me to an EA page about the app.  I tried installing the app and am having no luck with it.  I am on the library wifi, however, and they have many ports blocked.  Does the app require certain ports to be open when I cannot use here?
    Did you try the link I posted? 

You do not have to download the app. Unless  you want to play their other games.
    I did initially and nothing was coming up.  Fortunately it worked later in the day and it is working today as well.  Thanks.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Sable said:
    Pawain said:
    Sable said:
    Mariah said:
    Which I happened to visit only a few days ago, Sunday in fact, to purchase game time for 2 accounts.
    I tried going to the Origin Store today and it rerouted me to an EA page about the app.  I tried installing the app and am having no luck with it.  I am on the library wifi, however, and they have many ports blocked.  Does the app require certain ports to be open when I cannot use here?
    Did you try the link I posted? 

You do not have to download the app. Unless  you want to play their other games.
    I did initially and nothing was coming up.  Fortunately it worked later in the day and it is working today as well.  Thanks.
    Great. Since the link on the UO.com page takes you right to the UO part of the store, It will be easier to tell players how to find it.

Seems like a well done seamless change to me.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    Pawain said:
    Put this in your bookmarks.

https://www.ea.com/games/ultima/ultima-online

It takes a while to find, its on last page of PC RPG games

For buying stuff:

https://www.ea.com/games/ultima/ultima-online#add-ons

No you can not launch UO from the EA page.  :D  We lucky they knew it was one of their games.

“I tried both these links they both take me to the same page, can’t see anything to buy from uostore, how do we buy game time code?”

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Mu_WhiskersMu_Whiskers Posts: 19
    edited October 2022
    Scroll to right of Descriptions to show and click Add-ons
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    And if you paid for one year 10% discount at the Origin will that carry over?  I get a 10% discount on all purchases from Origin, that is 5 accounts 30 day game codes and also 2000 Sovereigns every month
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    edited October 2022

“I requested desktop view instead of mobile. I can’t scroll any further right.
    i have learning difficulties but before I was still able to navigate and buy codes but I can’t find any options here sorry”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited October 2022
    “Ah the option for add ons is missing in Korea,
    I forget Koreans can’t buy,
    have to direct traffic through another country and option appears”
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The need to fix the link in game ..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    McDougle said:

What link in game are you talking about? As far as I know (someone please confirm) the link in game has always gone to the account management page?
    It never went to the store. Unless there is another link I never used.  At least the link quit opening internet exploder.
    Mariah said:
    McDougle said:

What link in game are you talking about? As far as I know (someone please confirm) the link in game has always gone to the account management page?
    Open the store in game 
    Buy something that you don't have enough sovereign for
    Check out it will say you don't have enough do you want more and will launch your browser 
    It used to take you to the old page with sovereigns now just the first page ot the ea app
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
     :) 
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Drakelord said:
    And if you paid for one year 10% discount at the Origin will that carry over?  I get a 10% discount on all purchases from Origin, that is 5 accounts 30 day game codes and also 2000 Sovereigns every month
    no answer I see.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    Drakelord said:
    Drakelord said:
    no answer I see.
    Why are you paying $90 more for 5 accounts per 6 months
    edited October 2022
    Drakelord said:
    Drakelord said:
    no answer I see.
    You can go as far as checkout to find out?  The EA Play also has the 10% discount.  They may have also switched that part over.  I would bet they did.  I'm sure a lot of big name game players were using it.

https://www.ea.com/ea-play/member-benefits

After browsing I find EA Play is a big money grab.  I'm sure all multibillion $ companies are.

• BenBen Posts: 208
    edited October 2022
    Mariah said:
    Thanks for that update and clarification. I signed on and got a scare reading this thread post. It is hard enough getting into Origin store as it is here in China. Can't imagine having to figure out a new system.
    to clarify this used to take you directly to the UO page now it takes you to EA app 6 clicks away IF you know where to clik from uo page can they re link the sovereign page?

While they got you buying, maybe they want you to buy their EAPlay upgrades. I told you it looks like a money grab.
    Pawain said:
    While they got you buying, maybe they want you to buy their EAPlay upgrades. I told you it looks like a money grab.
    and if i didnt have to click 6 pages over i just might ;)
    edited October 2022
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    and if i didnt have to click 6 pages over i just might ;)
    You are at the download EA app page.  They want you to do that.  Then you would see your options, free, cheap, better, best.

The bad thing is that I don't know if UO will load from the EA App. So, how many EA players are going to go thru the hoops and pay to subscribe when they do not need to use the app or pay anything, unless they buy a lot of stuff and want the 10% discount.

I'm sure EA is who wants the page to go there.

Anyone use the EA APP? And know if it supports loading UO from it?
    edited November 2022
    The previous site to buy game time was much easier. I signed on yesterday and find the old site gone. I searched under Origin Store Ultima Online Game Time Code and after a few clicks finally got to this strange place that I had never seen before, and this is the picture of the unsuccessful venture to buy game time. Unless, I can figure this out, the game will lose three accounts. Perhaps for some a good thing, since you will be spared any more Uncle Buck cartoons. Now, since I also occasionally buy game time for other players here in country that can not buy their own, it will be more. Hopefully, someone is listening and can provide a solution. Otherwise, I will let everyone know all my stuff will drop and they can come by to pick up all my stuff, which is a lot. I guess all good things eventually come to an end.

@Ben what country are you in and which are you trying to buy from?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I think they blocked alipay outside CN if you are paying from inside CN. If you are in HK and using Alipay, it might work. They keep changing the rules and I am not sure whats the latest as I am no longer based there for work.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    On UO.com just hit the EA Store icon
    Pawain, Seth and Frodo, thank you. All good information. I will try. Pawain, I am in China. Seth, might be right. The old Origin store site had a HK listing, and that is where I used to buy from. Now, it is not there when I look. They did take Alipay there. Lord Frodo, thank you. I will try that now. Only, to excess this site I have to use a vpn, and so, I might be stuck when it comes to payment. We will see. Otherwise, I will let you all have first dibs on all my stuff on Formosa next month.
    There has to be others who live where you do and pay.  

Email mesanna in a few days if no answers.
    Pawain said:
    There has to be others who live where you do and pay.  

Email mesanna in a few days if no answers.
    Hmmm, I will ask someone that I know who might have an answer. I will email Mesanna in a few days as you suggest, if not today. Thank you.
    Thank you, Frodo. I will try. I did try the EA Store link here at UO. I can not buy there because I am using my vpn to access this site, and right now, with the political situation, I can only get USA and France to shift my location. Doing so, they will not take my payment method. I can not use company vpn, because all our company traffic is monitored by public security. I will try this new link. Thank you.

I am sure everything will work out the way it is supposed to.