Mage weapon question

Does eval raise damge?
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    edited October 2022
    Been over 15 years since I've known this but eval and sdi at one time did increase damage of spells when used with a hit spell or wand with damage spells (fireball charges ect)

I could only speculate now. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Eval no, sdi yes”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Urge said:
    Been over 15 years since I've known this but eval and sdi at one time did increase damage of spells when used with a hit spell or wand with damage spells (fireball charges ect)

I could only speculate now. 

There used to be an old "Cleric" template for Macers that ran with GM Eval to increase the damage of Wand Charges for PvP, back when Wands had no cast time or cooldown.
    Yoshi said:
    “Eval no, sdi yes”
    SDI affects the damage of Hit Spell effects, but not the weapon damage itself. Eval doesn't affect either the Hit Spell effect (all Hit Spell effects are automatically equivalent to 80 Eval) or the weapon damage either.

The damage of Mage Weapons themselves are still affected by Tactics, Anatomy, LJ (if an axe), DI, and Slayers.
    When my Prospector (Mining/LJ/Fishing) farms Shadow Ore Eles for Shadow Ore and Crystalline Blackrock, i wear a pair of jewelry with +15 Magery/+15 Tact/+3 Anat/15% HCI/15% DI, along with an Elemental Slayer Cameo as i use this Hatchet. Kills them in 1-2 hits.

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Thanks for the clarification. I remember a couple of dexxers that switched to fireball-lightning wands for key interrupts. That was so long ago lol.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    For pvp, is SDI also cap at 25 or 30 for hit spells?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2022
    “Ah yes sorry I was answering the wrong question (as my mage weaps have hit spell) and xe threw me off by asking about eval.

SDI for pvp is capped at 20 for non focused templates, and 25 for focused templates (info on mannequins is out of date)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Now i thought the eval for hit spells was 80 or yours if better.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I'm using staff of pyros on my fishermage with good success getting drops 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...