Ea swapping Origin for the EA App.

So apparently EA is getting rid of the Origin client for their new App, but I noticed Ultima Online is not in there.
It's been a long time since the App was released (I installed it back then, and then went back to Origin because it was bad) and they said eventually they would have all games there, but apparently not UO...

After the change, where will I be able to get game time?
Tagged:

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Good time to move to steam. All games could be there. But EA is arrogant.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited October 2022
    Went to the EA site and saw the pop up stating Origin is closing it’s doors soon.  So just what does that mean to those of play UO?
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    Ultima is listed in the games - MMORPG category, but all it does on mouse over is a link to either the forums or official site.

Hopefully we will still be able to buy game time? or sovs?

Arnold7 said:
    Went to the EA site and saw the pop up stating Origin is closing it’s doors soon.  So just what does that mean to those of play UO?
    Same name but this is the Origin app where you can log in and play games from your library.  Their attempt at Steam.  They are replacing it with EA App.

We will still buy stuff from the Origin store.

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Thanks hope I will be able to find it.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    To clarify, the Origin CLIENT is not the same as the Origin STORE.
    Which I happened to visit only a few days ago, Sunday in fact, to purchase game time for 2 accounts.
    Arnold7 said:
    Thanks hope I will be able to find it.
    Also, UO was not on the Origin gaming App. So it probably will not be on the EA app.

It's an app in the background where you can add friends and communicate with them. EAs attempt at Steam.

We will still load UO like we have been.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The change is horrible an already not user friendly thing made worse 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited October 2022
    Put this in your bookmarks.

https://www.ea.com/games/ultima/ultima-online

It takes a while to find, its on last page of PC RPG games

For buying stuff:

https://www.ea.com/games/ultima/ultima-online#add-ons

No you can not launch UO from the EA page.  :D  We lucky they knew it was one of their games.

McDougle said:
    Or you could post something helpful instead.  You have to find the specific game you want on any site with multiple games.
    edited October 2022
    It remembers your card, have to put in the 3 digit verify code.

Seems like a seamless transition to me.
    Pawain said:

For buying stuff:

No you can not launch UO from the EA page.  :D  We lucky they knew it was one of their games.

McDougle said:
    Or you could post something helpful instead.  You have to find the specific game you want on any site with multiple games.
    Well it used to take you very slowly mind you to the correct spot so yeah it's kinda a crappy downgrade and even your "helpful " reply somehow turned into sugar trolling 
  • Did I miss it, or is there actually not a "Search" on that page? You have to actually scroll through the list of names? You cannot just search by name?

It's no wonder Steam is kicking EA's butt.
    -Arroth
    Did I miss it, or is there actually not a "Search" on that page? You have to actually scroll through the list of names? You cannot just search by name?

No search....
    edited October 2022
    Did I miss it, or is there actually not a "Search" on that page? You have to actually scroll through the list of names? You cannot just search by name?

I hope there is a search when using the app.
    EA should get over themselves and go to Steam.
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:

For buying stuff:

McDougle said:
    Well it used to take you very slowly mind you to the correct spot so yeah it's kinda a crappy downgrade and even your "helpful " reply somehow turned into sugar trolling 
    Teaching you how to make a positive post is not trolling. After you show people how to do X, then you can put your opinion in.
    edited October 2022
    Some of us speculated the "Biggest and Boldest" would be UO going on Steam.  That would bring UO to a large audience especially with EJ.  It's not like UO is going to be a star on this EA App.

And it would not have taken 5+ years. :D
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:

For buying stuff:

McDougle said:
    Teaching you how to make a positive post is not trolling. After you show people how to do X, then you can put your opinion in.
    Me expressing displeasure is ok. neither the developers or the players need you to protect them from me. is it seriously so difficult for you to simply not reply to my post?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:

For buying stuff:

McDougle said:
    Me expressing displeasure is ok. neither the developers or the players need you to protect them from me. is it seriously so difficult for you to simply not reply to my post?
    Well ain't this just the pot calling the kettle black.... maybe you should practice what you preach??
    keven2002 said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:

For buying stuff:

McDougle said:
    Well ain't this just the pot calling the kettle black.... maybe you should practice what you preach??
    So you agree the new website is terrible? 
    edited October 2022
    McDougle said:
    keven2002 said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:

For buying stuff:

McDougle said:
    So you agree the new website is terrible? 
    What is terrible about it? Took me 2 minutes or less to find the place to buy stuff for UO. It's a bookmark now, so will go right to it from now on.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    I had no problem with it.  All my info was already there and it was no harder finding UO than it was on Origin.  So what is your problem other than you hate UO and EA
    The fact that it transferred your info surprised me. 
  • SableSable Posts: 239
    Mariah said:
    Which I happened to visit only a few days ago, Sunday in fact, to purchase game time for 2 accounts.
    I tried going to the Origin Store today and it rerouted me to an EA page about the app.  I tried installing the app and am having no luck with it.  I am on the library wifi, however, and they have many ports blocked.  Does the app require certain ports to be open when I cannot use here?
    Sable said:
    Mariah said:
    I tried going to the Origin Store today and it rerouted me to an EA page about the app.  I tried installing the app and am having no luck with it.  I am on the library wifi, however, and they have many ports blocked.  Does the app require certain ports to be open when I cannot use here?
    Did you try the link I posted? 

You do not have to download the app. Unless  you want to play their other games.
    edited October 2022
    Use the link Pawain posted, it will take you to the correct place to purchase codes - and will re-direct to the correct page if you're not in USA.
    The link to EA store on the uo.com front page also now goes to that page instead of the EA home page.
    Shouldn't the button we hit in game take us there like it used to 
    the button in game takes you to the account management page.
    I believe it always did?  Are you mixing up your links?
    The link the Devs have kindly edited for us used to take you to the EA home page, the one now inviting you to sign up for their app. It now takes you to the far more useful page, for us, as you can see from the bottom of my screen print.

Mariah said:
    the button in game takes you to the account management page.
    I believe it always did?  Are you mixing up your links?
    The link the Devs have kindly edited for us used to take you to the EA home page, the one now inviting you to sign up for their app. It now takes you to the far more useful page, for us, as you can see from the bottom of my screen print.

I put item in my cart i go to buy it says you don't have enough launch browser to buy more yes then to sovereign page now random page ..
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Mariah said:
    Use the link Pawain posted, it will take you to the correct place to purchase codes - and will re-direct to the correct page if you're not in USA.
    The link to EA store on the uo.com front page also now goes to that page instead of the EA home page.
    That makes it super easy to get to now