Pof new rewards ?

Are all the new rewards unable to use pof on? 

I'm not about to drop gold buying brittle rewards with no guarantee the rewards will be reintroduced in the future when they need replaced. 

Comments

• WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 171
    so what is brittle? ive gotten the vampbraces, robe, gloves and bladed staff and none of those are brittle
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Whitewolf said:
    so what is brittle? ive gotten the vampbraces, robe, gloves and bladed staff and none of those are brittle

Yoshi mentioned in the other thread you could not use pof on some of the items with durability. 

That makes it brittle just without the tag.

I'm trying to find out if these items have inherent self repair, made brittle without a tag or if Kyronix overlooked adding pof. 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    edited October 2022
    only the good items aren't Pof-able

robe, belt, human khal-ankur mask, talisman.

even though they don't have any tags that suggest they can't be.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Sadly these wouldn't be the only items with the brittle effect but not the label. Anything Imbued is also covered (though at least that has the "Imbued" label and hopefully everyone should know by now that that's a consequence). Also some of the SA artifacts.

There's a significant upside though: If the items have the traditional 255 durability that means even if you lose 1 point of top durability per week, it'll still last for around 5 years.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Sadly these wouldn't be the only items with the brittle effect but not the label. Anything Imbued is also covered (though at least that has the "Imbued" label and hopefully everyone should know by now that that's a consequence). Also some of the SA artifacts.

There's a significant upside though: If the items have the traditional 255 durability that means even if you lose 1 point of top durability per week, it'll still last for around 5 years.
    I've had to repair a new weapon I made for the dungeon twice already, in about 6 hours of gameplay on him.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    Sadly these wouldn't be the only items with the brittle effect but not the label. Anything Imbued is also covered (though at least that has the "Imbued" label and hopefully everyone should know by now that that's a consequence). Also some of the SA artifacts.

I've had to repair a new weapon I made for the dungeon twice already, in about 6 hours of gameplay on him.

And you lose a point of top durability every time?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Need i point out it's simply the lack of communication why on earth is something like yes it's brittle so hard ?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • McDougle said:
    Need i point out it's simply the lack of communication why on earth is something like yes it's brittle so hard ?

Oh I definitely agree. I'd prefer if everything that cuoldn't be PoFed was considered "brittle" and labeled as such, even Imbued items, had that label. We need consistency.

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    edited October 2022
    Urge said:
    Are all the new rewards unable to use pof on? 

I'm not about to drop gold buying brittle rewards with no guarantee the rewards will be reintroduced in the future when they need replaced. 
    I haven't gotten all the rewards yet to 100% confirm this is accurate for them all - I guess someone could check TC1 where they are all free but the ones I have are not POF-able (ie Brittle). That said, I wouldn't walk away from them if they really add to your suit. 

The bone gloves for example are killer. For me personally, they are essentially like a perfect piece for hand slot with the stats / LMC / LRC / Fire Eater. Sure technically I could possibly get a pair with 7 HP instead of 5 and some more resist and would be slightly better but those are very few and far between and at least on ATL they are easily 150-175m compared to these gloves being 130-150 right now. Both are brittle.

Not discounting they should either be tagged brittle or be able to be POF'ed, but I wouldn't shy away from the piece just because they are brittle @Urge if they give you the bump you need. Worst case scenario is you wear them out and need to go back to whatever piece they have replaced in your suit.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2022
    “you can’t get a pair of gloves with 9 mods on as loot (unless 1 of the mods is stamina regen)
    they were already massively OP then they added 15 fire eater
    there is also no way you would find the same pair even without the fire eater for 175 mill, they would’ve retailed at like 3 plat. Probably more”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Agreed on the number of mods. From my perspective, LMC/LRC caps are pretty easy to get these days for a mage because one of those properties is almost always on armor and HPR is a nice perk but I wouldn't think it's a make or break property. I have a few pieces like the gloves but they are like 2LMC instead of 10LMC (which doesn't matter for my suit) and no fire eater (I have it on another piece). 

That said, if these items are so OP then getting a pair for 130-150m (might even go lower in another month or 2) then stocking up on 3-4 pairs would be well worth the investment. 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453

You're not factoring in the number of times you fail to repair and lose a point of durability. Or does that only happen to me ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

You're not factoring in the number of times you fail to repair and lose a point of durability. Or does that only happen to me ?
    If you don't wait until 0 durability that won't happen. I repair around 20-30 durability most of the time and I've never failed (using repair deeds on my sampire - 0 luck)
    edited October 2022
    keven2002 said:

but I wouldn't shy away from the piece just because they are brittle @ Urge if they give you the bump you need. Worst case scenario is you wear them out and need to go back to whatever piece they have replaced in your suit.

I'm out of my pvp phase so most of my characters are set with the base skills and stats i'll use until the game unplugs. 

Having something like fc on a robe and +skill on a belt has never been seen before. That would be a major change on a suit when they wear out unless i stockpile multiples. I totally get what you're saying but i'm just not feeling this. 

They get a +1 for this gold sink. 
  • So far I have only bought the corrupted paladin vambraces. When the durability is 255 applying PoF gives the message "this item cannot be improved further" & not the message that PoF cannot be applied. The balron armor which can be PoF gives the same "this item cannot be improved further" message.
  • TheoTheo Posts: 167
    edited October 2022
    So far I have only bought the corrupted paladin vambraces. When the durability is 255 applying PoF gives the message "this item cannot be improved further" & not the message that PoF cannot be applied. The balron armor which can be PoF gives the same "this item cannot be improved further" message.
    The people reporting POF don't work are probably trying on 255/255 items.  Wear it down a bit and try - then see if POF works.  You can't POF ANY x/255 item.  You need it to be x/254 at least. 
    I'll jump on test later tonight and hit the sheep pens to drop durability of all the good items. 

I'll report my findings for a clear and final answer. 
    edited October 2022
    “Ah okay thanks for info, so it’s possible it could work.
    (when I tried mantle of Archlich at 254/255 it read
    You cannot use the powder on that item)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Yoshi said:
    You can PoF something at 254.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
     @CovenantX has already tested and posted the list of non pofable items.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited October 2022
    Theo said:
    The people reporting POF don't work are probably trying on 255/255 items.  Wear it down a bit and try - then see if POF works.  You can't POF ANY x/255 item.  You need it to be x/254 at least. 

The messages are different regardless if the item is capped out or not, which tells you whether or not an item can be Pof'd, no need to the durability down for that, but I actually did test the durability on the talisman/robe & belt (the mask had been tested previously) on TC to see if it auto-repaired (like some existing artifacts do), and they do not.

Yoshi said:
     "You cannot use the powder on that item." - Means the item just cannot be Pof'd regardless of durability.

"The item cannot be improved any further." - Means the item is its maximum durability and can have Pof applied if it's max durability is reduced.

Seth said:
     @ CovenantX has already tested and posted the list of non pofable items.

I did, ~2 years ago i believe...  I should add to it just to reiterate the many that have still not been fixed yet.

CovenantX said:

@ Kyronix, some of these reward items have durability but cannot have PoF applied to them.
    The following items cannot be Pof'd

Mantle of the Archlich (Robe - Tailoring)
    Scabbard of Juo'nar (Sword belt - Tailoring)
    Cingulum of Juo'nar (Gargish Apron - Tailoring)
    Divinum Luminous (Talisman - Tinkering)

Mask of Khal Ankur (Human Version only - unique head piece style)

Bug section quote (2021)

Shadowguard Artifacts:
    Wamaps bone Earrings  (earrings)
    Ozymandias' Obi (Obi)
    Anon's Boots (Leather Boots)
    Shanty's Waders (Thigh boots)
    Hawkwind's Robe (Robe)
    Jumu's Sacred Hide (Cloak)
    Enchantress' Cameo (Talisman)
    Totem of the Tribe (Talisman)
    Minax's Sandals (Sandals)

Corgul the Soulbinder Artifacts:
    Ring of the Soulbinder (Ring)

Scalis Artifacts:
    Enchanted Coral Bracelet (Bracelet)

SA Artifacts:
    Mystic's Garb (Gargish Robe)

SA Mini spawn Artifacts:
    Demon Bridle Ring (Ring)
    Token of Holy Favor (bracelet)

Covetous Artifacts:
    Bracelet of Protection (Bracelet)

Doom Artifacts:
    Bracelet of Primal Consumption (Bracelet)

Items generated via random loot generator.

Ring   ("Clean" all directions & types)
    Bracelet ("Clean" all directions & types)

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Just finished my testing as well by adding 1 point of crafting skills to kick the JoaT and beating down durability then repairing to kick the durability down a point. 

As Covenant said:
    Robe - Belt - Talisman CANNOT APPLY POF 

Expor Malas (bladed staff) - gloves - vambraces CAN APPLY POF

I can't stand gargs and wish they would go away so i didn't even bother testing for them. 

I could have saved a couple hours if they would have just told us up front. Thumb down for Kyronix
    edited October 2022
    @CovenantX
    to be fair that list is no longer accurate,

as a rule jewellery cannot be PoFed (could argue this is just a set rule as intended)
    and all of the roof artis instead are missing the self repair label (open bug report still)
    only ones that I would say are broken are:
    jumu’s sacred hide
    (doesn’t have self repair)

and I guess Mystic’s garb but I haven’t tested.

plus all the new ones you listed.

Just a warning if anyone is thinking of transmogging the new robe Mantle of the Archlich onto a parrot - (which is really quite likely to happen) As far as I’m aware there is still an open bug report that this parrot is not repairable even so your new robe will end up both:
    brittle and cannot be repaired.

Thanks for playing Ultima Online”
    Yoshi said:
    “ @ CovenantX
    to be fair that list is no longer accurate,

as a rule jewellery cannot be PoFed (could argue this is just a set rule as intended)
    and all of the roof artis instead are missing the self repair label (open bug report still)
    only ones that I would say are broken are:
    jumu’s sacred hide
    (doesn’t have self repair)

and I guess Mystic’s garb but I haven’t tested.

plus all the new ones you listed.

Just a warning if anyone is thinking of transmogging the new robe Mantle of the Archlich onto a parrot - (which is really quite likely to happen) As far as I’m aware there is still an open bug report that this parrot is not repairable even so your new robe will end up both:
    brittle and cannot be repaired.

Thanks for playing Ultima Online”

1) It's a "rule" according to the devs opinion, however, these items are still lacking any tags that suggest they cannot be Pof'd. -which is the problem, consistency is key.

2) the shadowguard artifacts don't have a hidden self-repair mod, self repair doesn't repair items from 0-255 simply my completely logging out and back in.  I believe this to be a bug (no other items function this way), considering as you say, some of the SG items do not auto-repair. (jumu's is one), problem is people don't care much about it because these items from SG that cannot be pof'd never need to be.

There are other items i missed from previous ToT events that aren't on this list.. like the +10 ninja/hci earrings... but you know what?  If they fixed the jewelry and item types that didn't have durability prior by allowing PoF, it would fix everything.   Or they could add brittle, imbued or replica tags to these artifacts to make them consistent.  Either one is fine by me, but i would much prefer Pof-ability.

ICQ# 478 633 659
    Also, just to add, if the devs really felt the way they claimed about Jewerly' never being pof-able and all that nonsense.

There wouldn't be items added After the fact, going against that rule.

Both of which were relatively recent, and After the statement was made about "items not lasting forever", in fact, these items don't even have durability so there's not even minimal upkeep to maintain them.

ICQ# 478 633 659
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2022
    They should make event rewards POFable since that they are not available regularly.

Dev think and worry too much on item properties. non pof, shard bound and the new account bound... Nice rewards but with limitations. sigh.

Most shard are still showing Low Population on the login screen. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs